[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

Managed a quick screen.

I'll update the build tonight!

pic taken fully buffed with a lvl 11 ice crash

Using:

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 11, 2015, 4:22:05 AM
Gear
Spoiler

Swapping AoE for Conc of course. I'll wait for hypothermia to be tested more before swapping to it. It helps mana problems, but the consistancy of it's bonus damage is sometimes questionable. 5490 hp, and since I got rid of Warlord's + Doedre's for Enduring, I have a little less Leech, and had to grab the 2/3 Mana Leech nodes. The second ring allowed me to save 4 points in Resistance nodes, and INT nodes for the 6th Frenzy, and the Mana Leech. It's alright for 3+ mobs, but the last mana leech node seems to be needed to be more fail-safe.

Defense: Enduring Cry, then "animation cancel" into Whirling Blades. This grants you 3 Endurance Charges at the outside of a pack, and Whirling Blades grants you Fortify by the time you enter the center.

It doesn't require you to get 3 kills, and it doesn't consume 3 charges when hit for lower than your CWDT, however you DO need one action bar slot, and to actually press the button. I still have to grab the Evasion Per Endurance Jewel slot, Fencing, and the Scion Wheel, but the likelyhood of me getting level 100 to get ALL of that is insanely low.

Thanks for the build, I'll be keeping track with your changes to see what ideas I can throw around with mine at a later date, to solve a couple of the smaller issues I have now.
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Jul 11, 2015, 6:19:32 AM
That is awesome. Thank you very much. You know exactly what you want and how to extract it.

Please post your gear and tree when you have reached your goals, i will add your variant to the guide.

I like the EC-WB technique
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 11, 2015, 6:41:29 AM
Hey again fiqst... sry to bother you again... just wondering if i can use the beta tree for my build now? will you change something on the tree tonight or can i just use it as it is?

Thanks man, as always.. best builds
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
the beta and the other one are the same :)
Ah oke, thanks man, will go on and try the build
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
tree atm

The only issue is with Mana. 64 mana per cast is just insane. But it ABSOLUTELY makes up for it in the end. If I can manage to solve this issue, it'll be finished. I'm just not sure it can be solved.

Since it seems base critical strike on our weapons got nerfed, my crit is down about 6%, so the Fencing node would only give 2.4% back. Over-all, not worth the 3 points anymore.

Any tips on keeping up that mana? It forces you into a Vaal Clarity for single targets, which in some cases, it isn't worth using because the boss is soon.

As of now, I've swapped Faster Attacks for Hypothermia. The mana cost is just too damn high. :p

____________Update: Found a windRIPper, with almost minimum rolls, sold it, got
and

I think mana problems should be good to go now, and take off 1 INT node for a Jewel one now.

This is an insanely expensive build at this point. :D
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Jul 11, 2015, 9:53:59 AM
Hi fiqst i wanted to ask what build can you recommed for a newbie that started at 2.0
your Cyclonus" Crit Cyclone, Crusader" Critical 2H Sword Ice Crash or Neptune's Exemplar.
I rly cant decide which one to go i wanted to go cyclone but it isnt updated yet.
Im trying to not get any weopen notes because i cant decide ;)
I hope anyone or you could help me ty.
"
wahts wrote:
Hi fiqst i wanted to ask what build can you recommed for a newbie that started at 2.0
your Cyclonus" Crit Cyclone, Crusader" Critical 2H Sword Ice Crash or Neptune's Exemplar.
I rly cant decide which one to go i wanted to go cyclone but it isnt updated yet.
Im trying to not get any weopen notes because i cant decide ;)
I hope anyone or you could help me ty.

i'd go crusader

it has easy levelling, its open to any 2h weapon up to level 60 or so, and you don't need to take a single crit node for 100 points
ok did some quick testing.

HoI + Ice Bite doesn't work properly. I need some more input on this but i find it very unreliable in generating frenzy charges.

Swapped back to HoA and the clear speed is much better. Because of the massive damage per hit, the overkill is still OP like Vulcan. Also, the fact that you kill without attacking saves mana and builds frenzy for free.

These are the current stats:

Keep in mind that these numbers are what you get as a 5L. The 6th gem, hypothermia, doesn't get calculated

Last edited by fiqst on Jul 11, 2015, 12:03:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info