What is your opinion about new globes?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Personally I think I see too much of women, you cant look anywhere now days without someone trying to hijack your sex drive to manipulate you, oh look shampoo to wash your hair YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX BUY MY SHAMPOO, biscuits, cars, computers, sport... arnt you guys sick of feeling like a horny dog every 5 minutes? The mana women looked cool, theres no need to remove them just because theyre women but theres no reason to require women there either.

this is a thing I cannot quite get regarding globe ladies, they never screamed sex to me, I cant see them as being objectified, at least their slender form was, to me, nothing but beautiful, somehow, for someone who were supposed to be chained, they seemed very peaceful.
I cant imagine anyone other than young teens new to the internet (or someone with a sexual disorder) feeling horny due to those.
as you mentioned there are better places to look out for fap material.

Im reminded of this hehe:
http://imgur.com/gallery/8aDwY
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 1, 2015, 10:45:56 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Gives people something to complain about.

^This, @ OP - I could care less either way.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Raycheetah wrote:
At least they didn't replace them with old men, amirite? =^[.]^=

A grizzled old pirate with a scimitar in mid slash for the right orb, and a rhoa talon gripping the left orb...

The existing UI is elegant. A new UI should be elegant, dramatic, or have some other compelling aspect.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Enslaved/chained sexy ladies? Or a skull and a lion.

Pretty sure the authority on the matter, Anita Sarkeesian, would choose the latter.

GGG made the correct choice.
Well, now that the GUI globes have been updated to a new modern standard of excellence, maybe it's time to look at the place-holder beta minimap? :p
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Disrupted wrote:
I cant see them as being objectified, at least their slender form was, to me, nothing but beautiful, somehow, for someone who were supposed to be chained, they seemed very peaceful.

absolutely, if you want to see 'objectified' women turn on your tv at prime time and watch a commercial break, go take a drive down a high street and look at a few billboards, open up a tabloid news paper, go on to almost any website that has advert banners, all of these things are going to show you things far closer to objectification. Youre going to see objectified men too, which is obviously fine and not a bad thing because you know, equal rights and stuff...

This is presuming you even see these things as objectification, which usually I dont, its just bad taste and attempting to hack your brain and turn on pleasure centers in an attempt to make you form subconscious positive ties and desires for products, basically. Its more of a subconscious assault/manipulation of the opposite sex to the one being shown, thats the real victim, the person displayed on the advert got paid, it was a choice they made to take that job, be in that line of work.
it's not about the tits, people claiming that just have read too much schopenhauer.

game changed in recent years ... definitely for the better. ingame gfx quality got amazing.

the user interface with these aesthetically pleasing, half naked women statues made sure you still looked at poe when you saw images of poe on the internet.

the globe women are for grinding gear games what star sign on every new car is for mercedes, it got kind of a trademark.

i never expect nor will i ever see mercedes getting rid of their star sign when they release a new line of cars. and any adviser suggesting that would be fired or not taken serious anymore.
Last edited by cronus on Jul 2, 2015, 2:59:19 AM
"
they want to do in future and will try to find the time to do the necessary coding/art. They don't have any exact plans or dates for it yet.

ok so we will never see it same as we dont see any trade improvement, no guild achievements, no paid leagues etc etc they were also "want to do in future but no any exact dates"

RIP LADIES.

That sucks.
Aye Aye Captain!
i think the company logo could need an overhaul as well, these rusty wheels stood there for too long. somebody got the analogy?

please refresh the ui and make it a higher quality (borders around the globes and such). but keep the girls. there is a reason many players are against this change: it's identification.
Last edited by cronus on Jul 2, 2015, 3:22:27 AM
"
cronus wrote:
i think the company logo could need an overhaul as well, these rusty wheels stood there for too long. somebody got the analogy?

please refresh the ui and make it a higher quality (borders around the globes and such). but keep the girls. there is a reason many players are against this change: it's identification.

I was watching a show that had a town who's crest looked a little familiar..

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 2, 2015, 3:38:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info