[2.2] Nuclear Shell - VMS Scolds Flameblast [DEAD AFTER 2.3.0]

"
fer662 wrote:
I ended up modifying this build a lot and really like it. I might post a thread of my own when I finish minmaxing it. But for starters:

You should remove spell echo from your chest. It actually makes VMS proc less often, since it only procs when you actually spend mana. with spell echo, that only happens every other cast.

For me:
With spell echo = 16.95 casts -> 8.475 VMS/S
Without spell echo = 10 casts -> 10 VMS/S

Your DPS calculations are off because of this reason

Yeah, DPS calculations were wrong then. However, getting a few additional VMS casts is not worth basically doubling the manacost of Incinerate, which becomes unsustainable.

This build deals relatively high damage even without VMS.

"

i've got another question, which boots / chestpiece do you use for atziri herself? just good rares or any special uniques?

Rare boots with life + Belly of the Beast.

Pure ES chest might work better though - it will give a much higher ES pool. However, this I haven't tested yet.

ALso, how much Scolds costs in Warbands if it is cheaper than Rathpith? O_o
The only way to get a new one was to chance it. Or is there a card for it now?

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 7, 2015, 7:35:57 AM
Well I just checked it - temp league players are not in a good spot when it comes to getting popular uniques...

Price of nearly the same rolls Rathpith is around 25-50 times higher in Warbands (7ex) compared to standard (5-10c)
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 7, 2015, 9:49:40 AM
The gimmicks are real, and I love it!
Good job.
"
Well I just checked it - temp league players are not in a good spot when it comes to getting popular uniques...

Price of nearly the same rolls Rathpith is around 25-50 times higher in Warbands (7ex) compared to standard (5-10c)

ofc it is, because its super rare now. t1

in std there are millions of those so it doesnt matter what the new rarity is :P
Anther good combo is Daresso's Defiance, it gives u onslaught and you dont need to use mokou's.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Last edited by squurellkiller on Aug 7, 2015, 8:05:55 PM
"
Anther good combo is Daresso's Defiance, it gives u onslaught and you dont need to use mokou's.

Well, double Mokou is still 40% cast speed, permanently active, too much to give up.

Before getting Scolds though I agree, Daresso would be a very good choice.
Main problem with it is that in some boss battles with no adds you don't have any charges for it to use. I guess you can use End Cry for it though.
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 10, 2015, 5:18:39 AM
Can you update the current skill tree on level 88?

Update on the build - made some changes.

Updated dmg calculations.
Tree updated to get more ignite chance.

Spell echo on Incinerate was replaced by Faster Casting, to get more VMS procs, as fer662 suggested quite some time ago.

One Mokou is replaced by Emberwake ring, which allows stacking multiple ignites, which adds quite a lot of dmg from VMS.

Now, for optimal operation, you should be stacking chance of ignite.
One of the main sources of it is 20q VMS - basically buy Molten Shells with 15+%q, bring them to 20q, then corrupt, until they turn into VMS.

With 20q VMS, I have 60% chance of ignite on it, which allows stacking 40+ ignite instances max after 6 seconds, which adds around 100k dps without conc effect and 150k dps with conc effect.

Final dmg values look like this now:
Massclear DPS (no Conc effect): 398820
Singletarget DPS (with Conc effect): 575580

Last edited by Shajirr on Sep 26, 2015, 12:38:55 PM
why no spell echo on incinerate? Did something change that I dont know about. Would be "cheaper" to cast and faster wouldnt it?

Nevermind didnt see the post right above me thanks!
Last edited by vortex315 on Nov 9, 2015, 8:43:10 PM
Any updates? What you think about Herald of Ice instead Arctic Armor (i used The Three Dragon). And what is better - Spell Echo or Faster Casting?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info