Timeline Until The Awakening Release

"
Kezz123 wrote:

I have seen many companies grow and all typically go through the same pains and poor decisions and lack of effort which lead to core issues.

Your company should be used as a template to follow by many companies out there, gaming industry or otherwise.

Your ability to take your clients seriously, communicate with true and sincere transparency, dedicating limited resources to issue these communications and to take accountability for your product is amazing.

very VERY refreshing in what now is an industry of scammers with one intent only, to make as much money as fast as possible with as little effort as possible before dying (as in the product dying often before being completed).

totally agree with these points.

"
Kezz123 wrote:

The exception to that rule was the BS answer given about desync being basically unfixable...which was insulting because it was so illogical.

you do mix up things here. they never said that desync is unfixable.

they did say that there always is some input lag (desync) dependent on the paket travel and processing time, that it's difficult to keep client/server actions in sync while keeping the gameplay fluent and that they have no idea on how to optimize it with the ressources and timeline at hand at the time.
imo jonathan explained the desync fixing progress in the frontseatgamer interview(s) pretty well (he is the guy responsible for programming the related mechanics).

2 more points:
desync isn't completely fixed: they found a solution for players with low latency and fixed alot of their skills and other mechanics which were notorious for causing it.

and please name me some other game which works server authoritative, provides all the features poe has and already works the way poe is working now. i don't think there is one, locking the skill execution before server acknowledges it seems easy and logical but even i thought it would never work and provide such a fluent gameplay as it is.
additionally it needed a wide scale test beside the main game to get optimized which only a closed beta can provide. there was no such opportunity before.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
early July, yes please
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
what is about the german localisation ? Did you still work on it and it get released with "The Awakening" ? or whats the plan ?
It feels like Christmas!!!
Thank you GGG and I wish you all the best, because you deserve it.
hell yeah!
I've spent a LOT of money on PoE. Ordered stash tabs, cosmetic stuff, and bought beta keys, and I'll spend more in the future, to play a free-to-play game. And I know many, many people here have spent more than I did.

I'm happy to support this game and this team because PoE is so freaking well done! And the team shows so much creativity and game sense. I'm past comparing PoE to other games like D3; as far as I'm concerned, it stands in a league of its own.

Bring on the new release! I've put hours upon hours into the CB and can't wait to start the official release.

Thanks to everyone at GGG for all you've done on PoE. Best of luck to all!

Bit off topic, but what is Chris's avatar supposed to be? A chainmail wearing guy with a monster fish head?
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Good work guys! See you on the 10th of july!!!!
Can't wait! Wish i had some friends to play with when it came out, they're all too casual.
Keep it up GGG! Really looking forward for Act 4 and the new challenges leagues.
Shadow masterrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info