[2.0] The IceBreaker Scion. Ice Crash + Facebreakers + Counter Skills = Great fun!

In your gearing section, it seems like you left out your boot choice.

Or was that intended ?
Is this build still good or has anything changed since it was posted?
i'm level 72 and im using the build, i have a bit of a problem with mana, any advice?
Last edited by PrimeraAlpha on Jul 12, 2015, 3:20:47 PM
I have been using your build and noticed something u didn't really give any information on Boots in your guide expect for that great one :D
"
xinon wrote:
In your gearing section, it seems like you left out your boot choice.

Or was that intended ?

Not intended thanks for catching. Its just rare booties that I use, as I don't think any uniques are really worth it. I edited it in :)

"
chaouke wrote:
Is this build still good or has anything changed since it was posted?

Still good, im working on it now just going slower than I want as july and august for me is absolute hell at work. Working mon-fri 14 hours a day and Saturday about 8. I plan on updating everything once I get fully polished build. For now working great though and at level 70.

"
PrimeraAlpha wrote:
i'm level 72 and im using the build, i have a bit of a problem with mana, any advice?

I started using a mana leech jewel when I was like 58. They very easy to roll I think I used like 4 alts on a viridian jewel. Once you get like 6k-7k dps you ALMOST never have to use a mana potion. Once you put on abyssus and your damage sky rockets to like 20k you never have mana issues again.

"
Atlapro wrote:
I have been using your build and noticed something u didn't really give any information on Boots in your guide expect for that great one :D

Yup edited now :)
CWDT > Molten Shell > Punishment > Increased Duration

Now that enduring cry no longer works I tested a bunch of things to find the right fit for me and I really like it. Molten shell was always a skill that I enjoyed but I really hate self casting it. CWDT allows me to not have to. Currently I run with CWDT level 8 allowing me to run level 52 or lower on punishment and molten shell which comes out to a level 14 molten shell and a level 11 punishment.

Molten shell and increased duration give me some nice added armor and defense which is always great. Punishment since it has been buffed is an awesome curse. If you want to keep it unlinked and use yourself that is fine but not really necessary.

U state this in your build would u say not to level CWDT past that level or what?
Thanks for the quick response before and the build is working really smoothly :D
Can you give me your opinion on where I should go next / changes I should make to my 2H Ice Crash build?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABLMIZwthDc0UIBW4Gj4czikuK1AxnjH7NdY64TwFPC09D0UKSshQR1cNXz9nm2jyd-V8uHy7ffV_44IHguSDzIqvkBGWMqIApletja4-r2yvp7c-vrzAZsQVxPbGrshbz37SIdhN2L3ZYeRR7w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX0xv4K_lQ=

I haven't played in a year or so and was kinda just winging it while leveling.
I think where I go next is going to depend on what weapon I decide on using, so far I've just been using whatever has the most damage. I am thinking staff; the Blunt Instrument node gives 28% phys damage and 30% armor, and then making my way over to the Staff wheel above Resolute Technique.

This is on HC, btw.

"
Atlapro wrote:
CWDT > Molten Shell > Punishment > Increased Duration

Now that enduring cry no longer works I tested a bunch of things to find the right fit for me and I really like it. Molten shell was always a skill that I enjoyed but I really hate self casting it. CWDT allows me to not have to. Currently I run with CWDT level 8 allowing me to run level 52 or lower on punishment and molten shell which comes out to a level 14 molten shell and a level 11 punishment.

Molten shell and increased duration give me some nice added armor and defense which is always great. Punishment since it has been buffed is an awesome curse. If you want to keep it unlinked and use yourself that is fine but not really necessary.

U state this in your build would u say not to level CWDT past that level or what?
Thanks for the quick response before and the build is working really smoothly :D

Personally I feel the best level is the one in guide, however people are all different and this build is pretty diverse in many aspects. When it comes down to it, use the level you are most comfortable with.

"
Olsvik wrote:
Can you give me your opinion on where I should go next / changes I should make to my 2H Ice Crash build?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABLMIZwthDc0UIBW4Gj4czikuK1AxnjH7NdY64TwFPC09D0UKSshQR1cNXz9nm2jyd-V8uHy7ffV_44IHguSDzIqvkBGWMqIApletja4-r2yvp7c-vrzAZsQVxPbGrshbz37SIdhN2L3ZYeRR7w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX0xv4K_lQ=

I haven't played in a year or so and was kinda just winging it while leveling.
I think where I go next is going to depend on what weapon I decide on using, so far I've just been using whatever has the most damage. I am thinking staff; the Blunt Instrument node gives 28% phys damage and 30% armor, and then making my way over to the Staff wheel above Resolute Technique.

This is on HC, btw.

2h ice crash build would be much different from facebreaker unarmed. Block nodes wouldn't exist, melee weapon dmg and maces (or w/e ur using) would be different. I really couldn't and wouldn't venture into territory that I am unsure about. I tested unarmed facebreaker a lot in beta and still not as much as I want to or plan to.

Being on HC makes this even more true. Im sorry my friend but what you are asking I am unable to help you with.
Oh, whoops, I posted in the wrong Ice Crash thread ;)
"
Olsvik wrote:
Oh, whoops, I posted in the wrong Ice Crash thread ;)

Not a problem man, its a fun skill with lots of viable ways of doing it. Best of luck in your endeavors :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info