Consistent ways to farm currency in standard?

So i've been playing for quite a while and i've done pretty well for myself, i've acquired some late game gear like 6l's, mjolner etc. One thing i always noticed was a lack of consistency, while that's kind of a given considering this is a RNG driven game, i notice that a lot of players tend to find more or less consistent ways to make an exalt or two a day easily. Maybe it's only possible in challenge leagues with more fluid economies but as it stands i'm playing in standard. What consistent methods of currency farming have you guys found? I've tried a few things, but most are either very luck driven or simply not profitable.
Shop: /978503
If you have been able to acquire enough currency to get a 6l and a mijoner then u have more gear then the majority.

Before asking without sharing your trick, i suggest you tell us what is your secret to egt a 6l and a mij + 1_2 EX A day.

Fair?
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
If you have been able to acquire enough currency to get a 6l and a mijoner then u have more gear then the majority.

Before asking without sharing your trick, i suggest you tell us what is your secret to egt a 6l and a mij + 1_2 EX A day.

Fair?

Sure, my 6l was acquired by trading a soul taker that dropped for me about a year ago, back then it was worth much more, eventually the currency i got from selling it turned into a 6l lightning coil. I later chanced another soul taker (crazy i know) and sold it for around 30ex, i then traded about a years worth of random currency and got to a total of about 55ex, another month or so of mapping got me to 60ex at which point i bought the Mjolner. As you can see my experience has been extremely inconsistent, sometimes i go months and only make a couple exalts, and other times i stumble on dozens. Right now i'm grinding towards a voll's devotion, it's been about 2 weeks and i've made about 7ex, with some currency i had left over, i'm up to 21 pure. If i could make even 1/3rd of an ex an hour it would change my entire experience.
Sell that Mjolner to me and get instant exalt.

Also, I know a way to farm 1 or 2 exalt per day. Just take a look at my character.

Endless dominus run, maps, buying sac pieces for 1 chaos each then run them for midnight, resell at 7 chaos each etc... All are easy.
Last edited by camapngu133 on Jul 4, 2015, 2:39:27 AM
"
camapngu133 wrote:

buying sac pieces for 1 chaos each then run them for midnight, resell at 7 chaos each etc... All are easy.

How consistent is this method? Let's say i bought like 20, would i have any significant chance of losing currency?
"
MAXIMUMPOTATO wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

buying sac pieces for 1 chaos each then run them for midnight, resell at 7 chaos each etc... All are easy.

How consistent is this method? Let's say i bought like 20, would i have any significant chance of losing currency?

I have tested it for a few days with 12 sac pieces I gain from Atziri Vault. For 1 sac piece I gained at least 3 to 4 other pieces. Sometime it ended up with Vaal gems, sometime with midnight. Long story short I gained 7 Midnights and sold them for 49 chaos in total. So that's is 37 chaos profit, not mention all the alteration and currency drop from mob and bosses.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
MAXIMUMPOTATO wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

For 1 sac piece I gained at least 3 to 4 other pieces. .

What do you mean by this? how do you get more than 1?
"
MAXIMUMPOTATO wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

You can spend 1ex getting 30 sac pieces, and get a couple of Midnights back. The real currency comes from the Alts/Chromes/Chaos that drop during the runs - plus the Carto boxes which you can corrupt for more chances at frags/currency.

I buy 30:1ex Sac pieces, and generally end up with a Mortal set per 2ex spent, plus the extra currency involved.

The most interesting part about it is the variety in maps/instances to run - you don't get locked into specific maps or Boss farming because the random nature of the drops keeps the variety going.

You can sell the Mortal sets for 7/8ex each, or run them for 78 maps(2:1ex sold)/Uber drops (Get Rich Quick button if Acuities drop), or farm your sets our to a Mortal running service for potential profit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
MAXIMUMPOTATO wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

You can spend 1ex getting 30 sac pieces, and get a couple of Midnights back. The real currency comes from the Alts/Chromes/Chaos that drop during the runs - plus the Carto boxes which you can corrupt for more chances at frags/currency.

I buy 30:1ex Sac pieces, and generally end up with a Mortal set per 2ex spent, plus the extra currency involved.

The most interesting part about it is the variety in maps/instances to run - you don't get locked into specific maps or Boss farming because the random nature of the drops keeps the variety going.

You can sell the Mortal sets for 7/8ex each, or run them for 78 maps(2:1ex sold)/Uber drops (Get Rich Quick button if Acuities drop), or farm your sets our to a Mortal running service for potential profit.

Alright so essentially you just buy pieces for 1c and run, then sell or run midnights?
Pretty much.

If the market ever opens for incomplete Mortal Sets, I'll be able to retire.

Hard to get bulk sac frags for 1c though, lots of sitting around waiting on small sales. 30:1ex is pretty good if you're more inclined to kill shit than wait and sit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jul 4, 2015, 3:02:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info