Path of Exile 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes

After all, so far the new patch just brought nerf after nerf and destroyd numerous builds. Whatever GGG intended by this only they know (or maybe they just don't . . .) As long as they don't rebalance the damn game, take back those ludicrous life leech changes (seriously, life leech is damn worthless now) and reinstate the playability of my characters, I am out of this game.
It used to be fun when I started, but it just got less and less interesting with every update. Instead of improving the game all I read when going through the patch nodes is REDUCED, CHANGED (mostly for the worse) or simply TAKEN OUT, while the game got more and more disbalanced.

All in all it seems to me as if GGG are strongly aiming at turning the game into one that is only meant for the elite players. (by the way I watched a channel on Youtube, where poe was said to be the best free to play rpg, that was 2014 though and a lot changed till then and not to the better)

And apart from that, the game performance is STILL CRAP, and the system of loading instances is ridiculous ("unable to mapview" and so on ...)

So long GGG
Last edited by sv3390 on Jul 15, 2015, 12:32:42 PM
"
There are some mistakes in the patch notes, I've bolded them and added my comments along side them in brackets:

Changes to World Areas:
The Chamber of Sins Level 2 has been replaced by the Chamber of Sins Level 3 (You replaced level 2 with level 3, what?). Its Waypoint is now at the start of the new Chamber of Sins Level 2.

The Dread Thicket is now attached to the Northern Forest rather than the Wetlands. The Dread Thicket is now always 50% (50% ??? The sentence ended prematurely).

Map Balance:
Plummeting Ursae now spawn in maps. Sometimes above maps. (What do you mean, above maps?)

Life and Mana Flask Rebalance:
Hailrake will now always drops a life or mana flask.

Skill and Support Gem Rebalance:
Cold Snap: Quality now instead increases area of effect by 0.5% per 1% ("instead" of?), and no longer affects freeze or chill duration. Critical Strike Chance has been increased from 4% to 5%.

(I feel the 2 issues below should be listed under General Bug Fixes, instead of visual bugs)
Fixes to Visual Bugs:
Information on item drop probabilities can no longer be data-mined.

Fixed a calculation issue with the estimation of Armour against Projectile Attacks on the character screen.
Just want to bring these back to your attention GGG.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Did I miss something in the patch notes?
Seems like my rejuvenation totem isn't cast any more by CWDT, although it still IS a spell...

gem level requirement matches the CWDT-limit so this can't be the problem.
Anyone knows, what is going on?
"
Chris wrote:
Path of Exile Version 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes

Detonate Dead: Radius of the explosion increased by 12.5% (from 16 to 18).

Were can read full patch notes with all changes ? like
about Detonate Dead -33% damage, now 6% of the corpse's maximum Life in 1.3 its 8%
and other skills like totem u dont write so many numbers
Last edited by AISBERG on Jul 16, 2015, 1:54:37 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Item Balance:
The overall drop rate of Unique Items has been increased.

Looking at the current market that doesn't seem to be true at all, at least for lower tier uniques. It even seems like that most of the t1 uniques are easier to get than t2 or even t3 uniques. For example there are way more Mjölner's or Windripper's on the market right now than Rat's Nest's or Divinarius'. So it's either bugged or GGG didn't tell us the whole truth.

"
dEus__ wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Item Balance:

Looking at the current market that doesn't seem to be true at all, at least for lower tier uniques. It even seems like that most of the t1 uniques are easier to get than t2 or even t3 uniques. For example there are way more Mjölner's or Windripper's on the market right now than Rat's Nest's or Divinarius'. So it's either bugged or GGG didn't tell us the whole truth.

They did not state that the drop rate of each unique item was increased, they only said that "unique items" spawn more often, which they likely do.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
sv3390 wrote:
After all, so far the new patch just brought nerf after nerf and destroyd numerous builds. Whatever GGG intended by this only they know (or maybe they just don't . . .) As long as they don't rebalance the damn game, take back those ludicrous life leech changes (seriously, life leech is damn worthless now) and reinstate the playability of my characters, I am out of this game.
It used to be fun when I started, but it just got less and less interesting with every update. Instead of improving the game all I read when going through the patch nodes is REDUCED, CHANGED (mostly for the worse) or simply TAKEN OUT, while the game got more and more disbalanced.

All in all it seems to me as if GGG are strongly aiming at turning the game into one that is only meant for the elite players. (by the way I watched a channel on Youtube, where poe was said to be the best free to play rpg, that was 2014 though and a lot changed till then and not to the better)

And apart from that, the game performance is STILL CRAP, and the system of loading instances is ridiculous ("unable to mapview" and so on ...)

So long GGG

Agree. As long as you have elite gears, you can survive. Yes, barely. Anywhere lower, good luck.
My character used to withstand level 75 maps but now, I easily die in 71 maps. And Malachai on Cruel kills me 1 hit. If this is what they meant by "rebalancing", there's no way they would attract new players.
The abyss between the old (rich) and new (poor) players have been broaden even more!
Nerf the xp gain; nerf the drops; the rich already have lvl21 gem from everything. Now it's impossible to catch up with those guys. Good idea. Just like the RL economy.. gosh...

Act 4 is nice and amusing, new gems are cool but why this stupid nerfs? I can't understand. I think about quitting too.
"
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Item Balance:

They did not state that the drop rate of each unique item was increased, they only said that "unique items" spawn more often, which they likely do.

Yeah all the new low level unique items drop like flies surprisingly. But most of the "old" unique items went up at least one tier. There's not even a single mightflay on poe.trade right now.
So Flicker Striker Crit dagger shadow is now unplayable?

1. Leech rate lowered

2. Crit nerfed

3. Blood Rage no longer chaos dmg. So CI useless for blood rage?

4. Frenzy charges nerfed?

So i can delete my character?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info