[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au









A dual wielding build that strikes groups of enemies with devastating critical AoE cold damage from Ice Crash, that both freezes and chills.

The build is centred around using Doryani's Catalyst for superior elemental capabilities as well as elemental life leech, and the combination of Bino's Kitchen Knife and Snakebite gloves to inflict poison on our enemies and to regenerate life as a result.



This combination of strong offence with high critical AoE damage and superior defence of high life regen allows for very aggressive gameplay.

The very fast paced style utilises flicker strike as a means to close in on enemies, removing the danger of having to chase and opening yourself to attack. The flicker is connected to Splash-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark to automatically curse enemies and maintain the fast flowing nature without the need to stop and cast anything.

Defence comes in the form of Daresso's Defiance to produce Endurance charges that feeds cwdt-IC. Acrobatics and Phase are taken to make dodge the primary form of mitigation.

Current Stats

5022 life

194k dps full charges
75k dps unbuffed
529k max solo dps

















Daresso's Defiance RRRBBG

Ice Crash
MPD
WED
Faster Attacks
Critical Strikes
Increased AoE / Conc Effect

Increased AoE will have a lower tooltip but clear speed is improved


Abyssus RRGG

Whirling Blades
Faster Attacks
Fortify
Blood Magic


Snakebite RBBG

Flicker
Splash
Curse on Hit
Assassin's Mark


Boots BGGG

Hatred
Herald of Ice
Mana Leech
Enlighten


Bino's Kitchen Knife RRG

Ice Golem
CwDT (3)
Immortal Call (5)


Snakebite RGG

Blood Rage
Enhance
Increased Duration







Current 113 point Tree









77 Shipyard
76 Arid Lake







Ice Crash
Ice crash is the most versatile melee attack of the moment. The fact that it only uses the main hand allows for plenty of build customisation when using a "stat stick" in the offhand.

In this build, i feel that the regenerative powers of the Bino's Kitchen Knife is BiS for survivability, regularly generating 5k life/sec, regardless of the leech changes. The downside is the requirement of poisoning enemies, and therefore snakebites and frenzy generation is necessary.

These are other notable offhand choices:

- Ungil's Gauche for enhancing crit performance
- Ichimonji for mana reservation and increased buff effects
- Prismatic Eclipse for more speed/phys
- Aurumvorax for resistances
- Soul Taker for unlimited attacks and an extra aura
- Callinellus Malleus to chill when you stun
- Lavianga's Wisdom for more AoE radius and damage
- Death's Hand for power charge on stun and unholy might on crit
- Catalyst for even more ele damage and crit chance

Notes:

You can use any sword/mace/sceptre/axe in the main weapon slot. The tree is designed without specific weapon nodes in mind so any of these weapons are viable.

Leeching has been changed so that the leech mod of a weapon is local. So blue sockets in the Prismatic, for example, wont do anything

Changing the offhand from Bino also allows changing the glove slot, giving more possibilities.

Snakebite Gloves

At full frenzy charges, the Snakebite gloves starts poisoning enemies, this unlocks these poison related abilities of Bino's Kitchen Knife:

On killing a Poisoned enemy, nearby enemies are Poisoned
On killing a Poisoned enemy, nearby allies Regenerate Life

A poisoned foe receives 20% extra chaos damage over 2 seconds from the hit that poisoned it. This 20% over 2s is then returned to us as health regen.

The combination of these 2 items gives life regen levels above ???


Flicker Strike or leap slam

I use flicker strike quite extensively.

Aiming for target in the middle of a pack, i quickly FS-Crash. This 1-2 combination of attacks warps me directly into the middle of the pack and immediately unleashes Ice Crash.

I repeat the process straight away onto another target, so that i constantly move around the field, avoiding needing to run and chase enemies, opening myself to attacks.

The flicker is connected to:

Splash
Curse on Hit
Assassin's Mark


This ensures that in every flicker-crash, you'll be dealing maximum crit damage to mobs. This also ensures that you curse bosses.

The other alternative if you don't like flicker is:

RRBB
leap slam
curse on hit
assassin's mark
fortify

you can leap slam into a pack to curse the area with AM, and cast fortify at the same time.


Taste of Hate



This single flask is the best way to deal with both physical and elemental reflect.

This flask converts 30% of physical damage to cold damage.

Raising maximum cold resistance by 10% is the same as reducing incoming cold damage by 40%.


Levelling Guide



Some ammendments to this levelling guide:

- I drop all frenzy charges from the tree to ensure i poison efficiently.
- I use 2 nodes to take mana flows under the duelist start, this helps mana problems.

Sol Barb

Here is what it looks like with the best 1h crash weapon in the game



Same tree, with these items






So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 7, 2015, 5:22:45 AM
[Reserved]
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 15, 2015, 5:58:00 AM
[RESERVED]
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
You have a little mistake/predicament.

Ice Crash and Leap Slam both use the main handed weapon. Leap Slam uses Axe/Sword/Mace/Staff. You can't get Fortify unless you move your Catalyst to your main hand, which then decreases Ice Crash's consistency/DPS quite a lot...

Any Explanation?
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Jul 9, 2015, 11:46:48 PM
"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
You have a little mistake/predicament.

Ice Crash and Leap Slam both use the main handed weapon. Leap Slam uses Axe/Sword/Mace/Staff. You can't get Fortify unless you move your Catalyst to your main hand, which then decreases Ice Crash's consistency/DPS quite a lot...

Any Explanation?


ice crash can only use the mace anyway. Its is fully intended that the Catalyst is in the main hand.

The catalyst is actually very powerful to use with ice crash. The added ele damage and ele life leech sets this weapon apart from the rest, and for the price, nothing beats it.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
You have a little mistake/predicament.

Ice Crash and Leap Slam both use the main handed weapon. Leap Slam uses Axe/Sword/Mace/Staff. You can't get Fortify unless you move your Catalyst to your main hand, which then decreases Ice Crash's consistency/DPS quite a lot...

Any Explanation?


ice crash can only use the mace anyway. Its is fully intended that the Catalyst is in the main hand.

The catalyst is actually very powerful to use with ice crash. The added ele damage and ele life leech sets this weapon apart from the rest, and for the price, nothing beats it.

Ohhh. I did not see that about Ice Crash. Woops. Thanks.
man the trees does not work only coming up with couple of points on it for me
"
sniperhood wrote:
man the trees does not work only coming up with couple of points on it for me


You can only see after patch.

To see it now, click here:

beta tree
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
ahh cheers man ty good job on keeping up all the builds i usually only play melee in poe
"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:
"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
You have a little mistake/predicament.

Ice Crash and Leap Slam both use the main handed weapon. Leap Slam uses Axe/Sword/Mace/Staff. You can't get Fortify unless you move your Catalyst to your main hand, which then decreases Ice Crash's consistency/DPS quite a lot...

Any Explanation?


ice crash can only use the mace anyway. Its is fully intended that the Catalyst is in the main hand.

The catalyst is actually very powerful to use with ice crash. The added ele damage and ele life leech sets this weapon apart from the rest, and for the price, nothing beats it.

Ohhh. I did not see that about Ice Crash. Woops. Thanks.


Ice crash used swords, maces, axes, staves and unarmed in the beta, have they changed it for release?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info