[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Oh, you still Flameblast?=)

Are you seeing the original prolif (without gem, but Elementalist Ascendancy) to come back any time? I miss those times ^^

IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Serleth wrote:

But for this particular Pledge I'm going with a crit Blade Vortex Berzerker, decided to try that Uber lab runner that was posted a few pages back.

Spoiler
Pledge / Kaom's / Acuity / Essence Worm for uniques, Taste of Hate in flasks.

Also with Basalt and Granite flasks.

BV - Empower - FC - Crit Strikes - Poison - AoE/Conc

Hatred in Essence Worm.

Leap Slam - Fortify - Culling - Faster Attacks.

Vaal Haste - Lightning Golem - Flame Dash - (?? Decoy??)

Secondary CoH BV with Enfeeble and PcoC

Tree

Amulet will have spell damage and crit multi while the secondary ring slot is just resistances/life. Will probably need a Prismatic (or single-res other ring with a prismatic explicit) and two 40%+ rolls.

Will probably adjust as I go along but that's the base I'll be working with.

I figure I might drop the whole utility setup listed above and instead opt for a Warcry linkage with CWDT for T15 bosses. We'll see how potent the build gets using the original concept first, though.

I am also rolling this one, if time and currency permits (mostly time). It's so tempting to have a strong boss killer and do all the hard content myself, that I always had to ask others for. Also, I have never played Blade Vortex and it feels so nice to level with it.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Serleth wrote:
There are only two reasons imho to avoid 6Ling something yourself (typically):

* Time available
* Need to be "first" to something, like Uber farming.

Example and some stats:

I'm currently working on 6Ling a Pledge of Hands for my next build. Lowest price as of yesterday was 7.5ex, with fuses at 160:1ex, that places the value of the item in fuse-equivalent at 1200 fusings. Which just so happens to be roughly the *cough* "average expectation" to 6L an item.

I've 6L'd over 70 items now in PoE.

2/70 - 2300 and 2800 fusings
1/70 - 1350 fusings
67/70 - 1100 fusings or less

Average 6L cost - 850-900 fusings.

As mentioned, if you don't have the time (or drive) available to re-farm fusings in the event of a nightmare 6L (less than 5% of the time), that's completely understandable.

However, presuming you do have the time (and drive) available, you should do a cross-comparison of the cost of the item you want in terms of its 6L market value with its fuse-equivalence price, and if the value of the item is greater than or equal to 1250 fusings, you should do it yourself.

On average, over time, you will save currency.

I used to keep a list of how many fusings I've spent on 6Ling items, but that died somewhere last year, so we'll just go with the above information and do a comparison to the cost of a Vorici 6L AND the cost of an item presuming it is valued at 1300 fuse equivalent.

For the sake of this comparison we will also be using a Standard fusing ratio of 115:1ex

1500/115 = 13ex (Vorici)
1300/115 = 11.3ex (guesstimated average 6L item cost on the market, in Standard, for common uniques or non-GG rare items).

Since the above average 6L value of 850-900 includes the two nightmare 6Ls, we will use the lower end of the average value to calculate the rest of the 6Ls cost.

2300 + 2800 + 1350 + (850 * 67) = 63,400 fusings = 551.3ex

Versus

70 6Ls * 11.3ex (average cost of straight up buying 6Ls) = 791ex
70 6Ls * 13ex (Vorici method) = 910ex

Difference: 239.7ex savings (358.7ex versus Vorici)

This is conservative, given that approximately 9 of my 6Ls have occured in 200 fusings or less, and an additional 10 or so have occurred in 600 fusings or less, but you get the point.

By 6Ling items myself, over time, I've saved enough currency to buy 8.5 pairs of Skyforth boots (currently priced at 28ex in Standard).

Yes, you will occasionally lose currency, but over enough 6L attempts you will beat the odds. Significantly.

For the record, this isn't just my own confirmation bias here. Every time this topic comes up on reddit, there's a wealth of people who go "Oh, I tried 6Ling an item. Once. And I spent 3,000 fusings. So never again."

And then there's a minimum five other people that chime in saying their experience roughly matches mine: 800-950 fusings average per 6L, with a minimum 40 6Ls attempted.

Then you are a really lucky boy. I used till now over 4000 fuse and NEVER 6l a item. I tried it for the archivment, but til now no luck.
So its only rng and if you dont have rng you can use over 6000 fuse ( a reddit user wrote this) to 6 l youre first item. And then you must 6 l many many more items to come to your 600 - 700 fuses per item.
somtimes i think its a bit account or server based. There are times who people 6l or chance many items in short time, and then long long time nothing go on.

