[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Rusherboy wrote:

Spec into crit and wear crit gear.

I have 30k dps with only 5-link at level 79 (34k if I use Iron WIll instead of Fire Pen and 41k with Vaal Haste). I also have 3k life and 2,5k ES.

You aren't talking about just "spec into crit" here. You have a completely different build type. It really has nothing to do at all with this build except that it uses totems. That's just the typical all out crit witch build. Lots of ES, no BM, all crit vs flat dmg. Just saying, it really doesn't apply to this thread much and most people who followed this build/thread would have to spec out of half their tree to do it.
"
damelon wrote:
"
Rusherboy wrote:

Spec into crit and wear crit gear.

I have 30k dps with only 5-link at level 79 (34k if I use Iron WIll instead of Fire Pen and 41k with Vaal Haste). I also have 3k life and 2,5k ES.

You aren't talking about just "spec into crit" here. You have a completely different build type. It really has nothing to do at all with this build except that it uses totems. That's just the typical all out crit witch build. Lots of ES, no BM, all crit vs flat dmg. Just saying, it really doesn't apply to this thread much and most people who followed this build/thread would have to spec out of half their tree to do it.

What do you think about what I wrote below that? Pretty much light crit build for less fire dmg and no Celestial.
Last edited by believers on Jul 25, 2015, 2:19:33 PM
"
believers wrote:

That seems nice, the major difference really is the loss of armour. I'm playing tempest league so that doesn't seem that good for me.
Anyone got a nice crit-tree for HC?
I'm thinking of removing the Celestial circle so you can get the Shaman's Dominion + Annihilation in the early 80's I guess, without losing hp/armor. Thoughts?

Still need som criticism on my current gear. When I get points I'll probably go towards those 2 crit-sections.

Well for hardcore, your gear is defensively good. Speccing out of the Celestial Circle makes sense if you are using the consuming dark as you will miss out on its primary benefits, but not so much if you remain true flame totem. In fact it gets even better if you crit. I think if I was playing hardcore I'd focus a bit more on things like quality gems, added damage mods on gear, etc to up dmg but spec more defensively. I personally don't like any of the nodes after Constitution once you start to acquire good gear. I don't think the added totem placement speed is that important unless you are in a panic situation. That extra duration also becomes sort of pointless if you go with Shaman's Dominion because you will want to re-cast every 4 seconds anyway. Right there that is 7 points. Other than those totem nodes, you lost a 5% life node, +20 str, 24% armor, and 10% all resist. The resits shouldn't matter. You can make up for them with gear easily if you don't have 10% above cap already. Now you lost a little cast speed and some defense, but you can make up for the defense in many other ways. Use 3 points and get Purity of Flesh. This gives you 12% life, 10% chaos resistance (which everyone could use) and +10 strength / Int. You've now increased your life pool, improved your total resists (Assuming you can fix your cap) and lost just a little strength. But you still have 4 points! You can then take Combat Stamina, or 3 Life & Armor nodes. Now you will again increase your armor and life, and maybe regen (Depending on which you go) Unyielding is also viable, but it costs an extra point. If you do go Unyielding though you can re-direct your tree up the left side to get that point back but you do lose that +10 dex node if you are crunched for Dex. Now you still have one point left over, and you can use that any way you like.

Some other things to think about. Depending how you plan to finish out your tree (Crit or whatnot) certain things are trade-offs. Cruel Preparation gives you 5% all resists back, plus 10% life. Shaman's Dominion and Annihilaton are the obvious easy crit nodes to get. Any more than that you might be sacrificing too much defense. But if you have the gear for it, then arcane potency is a choice. I'd also look for a jewel slot just left of Elementalist. Yes it costs 2 points, but you can find a jewel that gives you 10-15% bonus damage in two combos (Projectile, Fire, Spell, Totem) each and then 7% life on top of that. That's an excellent return for 2 nodes. That can also be done at the location below Mind over Matter. But a 3rd jewel starts to take points from other places, especially if you go crit.

Lastly, get a better clear mind jewel. 40% is the lowest it goes, and I constantly see high % ones for almost nothing.

All of that being said... it is all just my opinion and I'm in no means an expert, so take it all with a grain of salt!
Last edited by damelon on Jul 25, 2015, 2:51:57 PM
"
damelon wrote:
"
believers wrote:

That seems nice, the major difference really is the loss of armour. I'm playing tempest league so that doesn't seem that good for me.
Anyone got a nice crit-tree for HC?
I'm thinking of removing the Celestial circle so you can get the Shaman's Dominion + Annihilation in the early 80's I guess, without losing hp/armor. Thoughts?

Still need som criticism on my current gear. When I get points I'll probably go towards those 2 crit-sections.

Well for hardcore, your gear is defensively good. Speccing out of the Celestial Circle makes sense if you are using the consuming dark as you will miss out on its primary benefits, but not so much if you remain true flame totem. In fact it gets even better if you crit. I think if I was playing hardcore I'd focus a bit more on things like quality gems, added damage mods on gear, etc to up dmg but spec more defensively. I personally don't like any of the nodes after Constitution once you start to acquire good gear. I don't think the added totem placement speed is that important unless you are in a panic situation. That extra duration also becomes sort of pointless if you go with Shaman's Dominion because you will want to re-cast every 4 seconds anyway. Right there that is 7 points. Other than those totem nodes, you lost a 5% life node, +20 str, 24% armor, and 10% all resist. The resits shouldn't matter. You can make up for them with gear easily if you don't have 10% above cap already. Now you lost a little cast speed and some defense, but you can make up for the defense in many other ways. Use 3 points and get Purity of Flesh. This gives you 12% life, 10% chaos resistance (which everyone could use) and +10 strength / Int. You've now increased your life pool, improved your total resists (Assuming you can fix your cap) and lost just a little strength. But you still have 4 points! You can then take Combat Stamina, or 3 Life & Armor nodes. Now you will again increase your armor and life, and maybe regen (Depending on which you go) Unyielding is also viable, but it costs an extra point. If you do go Unyielding though you can re-direct your tree up the left side to get that point back but you do lose that +10 dex node if you are crunched for Dex. Now you still have one point left over, and you can use that any way you like.

