Chaos Innoculation bug - Died with 1/2 ES remaining

During closed beta when I helped with Chamber of sins for example my character lost around 200 life for no reason when I reached the stairs in level 3 that lead to fidel.

I think I experienced similar in Pools and Streams in open beta.
if you look at the image of his "suicide" you can clearly see that all of his flasks are full, except for 1.

He has full ES and almost ZERO mana.

That's a caustic if ever I've seen one.

currently looking at his passive tree, but don't expect to find anything

edit: everything in his passive tree looks okay
Last edited by Josephoenix on Feb 11, 2013, 7:56:27 PM
Am I missing something, why even have life flasks on CI?
"
Rhys wrote:
I can confirm that you have no Caustic flasks on that character. I can't think of a way you could kill yourself with that set up... We would really appreciate it if you can find a reliable way to reproduce the death.

Is there any way to confirm if he actually had one at some point? i.e. he didn't switch it out or sell it?
"
Britannicus wrote:

good point.. however on the image they were full, so i don't believe he used them on that occasion, also, caustic is only on mana flasks... but i see your point :)
"
Josephoenix wrote:

good point.. however on the image they were full, so i don't believe he used them on that occasion, also, caustic is only on mana flasks... but i see your point :)

Maybe he just took CI, and hadn't had time to replace his flasks, and further didn't notice he had a caustic.
"
Britannicus wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:

Maybe he just took CI, and hadn't had time to replace his flasks, and further didn't notice he had a caustic.

that's what I am hoping Rhys can tell us. OP isn't saying anything :)
"
Britannicus wrote:

Recently CI and hadn't managed to roll some needed affixes on other flask types yet?
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
All that dead character's flasks are white (no mods) except for the Ample Quicksilver flask. He has no Caustic flasks in his stash or inventory, nor on any other characters. He doesn't have the Blood Magic passive and doesn't have any Blood Magic support gems either.

It's possible he had them earlier then dropped/traded/sold/got rid of them before now, I guess.
Code warrior
Would be nice if people would stop assuming it's a flask since his flasks were full and he said he has no caustic flask and the developer said he has no caustic flask and he would notice that he died immediately upon pressing a flask hotkey on the 3 occasions and would have mentioned it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info