Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

"
Reinhart wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
make normal difficulty skippable already!

No thank you.

wow, what an argument
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
You guys are trying to speculate on what's right and what's wrong is just non sense. It's beta, regardless if there is 1 wipe before launch or 2, the fact is, coming into the beta you knew this was gonna happen. If you didn't want a "WIPE" then get off beta, play live. The beta is for testing, not only for the items, characters, skill, maps etc, it is also for whats called "Backend" testing. Finally, most things that are written in short code for a game of the caliber is done so in variants. Short coding, to alter coding, to polish coding. If you want to complain about what is or isn't, then lets see you grab a degree, tackle the task GGG is tackling, then see first hand what it is. It's a free game, that you can enjoy, and when the Dev's do something they feel is needed to make "THEIR" game better that "THEY" are letting you enjoy without spending a penny, you gripe moan and complain. Honestly, I feel that if your in beta, you should have the decency to understand, and those that don't should be booted.

Perhaps you might wanna consider that they have a 3 DAY WEEKEND TO INCLUDE THE 4th of July, So you telling them to put their families on hold so you can play some game? Banned, all of you!
"
You guys are trying to speculate on what's right and what's wrong is just non sense. It's beta, regardless if there is 1 wipe before launch or 2, the fact is, coming into the beta you knew this was gonna happen. If you didn't want a "WIPE" then get off beta, play live. The beta is for testing, not only for the items, characters, skill, maps etc, it is also for whats called "Backend" testing. Finally, most things that are written in short code for a game of the caliber is done so in variants. Short coding, to alter coding, to polish coding. If you want to complain about what is or isn't, then lets see you grab a degree, tackle the task GGG is tackling, then see first hand what it is. It's a free game, that you can enjoy, and when the Dev's do something they feel is needed to make "THEIR" game better that "THEY" are letting you enjoy without spending a penny, you gripe moan and complain. Honestly, I feel that if your in beta, you should have the decency to understand, and those that don't should be booted.

Perhaps you might wanna consider that they have a 3 DAY WEEKEND TO INCLUDE THE 4th of July, So you telling them to put their families on hold so you can play some game? Banned, all of you!

What's wrong is bashing people without even reading or comprehending the argument that they are trying to make. It's not about whether or not we want a wipe. It's about the fact that they are adding new content and there will only be 4 days(at best) to test that content before the scheduled release date. For the vast majority of people, that will probably not be anywhere near enough time to test things properly if they DO wipe everything and then we have to level characters up first.

And perhaps YOU might want to consider that GGG is in New Zealand, not the United States, so 4th of July is largely irrelevant to them.
"

like New Zealand cares about 4th july .. the World isnt just about Murica

"
"
Septile wrote:
The wipe is to test progression, given that they're adding a sizable chunk to act 4.

4 days to test an entirely new build from scratch is ridiculous and you know it.

Doesn't really matter; Live has always been a form of Beta anyway.

*nods*

This is very true and something that is easy to forget that technically the game isnt even released yet and is really still just early access.
Why GGG wipe beta 3-4 days before launch?

If the reason is to add and test new maps, alot of players dont have time to reach the level to play the maps.
Im working IRL 2 of the days, so is no way in hell i can do any map testing.
Guys, the statement was simply to gage the respect that everyone should have for each party. Regardless where they are from, the reason for all the post regarding the wipe 4 days before is obsurd. I myself am aware that 4 days is just not enough time for a Majority of the players to test out new content and implementations. However, with this said, I also have the utmost faith that GGG has reasons behind things they are doing. I also would like a little more elaboration from the developers as to why, but only in a time frame that meets a schedule that they can be in tune with. No one is flaming players, or simply bashing them for their statements. However, we all know that all beta's do not go according to schedule. Some release early while others release later than expected. Regardless this is know. Although Chris and the other developers have said that the July 10th is the official launch, does not mean that something will neither prevent nor allow this deadline. Seeing as they have pushed back the current patch, we will just have to see. I have played many years here. I had chris delete my old Account Paininflictor because I was sadly like this previous. Expect so much out of them because of their ability, I flamed them because I thought they could do better. After rejoining and replaying, I have discovered a few things that I hadn't before. And it's simple. They are a team of normal people putting together something that we all can enjoy! Guys, cut them some slack. After all, half of the implementations were suggestions by the community. So they do listen, they do implement, and I am sure chris has taken into the account the 4 days prior to releasing the statement of the patch. All these things packed together, lets support them and continue to make the game stronger, unique, and provide more feedback and understanding as appreciation of what these guys do.

The thing is, the community here is very committed and very connected. Willing to be helpful, and willing to give feedback and that is something that I am sure GGG respects beyond a shadow of a doubt. I have learned my lesson in judging what I have thought they were incapable of, and you guys should let the course play out and support those decisions.
First of all, having publicly committed to the July 10th release date, announced it on so many other media sites, and placed the countdown timers in the game and on the site, they're pretty much stuck with that date now. Barring something nearly catastrophic happening in the next few days, I can't see them deciding to postpone the actual launch now.

Secondly, I'm not trying to flame GGG or anything. I have a great deal of respect for them as well and I also have faith that they will do what they feel is best for the game. This just happens to be one decision they have made which I disagree with and I think I have every right to let them know that I do. I've tried to be respectful in doing so and to give specific reasons why I feel this way. I can also understand that they are in a difficult position with having to delay the patch so close to release and that there may not be a perfect solution here. I hope that our feedback on this might make them reconsider a few things, but either way I'm sure I will continue to support them.
well hopefully they fix the problem since patch 1.0.2 where they higher level mas should be dropping. I get maps to drop but with a spread sheet I did only 16.3% of map drops were higher. pretty hard to increase a pool on those numbers. 1.0.2 was a long time ago to finally try to fix a problem.
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
this is a shitty situation GGG have put themselves in.
they won't postpone the final release, since the countdown timers are active, so that'd make them look stupid.
but there is also no way they'll finishing polishing the game in such a short amount of time.
there will be a lot of bugs, and it will piss off a lot of players.
shame.

delay is always ALWAYS preferable to releasing an unfinished product...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info