What is your opinion about new globes?

Hey, I already suggested offering naked male alternatives, then it would at least be equal and no longer possibly misogynistic.

(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Hey, I already suggested offering naked male alternatives, then it would at least be equal and no longer possibly misogynistic.

Many people have said this. I even agree it would be better then the current. earlier I suggested lore charecters (I get that that is the spiritual intention of the current ui). But the more I think about it the more it seems like a great thing for GGG to add for some extra cash. This thread alone shows that people would likely pay 200 to 400 points for a ui change (then multiply that by the "silent majority" which does not come onto the forums who may also want a differnt ui), and giving the ability to control it to the user adds another level to their game. that would be something I cant remember from an arpg.

Give out a free one in your next supporter pack tiers, throw the three previews color schemes of the ladies (or add color themes to work with all art, would take work so it does not look choppy, but could be really nice paid feature that follows with the no pay to win philosophy). maybe three new ui themes that vary in cost.

Another option is to allows fans to control their own ui art, I feel like the coding behind that would be harder.

Of course, there is always do nothing but changes on major patchs, requires less work hours on an already busy team, but some people are unhappy, likely a fringe minority even in the grand scheme, I'd say 5ish percent at most of all players are truly un-happy. Also if they added the old ui back, even in a paid fashion, various people from various points of opinon might be unhappy.

I am trying to imagine if they discuss this at all in a meeting what they would talk about. but right now this likely isn't even an issue on their radar
<Removed by support>

"
Caridor wrote:
No reason it should have been changed. It feels like catering to the overly sensitive SJW crowd.
[…]
Edit: Actually, "catering" isn't the right word. A better one would be "yielding", "giving in" or "bowing before the almight SJWs, may their takeover of all media be swift and total."

Ahah, I was we were so almighty lol. But yeah, hopefully we are winning and leaving you nothing and you will die alone and miserable or whatever because GGG changed the UI :P.
"
coldmetal0 wrote:
earlier I suggested lore charecters (I get that that is the spiritual intention of the current ui). But the more I think about it the more it seems like a great thing for GGG to add for some extra cash. This thread alone shows that people would likely pay 200 to 400 points for a ui change (then multiply that by the "silent majority" which does not come onto the forums who may also want a differnt ui), and giving the ability to control it to the user adds another level to their game. that would be something I cant remember from an arpg.

The best suggestion so far imho was to have a UI themed around each possible player character (witch, templar, scion, shadow,…). That would be ace.
BTW, did you actually get the difference between your stepfather and most critics of the UI yet? Or not?
Please remove the chained naked women from the UI, thanks GGG!
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Jul 29, 2015, 10:17:25 AM
"

"
Caridor wrote:
No reason it should have been changed. It feels like catering to the overly sensitive SJW crowd.
[…]
Edit: Actually, "catering" isn't the right word. A better one would be "yielding", "giving in" or "bowing before the almight SJWs, may their takeover of all media be swift and total."

Ahah, I was we were so almighty lol. But yeah, hopefully we are winning and leaving you nothing and you will die alone and miserable or whatever because GGG changed the UI :P.

Please quit trolling.
Whether you're an SJW or not, quit trolling.
"

BTW, did you actually get the difference between your stepfather and most critics of the UI yet? Or not?

like to try to incite arguments much? the answer is there is no difference because the opinions and reasoning are different but the end goal is the same, make something out of nothing and apply control. Just like how you slipped that little tidbit in there.

I've been posting in this thread for a while now, I think like 1/10 or more of my total posts have been in this thread. I'm generating positive ideas, showing my displeasure with the changes, and moving forward. Can you say the same?

after reading some of your posts it almost feels like you are attacking people. Maybe I'm wrong and you are just another innocent caught up in the current. I'm coming on every few days with new input not quoting anyone or consistently trying to dismantle specific peoples opinions.

If you want to truly defend your position maybe coming up with and enlightened and thoughtful explanation on your exact beliefs and the reasoning would be better. I have yet to see anything from you but quoting someone and saying "no you are wrong because." What makes you right?
Last edited by coldmetal0 on Jul 30, 2015, 2:04:08 AM
I prefer the old globes. The skull and the lion are so played out and boring. Just thought I would add my 2 cents and bump this thread.
Bump for the thread. New globes look like a child drew them. An untalented child at that. It's obviously fine to redesign them and implement something new but it should at least look good or follow thematically. New globes fail on both accounts.
I'll be honest I prefered the previous UI globes
The new ones feel sort of generic to me
self bump. don't let thread die.
Aye Aye Captain!
Last edited by jeż on Aug 4, 2015, 5:55:46 AM
after some initial rage i calmed down and tried to arrange myself with the new user interface.

but looking at ingame pictures on imgur or here still urges me to post responses like "which game is that from?" which i don't do because the majority of players obviously don't care about game identity over the ui. or it's just me who puts too much weight on that.

maybe it's really me who is wrong and one day, for whatever reason, rolls royce will get rid of the emily figure or mercedes will replace their the three-pointed star trademark with some moose figure so you can't recognize he brand of the car when you see it on the road.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info