I chanced every sorcer boots, prophecy wands, gavels, and occultist, since i play poe in open beta. i dont know how many chances orbs i used. over 2000 or more dont know. And i never chanced anything.

In this leage i was happy to get the 6l prophecy. thats luck. but still no archivement for 6l a item :-(
And in standard i buy for 1500 fuse, or buy the item.
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Oh, you still Flameblast?=)

Are you seeing the original prolif (without gem, but Elementalist Ascendancy) to come back any time? I miss those times ^^

It's actually better with the gem, rather than Elementalist. You get more range.

And yeah, it's back now if you wanted to run it. It's still not as potent as it once was but at least it's capable. I put it back on par with CA clear speed.

I haven't run it at length or completely reset the build or anything, just did a quick test in Standard when 2.3 was released.

"
Then you are a really lucky boy. I used till now over 4000 fuse and NEVER 6l a item. I tried it for the archivment, but til now no luck.

No, not lucky. I've just made enough attempts, over time.

This is precisely the problem I was talking about when I said people on reddit complain (for lack of a better word?) about not getting a 6L. Their first attempt ends up being a nightmare 6L attempt, so they automatically think it's extremely difficult.

Either that or they approach it wrong and are talking about total fuses spent, when all they're really doing is stopping at a 5L.

Which, to be honest, is exactly what it sounds like you've done, judging by your phraseology. "4000 fuses, never 6L [an] item" to me implies that you're talking about total fuses spent over MANY items, and probably stopping when you get a 5L, or maybe occasionally sinking 500 fuses into one attempt but then never pressing beyond that.

You need to be willing to invest in 1200 fuses spamming one item in order to start seeing the average distribution I'm talking about.

And like I alluded to before, if you don't have the time to be able to recoup the fuses, then yeah, it's obviously not going to be worth it for you, and you're better off just buying the 6L.

Because without the ability to recover the expense, if you DO end up with that nightmare 6L attempt, you very well could be in the hole.

What I'm talking about is being able to invest in 6Ling 5+ items per league and having the wealth to not care if you get one nightmare attempt every 2-3 leagues.

THEN you'll start seeing the average weighting.

So you're right about this:

"
And then you must 6 l many many more items to come to your 600 - 700 fuses per item.

But, people treat RNG like it's something you can actually have, or not have. You don't.

It's literally just statistics. Over enough attempts, the fuse distribution per 6L WILL be 800-1200 fuses.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
RE 6-linking yourself or not
Spoiler

Well, the main reasons not to 6-link on your own are:

1) there is a less expensive alternative, or

2) you are willing to pay a premium for a guaranteed 6-link

Point 1 is obvious and bears no further discussion.

Point 2 is interesting though.

If you are only going to 6-link one item in a league then point 2 may well apply to you. You may be more than willing to pay a bit more for that one 6-link than to gamble on doing it yourself. You may especially be in this situation if you don't intend to play the game intensely.

Point 2 is less likely to apply to you if you're going to be 6-linking multiple items and/or are going to be playing POE a lot which means that you can tolerate the occasional bad outcome where fusing is much more expensive than average.

Point 2 may also not apply, if you like to gamble. If you like the excitement of possibly 6-linking in just a few fuse, you may want to 6-link on your own.

This is a fascinating mathematical topic actually - Vorici is a form of insurance. Do you want to purchase insurance or not? What is a fair price for the insurance? What about a mixed strategy - where you try 6-linking on your own up to a certain cost and then if not successful, use Vorici for a guaranteed result? When is the mixed strategy optimal? How many fuse should you spend before using Vorici? Etc.

One last point I'd like to make:

The distribution of fusing costs is open-ended. That is, there is no upper bound to how many fuse it might take. The average cost of fusing is taken over the entire distribution, including outcomes that take many, many, many fuses. So, when computing your own averages, include bad outcomes in order to obtain an accurate estimate of your own fusing costs.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jul 13, 2016, 10:54:38 PM
Spoiler

"
hankinsohl wrote:
RE 6-linking yourself or not
Spoiler

Well, the main reasons not to 6-link on your own are:

1) there is a less expensive alternative, or

2) you are willing to pay a premium for a guaranteed 6-link

Point 1 is obvious and bears no further discussion.

Point 2 is interesting though.

If you are only going to 6-link one item in a league then point 2 may well apply to you. You may be more than willing to pay a bit more for that one 6-link than to gamble on doing it yourself. You may especially be in this situation if you don't intend to play the game intensely.

Point 2 is less likely to apply to you if you're going to be 6-linking multiple items and/or are going to be playing POE a lot which means that you can tolerate the occasional bad outcome where fusing is much more expensive than average.

