[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Chayula breaches really do exist... was clearing out my unID maps when I ran out of corrupt ones this morning and found my first breach in a T1 Arcade... also managed to create an Essence of Delirium... it was a very profitable T1 map... and then it was like once I popped my Chayula cherry it was fair game because I found another in unID Crystal Ore... and managed 7 whole splinters

Also finally got an Uber Lab carry... wasn't nearly as bad as I feared when first running some of them trap-heavy trials... and even the most annoying trials aren't so bad anymore once I stopped crippling my survivability by keeping Blood Rage active unnecessarily with no mobs around...

Only thing holding me back from making a Method 3 Mastercrafted bow now is a week of Catarina rotations... and turning more of my currency into Exalted Orbs... being this slow to reach this point sure makes buying a lvl 3 empower cheap... they're down to 10c at this point
"
Farami wrote:
Thanks for the amazing guide. Really loving the build so far!

However, I am wondering why I have massively less damage than you do.

Right now Im sitting at 15k with 5 frenzy charges up, whereas your guide is showing 25k with 7 charges.

I'm also missing about 100 IIR that I have no idea where to get from. :(

Sorry, I missed this. You posted at exactly the same time I did and it bumped me to the next page.

The guide DPS listed is with CA 21 and Empower 4, which on its own will account for ~4.5k of the dps your missing (three gem levels). The last 4.5k comes from the two frenzy charges and the fact that you have I believe three area damage rolls on your jewels, which will not be reflected on the tooltip (it does impact it, don't worry).

Your tooltip once you have CA 21 and Empower 4 will probably show roughly 23.5k, as a result, but you should be matching me for effective dps with the area damage factored in once you upgrade to 21 & 4

As for the missing IIR, don't forget to go to your character sheet and select the CA skill so that the IIR gem shows up in the misc tab for the IIR.

You're showing 248% IIR without the IIR gem, and and 304% with it. Another gem level and 20% quality will put you to 315%. You're doing fine.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 1, 2017, 2:43:11 PM
Late to the party, but congrats on the completion of the 40 challenges. And all before the race rewards became available.

Good advice in getting the Nemesis sextant mod. Found a seller within the hour of joining /trade 820. Now to see if I can find a Warbands Strongbox...
So are you saying to start with Scion in SC and go for chain from deadeye and then some stuff from one of the witches ascendancy trees? I'd like to try this if I have time this league, I really like damage over time.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
"
So are you saying to start with Scion in SC and go for chain from deadeye and then some stuff from one of the witches ascendancy trees? I'd like to try this if I have time this league, I really like damage over time.

Yes for the scion start in SC. Ranger ascendancy is Deadeye (Pierce and Extra Projectile). Witch ascendancy is Occultist (Cursed enemies -15% chaos res, 20% damage boost if cursed enemy was killed recently). Eventually Path of the Ranger to save a few travel nodes.

The build is a lot of fun, would recommend if you have the time.
edit: found it in the FAQ

Sadly, I think I'm going to lay this build to rest for now.
Not that it isn't good, but MF is in a really weird position right now and I feel like I'm getting overpowered by other builds that have way more DPS and just clear much faster. I also feel like I'm nearly reaching the peak of my damage, with the only optimizations being 2 more frenzy charges and lvl21 gems + lvl4 empower.

However, I do really love the CA playstyle in general, so I still want to at least try respeccing to a CA build without MF and see how it goes. Would this require a lot of respec points and/or changes in gear and how is the DPS compared to MF CA? I'm rocking a 6L bow + 6L chest right now and got about 5ex to blow, so I'd love to see some suggestions :)
Last edited by DarkKaine on Jan 3, 2017, 4:21:12 PM
"
DarkKaine wrote:
edit: found it in the FAQ

Sadly, I think I'm going to lay this build to rest for now.
Not that it isn't good, but MF is in a really weird position right now and I feel like I'm getting overpowered by other builds that have way more DPS and just clear much faster. I also feel like I'm nearly reaching the peak of my damage, with the only optimizations being 2 more frenzy charges and lvl21 gems + lvl4 empower.

However, I do really love the CA playstyle in general, so I still want to at least try respeccing to a CA build without MF and see how it goes. Would this require a lot of respec points and/or changes in gear and how is the DPS compared to MF CA? I'm rocking a 6L bow + 6L chest right now and got about 5ex to blow, so I'd love to see some suggestions :)

There's a few options out there. Hidden Potential life build, CI Occultist build, etc.

Tree wise, wouldn't require respeccing much of anything to go Hidden Potential life, but you'd need to regear. Keep Drillneck but go basically magic everything else.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
Late to the party, but congrats on the completion of the 40 challenges. And all before the race rewards became available.

Thanks, bud!
"
Serleth wrote:
"
DarkKaine wrote:

There's a few options out there. Hidden Potential life build, CI Occultist build, etc.

Tree wise, wouldn't require respeccing much of anything to go Hidden Potential life, but you'd need to regear. Keep Drillneck but go basically magic everything else.

If you don't want to switch to Hidden Potential, you could stay a life build and just swap around four or five gear pieces for more damage. Not sure if you are running a Carcass, but if not that should be the chest. Switch your three jewelry pieces to pieces crafted with Deafening of Envy (bonus points if the Amulet is a +1 Frenzy). Switch your boots for a pair of Blooddance, Darkray, or Atziri's Step (preferably with a +1 Frenzy corruption).

Ohh and the obvious statement, recolor your bow to replace IR with VM, RD, or Pierce (which ever one is currently not in your links).
Hi and Many thanks for guide and this great build.

Am not sure what i can change to improve my dps and my build.
My Caustc arrow is 17101.8 chaos damage. Can we go higher or it wont be possible. I seen some guys got 28k on Caustic arrow,

My gear.
Spoiler

Skill Trea
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAO4B0QMeBS0FtQguCdkM8g5IES8TbRQJFHUVIBa_GNsZjhm0Go0byB9BI_YmiCaVKk0qWyzpLYMuIy5TMHwxNTWSNj031D7PPydDMUM2R35KyE2SUUdS7FoaWlJbJluvYeJirGVNbIxuaW6qdO11y3aCefZ7bnvDfXV_-4TZhrOHB419jX6Nv5OZlyGbXZzEnaqhIqJAo4qly6iar-u0xbTRtUi18rcitzC3trueu-O9Nr3mvqfBfMLswzPEosgMykbP3dNv037UI9X42L3awd0N4q3jhOXm6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968Yryl_T49qP-j_66
Last edited by max1982 on Jan 4, 2017, 6:51:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info