[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Serleth, if a drillneck is too expensive to obtain for someone, would you skip the pierce cluster?
Hi,
love the build! Currently leveling in Warband (lvl 70, +2 bow, 3 jewels with each ~20 dmg)

I have a small question regarding your FINAL JEWELER BASED TREE.
Why did you take the +9% increased damage over time note from the 'Corruption' cluster,
but not the +10% increased projectile damage note from the 'Piercing Shots' cluster?

Both stats, 'damage over time' and 'projectile damage' should increase the overall damage from poison arrow in the same way. Did I miss something?
Alrighty! Reply time! =D

"
Selky62 wrote:
Spoiler

Not quite what I was going for!

So besides the +2gems this bow isn't doing much for me is it?

That's actually pretty decent. Nice attack speed and projectile speed: means that your PA shots will get there sooner and you can fire more off if necessary when packs are split up. For a pure offensive PA bow, that's quite nice.

But the important bit is the +2

"
Everyone must be rolling mf characters. :P

Yeah, like 80% of the population or something. :P Bit weird, I expected 10-15c for the gloves this early, but not exalts.

But yeah, thanks for the clarification folks: didn't realize gems were in the gloves. So the Aurseize hasn't changed.

They must have adjusted the drop rates of Goldwyrm/Aurseize though. Only 5 goldwyrms up on xyz. On day 4, that's *really* low.

"
skjutengris wrote:
difficulty gone up trough the roof tho.
did malachi mecriless and died so much a new record.
HC seems not plausiblea atm for me :)

They nerfed Malachai, thankfully, in Normal/Cruel. Check patch notes.

That makes taking this build to maps in HC a lot easier since you don't need to do Merciless Malachai fight.

Outside of Malachai, I've only died two or three times playing this build. I got one-shot in Cruel to the unique Raganko in Kaom because I was rushing and didn't see him in time, once to a new boss I had no idea what was capable of, and the other death was just a random strongbox before I had a dispel-freeze flask. That was running the SC tree.

So I think this will be fine in HC. Maybe Iron Reflexes is actually a good adjustment to make, or maybe my eva just isn't high enough.

"
Do I use my alts trying for a +1 all mod or save them for an ilvl > 64 bow and try to get +2 bow gems mod?

Wait for ilvl 64+. Rolling +2 is literally 3x as easy as getting +1 all gems. You can expect to spend almost an exalt of alterations getting +1 all gems. Not worth it.

"
does phys dmg help with EK? or should i not bother with rustic sash recipe?

Local phys damage on your wand/dagger won't help with EK, but it will help to actually wear a rustic sash or pick up general phys dmg nodes on the tree.

"
posterier wrote:
Serleth, if a drillneck is too expensive to obtain for someone, would you skip the pierce cluster?

Yes, skip it.

"
Why did you take the +9% increased damage over time note from the 'Corruption' cluster,
but not the +10% increased projectile damage note from the 'Piercing Shots' cluster?

Both stats, 'damage over time' and 'projectile damage' should increase the overall damage from poison arrow in the same way. Did I miss something?

It's pathing. You need to take the two 9% nodes to get to the notable sooner. IE:

The shortest route is the 9% > 9% > 8/18% route, rather than 9 > 10 > 10 > 8/18.

At that point, taking the other two chaos nodes (10% each) vs the projectile damage node in Piercing Shots = the same difference.

If you really want to min-max it afterwards though, yes, drop the 9% to take the 10% node. Or just level to 89. :P
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 13, 2015, 2:55:20 PM
Hi, i am playing your build in the Warbands League. Levling worked fine and its fun to play.
I´m lvl 66 so far and try to get MF gear.

Recently i tried to farm devination cards at docks, but after one hour it only dropped one card ... do i make something wrong? I currently have no Goldwyrm or Aurseize.
"
Heimdal1311 wrote:
Hi, i am playing your build in the Warbands League. Levling worked fine and its fun to play.
I´m lvl 66 so far and try to get MF gear.

Recently i tried to farm devination cards at docks, but after one hour it only dropped one card ... do i make something wrong? I currently have no Goldwyrm or Aurseize.

At 66 in a 64 zone this won't matter right now but just keep in mind that Divination cards are affected by the drop penalty.

So yeah, Div cards are relegated to specific tilesets or conditions. For example, Emperor's Luck will only drop in the Imperial Gardens tileset (so IG, Hedge Maze, Labyrinth, Courtyard).

I don't know if Docks has any specific cards or not, but each card also has a rarity tier associated with it. So for example while Carrion Crow is extremely common, Drunken Aristocrat is not.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 13, 2015, 3:15:24 PM
Here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Divination_card

most cards and places or find them.
Hey Serleth and you all! I picked up the ranger today and I am leveling her through A1 now. I look forward to getting PA charged up bit after bit and with this guide it will be perfect.

The build is very alike an Flame Totem MFer in the sense that it is a "use skill and move on" kind of build, which is high paced and effective. I like that a lot.

Thanks for the guide. I'll definitely hang here a lot and follow the development of the build. Happy hunting!
empower gem is only useful for +3 bows, as getting it at least to lvl2 takes serious! amount of time.
so the budget version would be: +2 bow gems with PA , conc effect, AoE, SP and IIR until u hit a 6l +3 bow
After buying the initial 5L bow and +2'ing it, what would you recommend spending currency on first? Getting a +3, Andys, or Drillneck?
"
Ruricon wrote:
After buying the initial 5L bow and +2'ing it, what would you recommend spending currency on first? Getting a +3, Andys, or Drillneck?

I'd personally go Andy's, but I got *SUPER* lucky and found a guy selling his +3 bow for 3ex (basically half price), so I snagged it.

Andvarius 1, Goldwyrm, Andvarius 2, +3 Bow, Drillneck, Carcass Jack. That's my order of preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info