Some other things to think about. Depending how you plan to finish out your tree (Crit or whatnot) certain things are trade-offs. Cruel Preparation gives you 5% all resists back, plus 10% life. Shaman's Dominion and Annihilaton are the obvious easy crit nodes to get. Any more than that you might be sacrificing too much defense. But if you have the gear for it, then arcane potency is a choice. I'd also look for a jewel slot just left of Elementalist. Yes it costs 2 points, but you can find a jewel that gives you 10-15% bonus damage in two combos (Projectile, Fire, Spell, Totem) each and then 7% life on top of that. That's an excellent return for 2 nodes. That can also be done at the location below Mind over Matter. But a 3rd jewel starts to take points from other places, especially if you go crit.

Lastly, get a better clear mind jewel. 40% is the lowest it goes, and I constantly see high % ones for almost nothing.

All of that being said... it is all just my opinion and I'm in no means an expert, so take it all with a grain of salt!

That's actually some great nods to pick up etc. I'll look into it even more :-)
Ye I'll buy a better jewel if a cheap one comes up, bought this one while lvling and its my first char in this league.

Thx again for the advice dude, if you got spare time I'd love to see a skill tree from you with the semi-crit HC-build! :-)
I'd say if I did a Witch, HC, Semi-Crit it would look like this (Using 2 Jewels) and that also assumes use of the +30 dex node. Even then I am not sure I'd go semi crit in HC because I'd hate to die! I would heavily consider Unyeilding as well! :) Still, based on what you asked for this is what I guess I would do.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBUIGDgelCfYLYQxfDjwQWBDMES0UIBRxFm8ZLho4Gj4cpx8CJbwnLyftKS4rtiycLKcyNDLRNsU62DwtPfxBlkVHRtdJskrETq5TpVXGVw1Y5VnzWiteXV8_Y_1mVGaeaPJxhXIPeuZ8g3y4ffWCB4IQgpuDX4PMg9uD84V7h2WMRozPkFWaO6IAo_KnlK4SrrOvbK-3sTaxQrc-wGbDE8T2xq7Q9dH90iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl82rnbT9-w37_gw-Fz42rr7uw47TzvDvAf8azyQfZI9q74k_rS_go=
Last edited by damelon on Jul 25, 2015, 3:56:59 PM
Hello All. Just wanted to say i have been having a blast with the build. After I was able to get my hands on a consuming darkness i switched up to more of a crit build which was posted earlier by the person with the atziri video. Up till now i have been using

Current Weapons
Spoiler

Last night this dropped for me
Spoiler

My question for you guys is: Is it worth it to keep using the Heartbreaker for culling strike or should i switch over to the sceptre? I can either mastercraft +fire damage or global critical multiplier. Which do you think I should craft on it?

Thank you in advance for your help. Once again loving the builds!
"
Sokaz84 wrote:
Hello All. Just wanted to say i have been having a blast with the build. After I was able to get my hands on a consuming darkness i switched up to more of a crit build which was posted earlier by the person with the atziri video. Up till now i have been using

Current Weapons
Spoiler

Last night this dropped for me
Spoiler

My question for you guys is: Is it worth it to keep using the Heartbreaker for culling strike or should i switch over to the sceptre? I can either mastercraft +fire damage or global critical multiplier. Which do you think I should craft on it?

Thank you in advance for your help. Once again loving the builds!

Mastercraft crit multi and use the sceptre. Heartbreaker is more like a solution for MF builds in group mapping.

---

To the HC crit build discussion I'd like to link my tree again. Level 86 in Tempest running 74 maps atm with ease.

"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
Last edited by Tizid on Jul 25, 2015, 6:18:45 PM
Atziri finally dead... five times in a row! Its not deathless run, most time i died once, but just because of my errors. No Saffell's, i found out more dmg is better for me, as you should not be hit at all, so no need to block anything. Still need tweak some gem swaps during the fight (slower projectiles boost dps big time, but its harder to position totems right, etc).

Still lot of space for improvement, still have my rings from non-crit times. Gem setup is slightly fucked up, i overleveled immortall call by accident... :-)

Fun discussion about crits. I hit 82 so i removed the nods down below constitution and specced into Life & Armour (3 nods) + Shaman's Dominion. Now I need some better gear (the consuming dark + jewels that can uphold capped resistances and give me crit) then I'll probably respec abit more to the crit side. Obviously to Annihilation the next 4 levels.

Current tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBg4HpQn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEZLho4Gj4fAiW8Jy8n7SkuLJwspzI0MtE2xTrYPC09_EVHRtdJskrETq5QR1XGVw1Y5VnzWiteXV8_Y_1mnmjycYVyD3rmeyB8g3y4ffWCB4IQgpuDX4PMg9uD84dljM-QVZo7ogCj8qeUrY2uEq9sr7exNrFCtz7AZsMTxPbGrs9-0f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzaudtP37Dfv-DD4XPr7uw47TzvDvAf8azyQfZI9q74k_4K_oc=?accountName=believers&characterName=Inspecteur
10k dps is likely the far as I can go with a 4 Link at lvl 85 in tempest
. To increase my dps wihtout breakign the bank, I would have to go for crit gear.

IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info