[2.0] Angryaa's multicurse minion summoner.

edit: changed Curse on Hit spell to Firestorm, and removed Avatar of Fire. I've found with the long cast range and duration of Firestorm that it is a superior Curse on Hit option.
edit: optimized skill tree, fixed leveling spec, added section about weapons in the gear section and what gear to get for Animate Guardian.
edit: fixed passive tree link and set my profile to public

Video introduction: http://youtu.be/LMVK7hpGUng

Video on Revenant nerf: http://youtu.be/mc_pqL9iOYQ

In short: Swap out Lightning Penetration for Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Fit in Wrath or more damage curses.

Watch me live at: http://www.twitch.tv/angryaa

Why Witch and not Scion? This specs primary mode of defense is hybrid, that being ES and HP. Witch has perfect ES nodes at the start of her tree and a bit of mana regen that is useful for maintaining spells. You can still stack tons of jewel slots.

Gear:
Spoiler

You want a +2 minion helm so that your zombies are better tanks.
Bones of Ullr are needed for extra spectres and zombies.
For your weapon get an Aurumvorax unique rapier to get a global resist bonus. If you don't like losing 20% rarity get some on rings/amulet to compensate. If you don't need the resists from Aurumvorax use Ephemeral Edge to gain more energy shield.

The rest of your gear ideally should have high life, energy shield, chaos resist and resists . A 4L on chest is fine for spectres, but a 5l or even 6l is even better.
Stack Minion Damage jewels in all slots (other useful mods are life/es, minion block and minion life).

At high end gear levels, use a +1 curse amulet or Dodre's Damning for triple curse. You want a Sire of Shards for a free Greater Multiple Projectiles without damage penalty. You lose the benefit of a shield however the clearspeed increased is crazy and you can still easily get over 8k EHP and have triple curse. Instead of Sire, you can use a Midnight Bargain (or at very high gear levels dual wield them). Prioritize Energy Shield over Life if you use Bargain due to 30% of my hp being reserved and you want 60%+ chaos resist.

For your Animate Guardian, use Dying Breath and Leer's Cast to provide powerful auras for you and your minions. Keep him alive by using solid life/resist gear. You might want to avoid movement speed on boots to help keep him from running too far. Use Zahndethus' Cassock for high chaos res and consecrated ground on block. There is no point to running the Guardian without Dying Breath and Leer's Cast.

Endgame Passive Tree:

https://goo.gl/C4ygkg Past this try to get more jewel sockets. Spec into ZO when you have more Energy Shield than life.

You can use the Conqueror's efficiency jewel for a slightly larger mana pool. Buy castable skills that fit your mana pool (low level Flesh offering, level 1 Firestorm etc) or use an Elreon ring, as high level on these skills is not critical. If it really annoys you, spec into nearby skill cost reduction.

Gem links:

5l/6l chest: Raise Spectre + Spell Echo + Minion Damage + Chain + Lesser Multiple Projectiles. 6th Link is Lightning Penetration. You can experiment using Greater Multiple Projectiles instead of Lesser, it seems better in outdoor maps.

If you only have a 4l, use Flame Sentinals from Solaris Temple/Map room and link them to Spell Echo + Minion Damage + Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Revenants need a 5 link to work well.
4l: Raise Zombie + Fortify + Animate Guardian+ Minion Life in a +2 minion helm. Animate Guardian items are kept on log out, just re-summon him by clicking the ground with the skill. If it dies, you lose the items (mine has never died). If you feel your Zombies are tanky enough swap out Fortify for Multistrike and Minion Life for Minion Damage.
4l: Firestorm + Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Enfeeble. Late game add Temporal Chains and Enchance.
4l: Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Enduring Cry.
3l: Discipline + Purity of Elements + Wrath . If you have the spare socket space, its well worth it to link Wrath to Generosity support.
3l: Desecrate + Flesh Offering + Convocation

If you have good gear and feel you have enough damage, you can drop Wrath and run Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Discipline for fantastic defence for you and your minions.

