When a new gem is released most of the time ''OMFG IT'S OP''

Well they usually are OP on release but yeah it's either OP or garbage tier according to this community.
the only reason why nobody is whining about ts anymore is because other bow skills got overbuffed. inb4 split arrow whine
"
the only reason why nobody is whining about ts anymore is because other bow skills got overbuffed. inb4 split arrow whine

Second thread in few minutes you whine about whiners. Who's the whiner now?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 1, 2015, 6:59:22 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

Second thread in few minutes you whine about whiners. Who's the whiner now?

uhhhh...... *runs away*
"
Mannoth wrote:
"

I don't disagree, but it just feels *weird* to me, this whole 'normal is stupidly easy' thing. I don't really like it. I'm glad if others do, and I'm glad there are and always will be options out there for people to take the easy route if they so desire.

But Flame Surge tearing through things even without the ignite buff is odd. I'd much rather less base damage but a higher 'more' bonus. I guess. I don't know. If 750 'dps' at mid 20s with found gear is to be expected, then I think GGG have their work cut out for them regarding a lot of other skills.

Except flamesurge aoe is utterly bad for clearing stuff.
Play a random 2h melee char with geofris baptism or shiversting and you can break 1k aoe dps by level 20 amd clear way faster than the clunky flamesurge.

Agree, I tried it in the past with huge AoE, so big It would hit off-screen (kinda weird how it extends, but I guess it makes it unique) and it still felt pretty terrible to play with.
It always felt like it should be stronger, especially with the type of animation, sound and cast speed.

Will see just how bad it is later on temp leagues, even if it should be nerfed, it needs to be stronger than before. Also wondering how it feels on higher levels. Some skills dont scale well with the rest of the game. Not scared of the buff right now. Needs some further testing.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 1, 2015, 11:38:25 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Yeah, everything in PoE is black and white. If a skill can't be used as main AoE AND single target, and beat Atziri in under five minutes, it's named "garbage" by the community in no time.

Actually its a math game, whats why its always black or white. If a skill does less damage then another wich is already in the game it is garbage. It might be cool garbage or whatever, but its still garbage compared to other options.

Most builds do change something up for AOE and signletarget though, be it another skill or just swapping a skillgem.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Auxion wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Fortify is OP indeed. It replaces increased melee physical damage and adds an insane amount of defense.

mmmmm melee phys is the least likely gem to replaced by fortify in a setup.

I do not have access to closed beta. What exactly is the new best 6L groundslam/reave/dual strike setup with fortify? Why keep melee physical damage instead of anything when fortify adds quite a bit of increased physical damage?

its just a small amount of increased, its not a more damage multiplier like melee phys. Melee phys is probably going to work out giving you 10x as much damage, its like comparing a little area damage node to conc effect, one gives you a few 100 damage and the other gives you 1000s of damage.

The new best 6L fortify character from what I can see is exactly the same setup you have before with fortify on a second attack or move skill, the damage increase youre going to get from it is in no way comparable to proper damage supports, multistrike, melee phys, added fire, faster attacks etc, if you drop one of these for fortify its as good as just dropping the gem and having 1 less support. Ill never build that way personally.

for my cyclones Ill have a second cyclone, with my 2h ranger itll be business as usual cyclone on one of the 6 links and then cyclone + bloodmagic + fortify + curse on hit + enfeeble + inc aoe or maybe blind on the other so Ill just do the usual cyclone on left mouse and then occasionally do a little tap on the right mouse to curse and proc fortify. I expect Ill do something similar with reave, left mouse standard 6L reave, then a 3/4L with Reave, fortify, inc aoe and maybe multistrike for the auto target but maybe not as it drags you into 3 hits, maybe just faster attacks? Hard to say, itll probably also be linked to their movement skills if possible.

I dont see myself ever sacrificing a damage support on the main skill for it unless its a situation like say non crit reave, my 6th gem is WED and I dont have enough free mana/leech/leech rate to sustain its 140% cost multiplier but i can run a 110% or whatever fortify is without choking, maybe it becomes an option in some unlikely situation like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info