Beta Poll Nov 26 (0.9.3h) - Monster Auras

Which monster aura is the most fun and interesting to play agaisnt?

Increased Speed
5638.36%
Increased Accuracy and Crits
53.42%
Large Damage Increase
64.11%
Medium Damage Increase
21.37%
Life Regeneration
1711.64%
Elemental Damage Reflection
2114.38%
Physical Damage Reflection
128.22%
Resistances
64.11%
Energy Shield
2114.38%
Suggestion for aura: Draught - Unable to use potions while within this monster aura.

Or in general, aura's that harm the player instead of buffing the enemies.
Last edited by Scully on Nov 28, 2011, 2:24:09 AM
Voted for life regeneration.
"
chamba wrote:
Monster "accuracy and crit". Hardly feels its there. Monsters with this aura are easy. I get the fulfilment of their kill and I feel overpowered.

so true, this type needs to be buffed a lot more, something to a more perceivable ratio would do quite fine.

Also leech types are hardly leech life, so that i really dont feel like they are sucking my blood out of the body, giving them a higher ratio will represent its name better.

And for feedbacks of the folks here, very few people will tell truly that even if they come across with challenging types of mobs they'd enjoyed, for the rest, will not suit one's book.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Nov 28, 2011, 8:36:04 AM
"
Scully wrote:
Suggestion for aura: Draught - Unable to use potions while within this monster aura.

Or in general, aura's that harm the player instead of buffing the enemies.

If you have monster aura suggestions, please post in this thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12744

OT: Physical Reflection Aura, since you have to be very careful and actually have to find a way in to kill the boss mob without getting too much damage (at least in Ruthless +).
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
I voted for Reflect, as that's really the only thing that keeps me on my toes as an Ice/temporal/summoner witch.
Great feedback, everyone. I'm a little surprised at how increased move speed has dominated the poll but I can certainly see why. It seems that people enjoy how +move speed changes up the tactics that enemies use in a way that the other auras really don't.
Forum Sheriff
Move Speed is the only physical, natural gameplay change here. Everything else is statistics with monsters otherwise behaving identically to the base version.
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Great feedback, everyone. I'm a little surprised at how increased move speed has dominated the poll but I can certainly see why. It seems that people enjoy how +move speed changes up the tactics that enemies use in a way that the other auras really don't.

That probibly due to the fact that they are difficult to out run most of the time so your forced to deal with them =)
"
konfeta wrote:
Move Speed is the only physical, natural gameplay change here. Everything else is statistics with monsters otherwise behaving identically to the base version.

Now this gives me some sadistic ideas for monster auras...

"Nearby allies gain the Ice Spear skill (damage based on monster effectiveness/character level)"
"Nearby enemies (read: you) lose accuracy/critical strike chance"
"Nearby enemies lose movement speed and stun resistance (read: lower thresholds)"
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Increased Speed of course.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
As Melee, Physical resist/reflect does force me to play very differently, as does Fire resist/reflect, given my tendency as an Elemental Templar to use Infernal Blow.

Combining those two made for a rough fight and a trip to town to change gems before I could make progress.

Also as melee, Increased Attack Speed on a swarm of allies can really mess you up as you get stunlocked into being unable to perform melee range moves and have to thin out the pack with things like Ground Slam, I have no idea what Axe and Sword Melee would do in that situation, but it certainly forces a playstyle change.

I like the idea of changing monster abilities with auras. Granting archers an additional melee attack would be a very nasty surprise as a Melee who tends to try and finish them off first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info