Point 2 may also not apply, if you like to gamble. If you like the excitement of possibly 6-linking in just a few fuse, you may want to 6-link on your own.

This is a fascinating mathematical topic actually - Vorici is a form of insurance. Do you want to purchase insurance or not? What is a fair price for the insurance? What about a mixed strategy - where you try 6-linking on your own up to a certain cost and then if not successful, use Vorici for a guaranteed result? When is the mixed strategy optimal? How many fuse should you spend before using Vorici? Etc.

The distribution of fusing costs is open-ended. That is, there is no upper bound to how many fuse it might take. The average cost of fusing is taken over the entire distribution, including outcomes that take many, many, many fuses. So, when computing your own averages, include bad outcomes in order to obtain an accurate estimate of your own fusing costs.

Essentially, lack of time available, or needing to be first to something (the reasons I stipulated that getting a guaranteed 6L is worthwhile), essentially comes down to your own point #2. Those are both reasons to be willing to pay premium for a guaranteed 6L.

In case you missed it, I covered the whole "less expensive alternative" in my own post (i.e., cross compare the fuse:ex ratio versus the exalt cost of the 6L item you want; if the cost of the item is less than 1200ish fusings in exalt equivalent, then it's worth it to just flat out buy the item).

The reason I separated the last paragraph out from the spoiler was to address the emboldened part:

The 850-900 average I listed includes EVERY 6L attempt up to the point I stopped tracking, which factored in the 1350, 2300 and 2800 fuse attempts.

The only reason I selected the lower end of that range for my analysis was to compensate for the fact that I stopped tracking my fuse attempts, and every 6L I've made since I stopped tracking has fallen below the 900 fuse mark, including three 6Ls that were each done in 100 fusings or less.

In reality, my average (including the 1350+ attempts) has probably since dipped to 800 or so.

In short, what I'm saying is that I've done what your emboldened statement says. If anything, 850-900 is presently a high average for me, in spite of the few nightmare 6Ls.

Aaaaaaaaand grats (and jealous) of your 21/20.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 14, 2016, 12:52:43 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

Aaaaaaaaand grats (and jealous) of your 21/20.

Thanks! :-)
Getting to level 20 on my second batch of CA gems took forever!
Off topic about a build I'm using for Uber lab runs:
Spoiler

I'm using a variant of AngryAA's build to run uber labs. It's amazing.

You just face tank Izaro. No dodging. No movement at all (except if he teleports you in the final phase).

Oh, and thanks to the insane life regen you get with 10+ endurance charges, traps are a joke. You cast Enduring Cry, instantly get 10 charges and can out-heal any trap damage.

With this build, you kill Argus, and except for elemental damage phases (Essences or Conduits) you kill buffed Izaro in phases 1 and 2 to end up with 3 keys at the end.

My variant brings a bit more DPS - I've gone crit staff using Hegemony's Era instead of RT Marohi Erqi.

My variant

Gear:
Spoiler

DPS is very good. I was going to focus on life, but I've got 6K which seems fine. So I'll pick up even more DPS.

I was able to level with this build reaching Merciless Dried Lakes in 8hr 44min play time at level 60. While running Dried Lakes for experience I was getting about 120M/hr on average. So in spite of this build being virtually unkillable, DPS is nice - and I can pick up quite a bit more DPS eventually.

Originally I was semi-following this build. It offers extremely high DPS and is one of the best in the game at the moment for end game accordng to the author. I wanted to farm Izaro though in complete safety so I picked up the ascendancies discussed in AngryAA's guide.

I ran my first Uber Izaro tonight on this build and it was a cake walk. No issues at all, got 3 keys. Very easy. Izaro did hit me for 3/4th of my life at times, but you've got plenty of time to heal up. Often a very long (10 second?) immortal call is up and Izaro can't hurt you. Failing that you've got 10 or more endurance charges, a buffed fortify, a bit of armor and a large life pool to see you through. So it's extremely safe so long as Izaro isn't doing elemental damage; you just need to cast Enduring Cry at the start of the fight and can ignore everything from then on.

I highly recommend this build if you're going to farm uber labs. You can do it with a 5-link Marohi Erqi and a Belly of the Beast - so total setup cost of your character should be way under 1ex.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jul 14, 2016, 4:52:06 AM
Spoiler
I AM A BAD PERSON.

I WILL NOT ROLL THAT BUILD BECAUSE HE CANNOT TURN OFF HIS CAPS LOCK.

AND APPARENTLY DOESN'T KNOW WHERE THE PRINT-SCREEN BUTTON IS.

Kidding.

Sort of.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info