We use Revenants, the new lightning projectile spell Spectre that spawns in the final zones of the game in the Belly of the Beast. For bosses with low or no amounts of adds, swap a Culling Strike or Slower Projectiles instead of Chain.

Bandits: Help Oak in Normal. Kill all in Cruel and kill all in Merciless.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Go dual flame totem.

Here you race to double totem and get your flame on. Your pathing is very close to your final planned build. Run Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice for a significant dps boost. Firestorm is also a great skill for leveling, otherwise whatever twink style of choice but flame totem is the safest and cheapest.

Levels 23 - 38

Focus on life, ignore minion nodes for now as they're largely useless.

Levels 39 - 50

Start working on minion nodes and links permitting, mix them in combination with your flame totems.

51 – 70

Respec out of your flame totems and initial spell damage nodes. Now you can go full summoner! You have double curse, triple auras and a full horde of minions.

Understanding Raise Spectre level mechanics; zone level matters:
Spoiler
The reason why summoning spectres from highest level zones possible is important is that the level of the zone you summon spectres from (in this case Revenants) matters a TON for making sure their hp and damage is good. Revenants from Normal are too low level to progress you through all of Cruel...but Cruel Revenants are strong enough to progress you all through Merciless. You will want to get into Merciless Harvest later to get level 70 Revenants for end-game.

Finally, if you summon Revenant corpses with Desecrate to summon for spectres, the Revenant level is equal to the zone level or the Desecrate corpse level, whichever is lower. This means you should NEVER summon spectres with Desecrate corpses unless you have leveled the gem high enough. For example, if you are in a level 68 zone, but your Desecrate gem summons level 5 corpses, your Spectres will only be level 5 and thus do almost no damage and die in one hit.

To target specific corpses when raising your Revenants, press the Highlight Corpse key (default a).

Finally, minions update their stats as you change gems/items. This means you can summon some corpses, remove spell echo, summon your spectres and then put spell echo back in and your spectres will get spell echo.

My current gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Angryafrican/characters

Last edited by Angryafrican on Sep 14, 2015, 6:48:22 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2016, 6:34:11 PM
Sweet, I was just thinking about making a tri-/quadcurse summoner that somehow incorporates Animate Guardian with a Dying Breath to support, not to do dmg. I assume that's what your Guardian is for, right?

Won't the Guardian die too often without Necro Aegis?

Is CoH even worth it with only 2 curses?

On a related note - how good are the Golems? Is it worth using one, or even all three as a summoner? Could they replace Zombies as meatshields?
Last edited by Quakespeare on Jul 9, 2015, 10:17:10 AM
Incorrect name check:
at Spoiler; Gear, last paragraph :"For your Animate Guardian, use Undying Breath"

its Dying Breath not undying
Any reason you dropped the SRS/minion hybrid?
He didn't drop the SRS/Specre/Minion build. He said in his stream He might even do that build in 2.0 but not 100% sure. Also, His SRS/Minion build will/is updated.
Oh, if you use lightning Spectres, you can't really use Ball Lightning with EE (for CoH).
did you even check his passive tree? He uses Avatar of Fire for this reason.
"
Quakespeare wrote:
Sweet, I was just thinking about making a tri-/quadcurse summoner that somehow incorporates Animate Guardian with a Dying Breath to support, not to do dmg. I assume that's what your Guardian is for, right?

Won't the Guardian die too often without Necro Aegis?

Is CoH even worth it with only 2 curses?

On a related note - how good are the Golems? Is it worth using one, or even all three as a summoner? Could they replace Zombies as meatshields?

Guardian has a huge life pool and if u grab some decent gear for him with leer+dying he shouldnt die

2 curses is only the start later on the aim is getting gloves curse corruption so will be triple curse, also spectres are such crazy good dps atm its worth keeping them as your 5/6link
WHich build is better for starting HC tomorrow? this one or https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297679/page/1
I am so excited for the awakening and being a summoner, I feel like they are in a better spot than ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info