Suggestion Compilation

Good list!

I'd also suggest splitting up the Trade chat into multiple chat channels, something like this:

Orb Trading
Gem Trading
Low level (1-29) Equipment Trading
Mid level (30-49) Equipment Trading
High level (50+) Equipment Trading

Should make it a lot easier to get what you need. This might require a serious overhaul of the chat interface, though, since the '$' modifier now becomes ambiguous.
Last edited by jantjeuh on Feb 13, 2013, 6:25:07 AM
Only thing I can come up with, that isn't on the list. Is Minion AI, we could really use some toggle sort of Aggressive/Defensive/Passive. More advanced would imo also be awesome, set different minions to behave based on their settings. Such as Attack Nearest enemey to player/minion, attack players target and more could be added in Options. This would greatly improve survival for summoners and have them rely alot less on odd decision for minions :p

Kinda annoying having half of the zombies stand still while the rest follow you around because you have to dodge incoming attacks.
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
"Character selection menu" option upon using exit, for menu selection. Something very basic, but much needed.
The rest are very good suggestions, but I believe the combination of all would create a cluttered gameplay. Unless each and every one comes with on/off option and only some are enabled by default.
About evasion now: Melee attacks have a chance to be evaded. Spells do not, apart a couple of uniques, which grant such mods. This mod suffix should be added to more (and I mean many) rare items, the same way "evasion" is added to shields, armours, gloves and boots. Max magic evasion should be capped at 75%, with the possibility of finding +magic evasion and +magic evasion flasks. At the same time, a new stat could be introduced. for melee characters, it could be called "concentration" and for magic characters it could be called "focus". This stat should:
a) Be based on the character's main attribute (intelligence for witch, strength for maraduers and so on).
d) Further amplified by gear affixes.
e) Also synergize with spell and support gems
Final chance of an attacker to hit should depend on the previous, synergizing with the opponent's evasion and magic evasion rating and also depend on the opponent's HP and ES (like melee / evasion already works now).
Additional % of "concentatrion" and "focus" of an attacker should add to his "chance to hit" and "chance to hit with magic" stats.
id add a toggle UI option: show helm
although the graphics are decent, there are some really bad helm designs, id mention here the nazy army casque, the miner nut shell helm and the medieval peasant leather cap with two bracers.
IGN:MuaddDibb
I wouldn't mind a WoW style looting, party or no party.

Currently this bugs me:
After hitting a boss pinjata there's like 20 items on the floor,
and I play with "show items all the time". The tags won't update or move once you pick some stuff up, unless you toggle the "show" key on/off, which will rearrange the names again.

I can't tell you how many rares I already missed simply because my guy keeps running up and around all over the place when I click the item tag. It's really clumsy and also confusing during combat.

Having items in a 3 column set white, blue, rare and unique (sorted with rares on top) would be really nice. Just mouse over to check it out, click to loot if the item is in the same screen/view.

If you're in a party, greed/need/pass icons apply. Optional ofc.
I'd rather have that system than being a melee up front running between mobs and loot, while casters in the back chill and steal my stuff.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on Feb 13, 2013, 8:36:25 AM
Hi! We have a similar sticky already, but its goal is more to help new players to know what has already been suggested a billion times rather than to present new, original suggestions to the devs.
That said, I like some of your suggestions. Particularly I think it'd be cool to see shrines return, and dueling should make its way into the game as well. Check the sticky for any overlap and adjust accordingly, that'd be a huge favor to me.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36080

When you've gone through this I'll see about adding some of the best (and most general) of these suggestions to the sticky and getting dev responses to a few of them if possible. Thanks!
reduce the chaos resistance penalty when advancing difficulties. If its meant to make you go Chaos - arghhh! then fair dos... but it can be a real pain in the arse that i think is just a bit too much! Why?

Chaos resistance penalty is currently on par with the other resistances penalties but:

There are 4 nodes on the skill tree that boost chaos resistance. Compare this to other resistance which is like 12 or more All resistance boosts and many many single resistance boosts.

Chaos resistance is not affected by all resistance so you have to get single stat rolls on your gear. Not only is this tough to get on gear thats usable, but you need it on multiple bits of gear.

There are no spells, like purity for other resistances that will help you.

It makes CI EVEN more powerful

It damages build diversity. You cant really have a high ES with low life WITHOUT going CI because you will get slaughtered by Chaos mobs.

I think a much fairer and manageable penalty would be -15% per difficulty.

But there are bound to be some hardcorers that slaughter me for my opinion, saying "HARDER HARDER HARDER!, get back to d3 if you cant hack it" bla bla bla.

1) Label player indicators on the minimap
Agreed.

2) Add directional indicators for party members outside the visible minimap
Agreed.

3) Always show the player icons of your party, gray out players who are not in the same zone

Good suggestion

4) Combine Required Level with Item Level
I'm not sure this would be compatible with the way things are right now, and when items are made rare or magic, often the level required to wield the item is increased. Don't get attached to this idea.

5) I love implicit mods, add more e.g. some rolled movespeed on boots
Common suggestion recently, but I think this is not necessary.

