Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

Why do a wipe when the last content is introduced? It means everyone has 4 weekdays to get a fresh char to Act 4 and test the final content? Imo it would be better to keep our chars so we could test the new content right away.
"
Globby wrote:
Chris, could you please clarify the wipe situation? Will there be a wipe with the new patch or not?

It does seem weird to have a wipe and only 4 days of testing.

It literally says in the OP that there will be a wipe when the next Beta patch is released.

Standard will never be wiped (unfortunately).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Miathan51 wrote:
Why do a wipe when the last content is introduced? It means everyone has 4 weekdays to get a fresh char to Act 4 and test the final content? Imo it would be better to keep our chars so we could test the new content right away.

GGG has all kinds of play metrics from the Beta, so I'd be willing to bet that they have a pretty good estimation of how much testing they will see in that time.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
MetalheartX wrote:
There will be a wipe in standard leagues? ))

no. never.
Pretty obvious, but I'm gonna say it anyway: not only is this only four days of testing, it's only four working days of testing. Oh well, I was expecting 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 really soon anyway, we can live with that.
I understand the decision made to postpone the patch, but only 4 days of testing while leveling slowed down quite allot idk if that is enough time. Guess we will have to test the new maps drops when 2.0 is released.
chriiiiis !!!!

we need this patch for the WE ><
very sad....thought to have the weekend to test it out. Not that much of time to level to 70+ over the week - so this is the end of CB for me then. Very very sad. :(
Last edited by Zalkortis on Jul 2, 2015, 3:19:41 AM
Chris, can't you atleast add the map drops changes tomorrow so we can test them over the weekend while we have you know... high level characters that can actually run maps...

Or the map drop changes are broken as well...
Last edited by MyH4o on Jul 2, 2015, 3:23:14 AM
Why the panic? Do you guys really think you will stop testing after the release?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info