Response To General Salt

I have been playing this game pretty consistently for the past 3 years. I have played temp leagues, and enjoyed them, and I have spent a lot of time in standard enjoying pimping out my dudes and dude-ettes.

I would not say that I am a flipper or a trader in any sense of the word. I have had a shop and I have used Procurement (poorly). All I have done is play the game for a long time, use the resources that have been put before me, and do my best to make my characters strong.

I have 2 main characters that I play on standard that probably have 400-500 ex worth of gear on them combined (not including other investments in gear). One of them is level 94 and the other is level 85, and I'm enjoying leveling them up on standard until the new temp leagues come.

When temp leagues are released, I love creating a new characters that I've never played before and taking them as far as I can go in that league (looking forward to classic summoner in the awakening). When each temp league ends and the characters move to standard, it is fun for me to use my previously acquired wealth to take these characters to another level and let them faceroll content.

Don't get me wrong, I am a lush. I love facerolling content. Probably why I enjoy playing standard half the time. I play my own way, I earn currency my way, and I enjoy this game. Malbec is a good companion for maps

Feel free to post your own experiences of how you enjoy this game.. regardless of SC / HC / temp league / etc

TLDR: enjoy the game your own way. provide feedback. don't bitch. bitching is your own way of saying you are sorry for yourself

Last edited by Spokodude on Jun 25, 2015, 12:57:04 PM
"
bitching is your own way of saying you are sorry for yourself

nice.

IGN TylordRampage
"
Spokodude wrote:
enjoy the game your own way. don't bitch. bitching is your own way of saying you are sorry for yourself

true words.

i really would like to read more posts which consider the game's rather than the individual player's fun and prosperity.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
Spokodude wrote:
enjoy the game your own way. don't bitch. bitching is your own way of saying you are sorry for yourself

true words.

i really would like to read more posts which consider the game's rather than the individual player's fun and prosperity.

That would require people to think outside of the scope of themselves. That is asking a lot from most people.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jun 25, 2015, 6:44:38 AM
"
Spokodude wrote:
enjoy the game your own way. don't bitch

I do both.
but there's no point in doing the "bitching" part in General Discussion, because no one from GGG reads it anyway.
Feedback is where there's a (very, very) slight chance something you don't like about the game, actually ends up getting the Devs' attention, and gets changed for the better.

eventually.
just need to wait the appropriate amount of years.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
My dear friend, I start playing this game in June 2014 and i have a lot experience in this kind of games, although it was difficult at first, create my own melee character without any guide.
Few weeks later and 4 or 5 Hardcore dead duelist build my first Scion (she was amazing) reach level 87 with her, but something was wrong and she start to die (a lot in high end maps bosses).
At that moment i realized i need better gear, but i was playing 6 hours a day and 12 in weekends.
Put my "Farm Face" and put some many hours to... finally in february 2015 with 2 Scion (87 and 89) I quit the game for good.

Good drop never come, craft good gear it's imposible with 20 exalted, the game simply had missed the point, level up my chars, and the posibility to beat harder bosses and higer maps.
Some people said I should leave the melee character and migrate to witch, CoC or summoner, WHY???

Im testing the beta now and i want to give this game a new opportunity, because i love it, I enjoy the game even though for some reason or caprice melee characters are not for end game.

regards, and forgive my bad english
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
My dear friend, I start playing this game in June 2014 and i have a lot experience in this kind of games, although it was difficult at first, create my own melee character without any guide.
Few weeks later and 4 or 5 Hardcore dead duelist build my first Scion (she was amazing) reach level 87 with her, but something was wrong and she start to die (a lot in high end maps bosses).
At that moment i realized i need better gear, but i was playing 6 hours a day and 12 in weekends.
Put my "Farm Face" and put some many hours to... finally in february 2015 with 2 Scion (87 and 89) I quit the game for good.

Good drop never come, craft good gear it's imposible with 20 exalted, the game simply had missed the point, level up my chars, and the posibility to beat harder bosses and higer maps.
Some people said I should leave the melee character and migrate to witch, CoC or summoner, WHY???

Im testing the beta now and i want to give this game a new opportunity, because i love it, I enjoy the game even though for some reason or caprice melee characters are not for end game.

I'm playing Grim Dawn right now, and although there is still only normal mode available, I find it much more fun and challenging than PoE. In PoE (live) it's like 95% blandness and 5% twitchy instagib avoidance. I must say I don't find the 5% particularly challenging, mostly just annoying.

But if only PoE would get its balancing right, and if only you wouldn't be so restricted by trade and bad drop rates, I would drop GD instantly. So many build possibilities, and such complexity, it would be amazing. But sadly, for every build you want to make you have to jump through so many hoops, gear-wise, skillgem-wise and "currency"-wise, and getting past certain levels requires such mindboggingly dull repetition, that in the end people like me get their motivation sucked right out of them.
Last edited by Jojas on Jun 25, 2015, 7:57:35 AM
"
diegodgo87 wrote:

It's true that in order to progress and do higher level content as a melee character you need to acquire the gear first. Also agree that good drop for your build might never come but did you consider trading to get better gear?

I mean, game is designed around trading specially for certain builds like melee. Casters for example have a better luck playing as a self found because you gain your power from leveling gems mostly. Couldn't you buy the gear you were looking for with that 20ex?

Last edited by Mephisto_n on Jun 25, 2015, 8:13:11 AM
Bitching about bitching? Thats a paddlin.
[/quote]It's true that in order to progress and do higher level content as a melee character you need to acquire the gear first. Also agree that good drop for your build might never come but did you consider trading to get better gear?

I mean, game is designed around trading specially for certain builds like melee. Casters for example have a better luck playing as a self found because you gain your power from leveling gems mostly. Couldn't you buy the gear you were looking for with that 20ex?[/quote]

I do, and i was able to improve a little with 6-link armor chest, some really fast and powerful sword and trade very good boots with res and HP.

But i think melee chars are very expensive for beginners players, 6L lightning Coil, a high roll Soul Taker or legacy Abyssus are far away.

Thanks
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last edited by diegodgo87 on Jun 25, 2015, 8:36:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info