Singapore Gateway, Massive lag spikes

Past 2-3 days were fine for me, around 20 ms most of the time. I can join parties just fine. Today I was suddenly dropped in a Texas party and when I came on again and rejoined the instance, ping shot up to 1600 ms, kept rubberbanding while chat kept going. Same for nearly all the other parties I joined. So decided to stick to solo, ping dropped back to the normal 20-40 ms. Right now I'm in town and I have 190 ms, realized I was also kicked to Australia gateway.

edit: in hideout right now it's at 16-33 ms, Singapore gateway. So I think the crazy ping might be fixed already, but getting bumped into Australia is the problem now. I guess the act and difficulty matters too. The kangaroos have taken over merc act 4, cruel act 2-3 and normal act 1.
Last edited by hoyke on Jul 21, 2015, 5:20:19 PM
Its not fixed in any way.

The lag spikes even when you are on the Singapore realm are unbearable, it turns the game into a jerky mess.

Turn lockstep off and its smooth, but of course de-syncs to hell and back.

This for me is totally unacceptable.

To not even garner a response on a thread of this size, is totally out of order.
Never had this issue before in years of playing on SG gateway. Now getting huge lag spikes and every second instance is kicking me to the AUS gateway. Really annoying. Please GGG, I love this game so much, new expansion is f**king amazing, just fix the SG gateway!
Can confirm SG gateway has been flaky as hell since 2.0 release. I did a trace and had like 90% packet loss on a softlayer.com node (don't have the result handy right now, available on request).
Stuck playing on California, yay 160ms ping
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Look at that ridiculous trace result!

I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
Last edited by dda550 on Jul 22, 2015, 3:07:36 AM
If anyone connected to Singapore gateway at 21:00 GMT+8 onwards, you will experience massive connection spike and instance will keep redirecting you to other gateway instead of default chosen Singapore.

This sucks, particulary from an official company hosted game.

Lets face it, Path of Exile name has stained and it's reputation on par with loads of garbage in Garena. Customer service like a**holes working without rest and the game has no population, you will find yourself roaming in Silent Hill. So, don't expect any SEA or any near regions to connect to Garena to play PoE.

Love,
Bunny
"
If anyone connected to Singapore gateway at 21:00 GMT+8 onwards, you will experience massive connection spike and instance will keep redirecting you to other gateway instead of default chosen Singapore.

This sucks, particulary from an official company hosted game.

Lets face it, Path of Exile name has stained and it's reputation on par with loads of garbage in Garena. Customer service like a**holes working without rest and the game has no population, you will find yourself roaming in Silent Hill. So, don't expect any SEA or any near regions to connect to Garena to play PoE.

Love,
Bunny

I experience this too after 21:00 , the spikes and flatlines had made me change gateway to aus

for sometime i wish there will be latency of garena's version + the gameplay/player here
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Softlayer has others data centers like Hong Kong or Tokyo.

I'm done with Singapore gateway.

GGG please remove Singapore and set data center at HK or Tokyo, please!

Link: http://www.softlayer.com/data-centers

+1, please add Singapore server capacity.

It is bloody annoying to be suddenly mapping at 300ms on AU gateway, when you were cruising along at 20-30 right before.
Yeah, I can live with HK gateway too.

But chances are, we wont get it, since HK players are most likely playing on TW's Garena now, despite the game in traditional chinese.

GGG ignored a big thread on this topic before, they certainly wont mind ignoring another and keep treating SG players like some unwanted second-rate foreigners despite our payment goes through without trouble.
Last edited by AratemusoAkiyo on Jul 22, 2015, 10:03:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info