Tree Planner Complement Part 2: Spell Damage Calc

Hello!

As announced couple of days ago in this thread, I would like to introduce part 2 of my project.

You can find the Spell Damage Planner at this link

To try it out you have to download it as .ods or .xlsx and run it on your computer or you can duplicate it to your own google docs account.

It includes a very detailed Damage Conversion and Damage Adding part which should cover all in PoE possible types of Conversions.

From the first thread:

"
You can download it as ods or xlsx but you can also duplicate it to your own google docs.

Motivation
I spend more time planning for PoE than playing. Recently while planning a build I was very frustrated with knowing how the math works but not being able to compare it in a rapid manner.

Later on I felt like it is a shame that other people would have to go through the same effort and usually end up bothering streamers in a typical way: "Hi is x better than y provided that I give no additional information?"

How to use
While planning your skill tree with an online/offline planner you can decide which stats give you more damage by entering your full character numbers and adding the stats that the nodes would give you. You can duplicate the sheet and keep different sheets for different types of the build you are trying to do.

While trading, for example with poe.trade, you can alter the weapon properties (top left) and compare the outcomes. Check white weapon damage from PoE Wiki.

Additional Information
This calc will probably never get outdated as base PoE mechanics are being used.

I do have a spell damage equivalent that needs to be heavily updated and is not polished. (Part 2)

I do have a mana/mana regen calculator that needs to be heavily updated because it considers old EB. Also not polished. (Part 3)

I am considering making a defensive mechanics calculator to be able to represent among others the ingame armor and evasion % reductions (which apply to an average hit of a monster of your level) but also to be able to input a large hit value and see how well you do. That is a long term goal however. (Part 4?)

If you find errors please inform me. Otherwise let me know what you think.

EDIT:
Fixed colors as literally everybody was complaining!
Fixed the added +% lightning damage sum accidently being replaced with a 0.
EDIT2:
Overhauled looks, fixed 2 errors in the code, added full damage conversion, added full accuracy table support.

I hope you enjoy both versions of my much more polished project. Input is welcome.

EDIT: Added Spell Effectiveness input+calculation.
Last edited by Samirhage on Jun 24, 2015, 8:05:56 AM
You should add a Damage Effectiveness Stats since added Damage from Auras/Affixes/Gems scales differenly depending on the Spell you are using
"
Xan wrote:
You should add a Damage Effectiveness Stats since added Damage from Auras/Affixes/Gems scales differenly depending on the Spell you are using

I knew something was missing! I had it in a previous version but forgot to transfer it the current one. Will add, thanks
I'm not sure if you realize, but there's something like this already built into the offline tree planer, complete with conversions and stuff...
"
Samirhage wrote:
"
Xan wrote:

I knew something was missing! I had it in a previous version but forgot to transfer it the current one. Will add, thanks

Done. Effectiveness input and calculation added.

"
MauranKilom wrote:
I'm not sure if you realize, but there's something like this already built into the offline tree planer, complete with conversions and stuff...

I am not aware of such a tool. I have searched for one (in the past tho) and I have also never seen any streamer use it or heard of it. Neither my normal tree planner program for windows nor my android app have such functionality that I am aware of. If there is one I would be curious about how accurate it is when it comes to the last digit of the dps that seems to always fluctuate for me.
Last edited by Samirhage on Jun 24, 2015, 8:11:58 AM
Could you post this as a google doc sheet and share it. That way users can copy it and use it without having to have Excel.

Also it makes it easier to share results/setups.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jun 24, 2015, 1:27:37 PM
Is it possible to add in this chart the elemental effects?

For example:

If someone have a X%crit chance and a +X% burn chance, based on his cast speed, this person will burn it's targets on an average XX number of times each 10 secs, and so, even if the burn length stays in its minimal duration, apply the effect for XXX secs of that 10 secs, dealing another XXX damage for each sec of burning on his targets (based on his average spell damage). That way, added this burn average damage to his average spell damage dealt during that period, his total spell DPS will be XXXX.

The same idea could be applied for shock:

If someone have a X%crit chance and a +X% shock chance, based on his cast speed, this person will shock it's targets on an average XX number of times each 10 secs, and so, even if the shock length stays in its minimal duration, apply the effect for XXX secs of that 10 secs, dealing 50% extra damage for each sec of shocking on his targets. That way, multiplying his spell damage by 1.5 only during that period, his efective total spell DPS will be XXXX.
In Game: ElaineBelloc
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Could you post this as a google doc sheet and share it. That way users can copy it and use it without having to have Excel.

Also it makes it easier to share results/setups.

What do you mean by that? As far as i am concerned it shared but bot editable. You have to copy it to your own google sheet account.

"
Is it possible to add in this chart the elemental effects?

That is a nice suggestion, i have thought about it. Personally i get 'a feeling' with burns and shock but of course can quantify it to be exact. Thats the point of a calc anyway. Will look into it when i have time, put it on my todo list
The offline skill tree planner thread is here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805/

Regarding calculcations, same problem. Last digit is sometimes off due to not known roundings at each "step" of calculations.
I am currently doing heavy rework on the conversion calculator which you are requesting. It will be very user friendly and also future proof.
I am awoo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info