[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
Uber lab down

Swapped out of MF gear, level 19 gem in a +3 bow with CoH setup to sustain Frenzy charges (4L'd), 5.3k life, 10.7k unbuffed tooltip dps.

Could I get a bit more guidance on this? I think it would be beneficial for hardcore players to get your advice on survive-ability/damage balance whilst getting as many keys as possible. Might be worth including in the guide post actually. I'm mostly keen just to ascend but if it is possible to farm safely/effectively i have seen some good loot come out of it on reddit.

@hankinsohl

Thanks for the math! 70 alts down and no +2 :(

Last edited by sixer on Jun 9, 2016, 7:24:22 PM
Going on hardcore, 71 so far, everything ez solo.
Got lucky today with alching jewelry

(for 10 alch spent i've gotta say its not bad ;) )

You question to you op, why hardcore build doesnt include 4 dodge nodes after acrobatics?
@medrith

"
Serleth wrote:
...will be the basis of what you want to do for Hardcore. Again feel free to adjust to fit your style of play.

My reasoning was the extra evade chance and dodge/spell dodge from Trickster makes it more optional than it was prior to Ascendancy. In 2.0/2.1, we took Phase Acro.

It's probably more necessary with the changes to monster spells in 2.3, but like I mention in the tree spoiler, adjust as you see fit.

"
sixer wrote:
Could I get a bit more guidance on this? I think it would be beneficial for hardcore players to get your advice on survive-ability/damage balance whilst getting as many keys as possible. Might be worth including in the guide post actually. I'm mostly keen just to ascend but if it is possible to farm safely/effectively i have seen some good loot come out of it on reddit.

First, it's important to note those damage/life values were in SC.

For safety sake, I probably wouldn't do Uber Lab in HC until you have CA 21 and Empower 3 at least, so that the damage you're dealing limits the opportunities Izaro will have to hit you on the basis he will die faster.

In all honesty though, I'm not an HC player anymore, not since Warbands/Tempest. I can't provide much more input here as a result.

I would just absolutely crank out life on every jewel and every node possible, prioritizing Piercing Shots (Drillneck, obvs) and Frenzy charges, swapping out of MF gear for the fight and paying attention to PoElab.com to make sure you're getting an easier day in the lab. Namely, no Charge Disruptors.

You'd also definitely want the dodge nodes after Acro for Uber Lab. Possibly even Phase / Atziri's Step.

In short, go as survivable as you can, and don't run it until your build is complete, inclusive of gems, and level 90+.

/shrug Best I can offer man. Sorry if this isn't what you're looking for.

HC became boring to me once they stopped doing split leagues.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 9, 2016, 7:46:38 PM
@Serleth

Thanks, no this actually does help quite a bit. Largely common sense but sometimes those are the things that you forget!

I must agree, i really don't like how its not a split league - at least different rewards would be good! I don't really know why i can't play SC but every time i try i get to cruel/merc and feel bored, really kills my addiction.
For sure, I understand both sides of it.

I got spoiled by the split leagues offering something different. I think if it was like this the whole way through I'd probably be an HC player, but now, at least for PoE, I just don't see a reason to put my character on the line when I'm getting nothing different out of it.

=)
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 9, 2016, 8:46:18 PM
"
sixer wrote:

@hankinsohl

Thanks for the math! 70 alts down and no +2 :(

Yeah, I had bad luck too with this. You're probably doing the following but just in case:

If you alt a single affix check to see if it's a prefix (damage or +gem level). If the single affix is not a prefix, aug the bow since you'll get a prefix with the aug and thus a chance at +2 bow gems. If however the single affix is a prefix, just alt it once more; no need to spend an aug in this case since magic items will have at most 1 prefix and 1 suffix.
ive found that not picking up rares except accessories for unid recipe and chroma recipe work best for me... id'ing and vendoring all those rares just takes too much time, especially when that empower gem needs to be levelled. With the average rare being worth something like 10 alt shards, the profit after using that wisdom scroll isn't that much for the time invested. I think I used like 1000+ wisdom scrolls so far and only found maybe 10 rares worth more than 1alc. Just not worth it imo... best to play it like any other fast clearspeed char.
Last edited by IMSilver on Jun 10, 2016, 3:00:31 AM
If I'm going trickster in HC do I slot in a pierce gem to hit near 100% pierce (with drillneck since I cant pick up deadeye)? Would I drop increased AoE in a 5L for it if so?
Last edited by Euni on Jun 10, 2016, 5:25:24 AM
"
IMSilver wrote:
ive found that not picking up rares except accessories for unid recipe and chroma recipe work best for me... id'ing and vendoring all those rares just takes too much time, especially when that empower gem needs to be levelled. With the average rare being worth something like 10 alt shards, the profit after using that wisdom scroll isn't that much for the time invested. I think I used like 1000+ wisdom scrolls so far and only found maybe 10 rares worth more than 1alc. Just not worth it imo... best to play it like any other fast clearspeed char.

If your goal is to simply level quickly with a bump to income via magic find then this is a good strategy. Havoc and Zizran advocate leaving everything but maps, good currency, valuable uniques/cards and maybe good bases on the ground.

On the other hand Havoc et. all are just trying to level as fast as possible and dump whatever currency they find into maps and their own gear.

But if you don't pick up rares you won't find stuff like:

For me, income seems to be:
1) 15-25% from finding exalts, divines and chaos
2) 25-30% from chaos recipe, selling fuses and such
3) 15-20% from selling low value rares and junk uniques
4) 15-25% from high value rares
5) 20-25% from high value uniques, cards

I'm not very good though at quickly assessing the value of rares - I"m letting income slip by from items 3 and 4 for sure.

The value of picking up and id'ing just about all rares is going to depend heavily on how fast you can do this. Serleth has this down to an art as seen in this video.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 10, 2016, 7:38:25 AM
"
IMSilver wrote:

Something's going wrong here. Either you're not valuing your items appropriately, or you've run into the shittiest RNG I've ever seen.

I've sold 400+ chaos worth of items.

"
If I'm going trickster in HC do I slot in a pierce gem to hit near 100% pierce (with drillneck since I cant pick up deadeye)? Would I drop increased AoE in a 5L for it if so?

I would advocate taking Piercing Shots instead and using AoE as Trickster, unless you have a corrupted +arrow Drillneck. In that case, you would run Pierce or Slower Projectiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info