Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

For everyone saying that a wipe is needed in order to test the new bosses on all difficulties, you're forgetting one very important thing. Just because people HAVE higher level characters, doesn't mean they can't make new ones. Sure, some will want to keep playing their current characters and go straight to maps. Some others will want to try the new skills anyway and will make a new character. Some might even want to use the beta for its intended purpose of testing stuff rather than just playing normally, plan ahead a little bit, and use the next 4 days to get characters to the early stages of act 4 in each difficulty so they can be ready to test all of it as soon as it is released.

So yeah, at this point, not wiping with this patch might not be ideal, but given how little time will be left, I think it would be the best option.
So... how are you going to test the end-game map drop changes in 4 days? There will be like 50 people running them.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
So... how are you going to test the end-game map drop changes in 4 days? There will be like 50 people running them.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
They run simulations.
"
They run simulations.

Going with that logic why even have a beta?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
They run simulations.

Crash testing mainly I suppose.

Also human choice isn't something simulations can pick up. Things like what items are picked up, what gems are purchased, etc...
"
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
They run simulations.

Crash testing mainly I suppose.

Also human choice isn't something simulations can pick up. Things like what items are picked up, what gems are purchased, etc...

If that were the case why bother having a gap and a wipe before the launch?
"
TheWretch wrote:

Not certain. GGG likely has a good reason behind their decision. Makes little difference in the long run, as there's bound to be things that need patching post launch regardless. Always has been, always will be.
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

Not certain. GGG likely has a good reason behind their decision. Makes little difference in the long run, as there's bound to be things that need patching post launch regardless. Always is, always will be.

Well that's one way to sidestep the question. I wish I had as much faith left in GGG as you seem to have. Don't get me wrong I still love the studio but many of their decisions lately left me scratching my head.
I'm not sidestepping. Truly have no idea.

Have faith. Everything GGG does is for the greater good of the game over the long term as they see it.

They love us, bro. No lie. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info