6) Diablo 2 style Golems, Skeletal Archers, Werewolf/bear/panther skills, small nerf to auras
There are loads of summoning options already and I'm positive there will be more before the end of OB.

7) Diablo 2 style Shrines
Agreed, that would be very fun!

8) A broad purpose gem sink for 0 quality gems
This has been suggested since the dawn of time. Fact of the matter is that non-quality gems are useless. This keeps people from just farming hillock for an easy gem and then sinking it.

9) A separate bind just for movement
Aside from the skillbind option? I think this is possible one day, but not a priority item for most.

10) Overhead name for party members (toggleable)
Could be useful, very common suggestion though.

11) Overhead health/shield bars for enemies/summons (toggleable)
No opinion.

12) Popup numbers for damage dealt and health lost/regenerated (toggleable)
FCN are probably for an expansion.

13) Custom/moderated/private/guild chat channels
Probably will come when guilds are added.

14) Allow scaling of chat window (this might be harder than it sounds)
Harder than it sounds.

15) Allow a little more zoomout
Impossible, sorry.

16) Allow the TAB minimap to zoom out or increase the arrow movespeed
The minimap will one day be improved.

17) Unsure on this, but maybe allow players to see what teammates have explored
I don't think this is needed.

18) Allow the party leader to set the party player cap below 6
Enhanced party options sound nice. I expect them to come one day. Keep in mind that it could be next week or years from now.

19) Allow us to inspect/view the gear on other players ingame or from the website (toggleable for private players)
Absolutely not going to be a feature due to players wanting to keep their builds private.

20) Consider improving trade with a forum item filter, like this one: http://poe.xyz.is/
Trade Tabs and trading via forum will one day be introduced.

21) Change Regals to act like Alchemy Orbs on blue items, or add a new orb that adds more than 1 property to a magic item
I agree. Regals are so rare but so worthless.

22) Decrease the socket color bias on items a little bit
This would probably be more disastrous than you think.

23) Have a NPC sell lvl 66 maps for 1 chaos so lvl 70+ players don't need to farm lvl 60 content to sustain their mapping (the trick is increased quantity for those wondering)
Never going to happen. I sincerely doubt we'll ever see maps for sale at a vendor, and in the endgame, 1 chaos is chump change for many.

24) Maybe a 1-2 week race league with a cap on character play time, allowing you to play out your time whenever you want over 1-2 weeks
There's been talk of this.

25) Right now players can body block you from loot, the pickup range could be increased to abate this or you could just move through players like in town
Deal with it, lol

26) Allow a FFA or long (20 seconds) timer loot set by the party leader of the created instance, the loot rules don't change once an instance is created

Let the devs sort out loot. I suspect we'll see it tweaked sometime this spring at the latest

27) A more noticeable mouse indicator that can be seen over lots of skill effects
No opinion.

28) An option to reduce skill/effect graphics (toggleable)

One day, maybe.

29) Bring back Diablo 2 style hostile
Would be cool!

30) Guided Arrow/Projectile Active or Support Skill Gem
Anything you can think of I'm sure will one day make it's way into the game.

31) Single Player Pause
I think this isn't going to happen, neither is it necessary

32) Readily visible item level
Agreed. Why this isn't already available is beyond me!

33) Item Glow

Cash shop.

34) Microtransaction to change your player name
Maybe!

35) Set Items
GGG says no, they don't want overpowered sets, and they don't want sets to just be useless collectibles, so they're just letting uniques do the job for them

36) Popup text for evasion, misses, enemy evades, yellow numbers for crit damage (toggleable)
FCN may come one day

37) More cooldown skills to encourage deliberated combat
I'm sure this will happen in the future

38) Automatically Close Map Portals when a new map is activated
Right! I totally agree! It's better for the server load too.

39) Address Combat Visibility

Will probably happen before the end of open beta, I think
as for
35) Set Items
GGG says no, they don't want overpowered sets, and they don't want sets to just be useless collectibles, so they're just letting uniques do the job for them

my suggestion that wont make it op and wont make them useless collectibles:

lets say moon silver material you can get any types (armour,weapons accesories, etc) items form normal to rare or unique. but when you have more than one item made of moon silver it resonates and gives you additional bonus, or some special bonus that only this kind of items give, and maybe you get some special skill/passive when you have all items made of moon silver. any kind of item could be made from low level items to end game items.

additionally some types of itemes could compliment or enhance each other or vise verse be uncompatible and lower some stats.

you wouldn't need to find a specific item with same stats like in traditional set items. but it would give added value if you collect same material (or any other indicator) orbs could even be made that would reforge in diferent materials.

like in the eg moon silver.

lets say you found an armour and later on you found gloves made from the same material. you get lets say 2-4% (any other value that would be balanced) acc if you get a third you get 3-6% etc.
if you have all items (or a certain number) you could get some skill not available anywhere else.

for the different materials supplementing each other could be like this: ruby ring give fire res, saphire gives you cold, topaz amulet givez you lightning if you get all three different you get some res all bonus as they resonate and complete each other and are now in tune.

some varions could give even chaos res, some variations could boost one stats and deminish others, etc.

this would make a lot of additional posibilities and something additional to aim for and the sets machanic that quite some players would like to see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info