[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
aelm wrote:
On the other hand it is worth remembering that magic/rare/unique mobs have bonus to IIQ/IIR (can not find any info about even estimated values), so this results tolos got would be most accurate with

This actually is one of the reasons that I believe having higher item rarity ends up being statistically more valuable when running maps, since you get a bonus to item quantity off the map roll itself, and then especially if you roll modifiers such as additional magic pack, rare pack size, twinned, or exiles.

The data you pulled is specifically from Hillock runs, which see no bonus to item quantity. So it's important to factor in the map's IIQ roll into the rarity calculations.

So while our IIQ ratio of 20/300 might see a greater impact of diminishing returns from doing Dominus or Piety runs, if we're mapping we need to adjust accordingly.

So let's say we run a map that has 20% IIQ. That effectively means our ratio is actually 40/300, if I'm understanding how map quantity factors in correctly.

Looking at the table, if we were running 20/200 rarity (40/200 in the map), we would see a rare drop percentage of 12.56%. Compared to 20/300 (40/300 effective), we see a rare drop percentage of 13.62%.

Thanks to you, I can now add this into the list of the reasons I state that this build is specifically designed for solo map runs, and not Dominus runs or party play. =D Thank you again.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 15, 2015, 3:46:27 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
So while our IIQ ratio of 20/300 might see a greater impact of diminishing returns from doing Dominus or Piety runs, if we're mapping we need to adjust accordingly.

The amount of variables in this game you need to take into consideration to theorycraft anything makes me love this game even more :P

The last question I have to think about is what would be best 1% more rares or faster clear speed. But I guess with clear speed you demonstrated it would be so close it is almost irrelevant or even in favor of iiq/iir.
Last edited by aelm on Jun 15, 2015, 3:58:02 PM
"
aelm wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

The amount of variables in this game you need to take into consideration to theorycraft anything makes me love this game even more :P

The last question I have to think about is what would be best 1% more rares or faster clear speed. But I guess with clear speed you demonstrated it would be so close it is almost irrelevant or even in favor of iiq/iir.

Right?! It's why I keep playing the game =D

The way I consider it, faster clear speed is effectively like adding IIQ, since you can kill things faster, roll into the next map faster, etc.

But you would need a significantly increased clear speed imho (minimum 1 minute increase) in order to sacrifice any demonstrable amount of IIQ or IIR.

Last edited by Serleth on Jun 15, 2015, 4:03:28 PM
I've uploaded a Deathless Atziri Run with almost full MF spec - didn't *quite* have full res balance =(

With some gear tweaks, it's absolutely doable to do an Atziri run, deathless, with both Andvarius rings in. But I was a bit lacking on the fire and lightning resistance so I used a rare ring.

EDIT: I went back to clear the Apex and dropped a Rat's Nest =D
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 15, 2015, 6:53:24 PM
Any chance of posting a tweaked build that will work in HC?
Not a video, no, but you can check some guy's BM variation

or

my rough sketch of an HC mana variant

along with a tree comparison of both setups. My HC is on the right, and my SC on the left.

Basically drop the Frenzy charges, get Acro/Phase acro, use only one Andvarius instead of two, run Aurseize gloves to offset the missing rarity somewhat, and go grab the entire scion life wheel

As you can see, you get 54% more life, a little bit less base Evasion (but you would be running Grace instead of another Purity, possibly even both), etc. And you can always spec into extra evasion nodes by moving a life node or two out of the Scion Life Wheel, or other such adjustments as you see fit (dropping a bit of Increased Projectile damage for Charisma, or Cloth and Chain, etc.)

Damage is less (obviously) at the price of much better overall survivability.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 15, 2015, 11:56:53 PM
thx for the Atziri run, impressive how you survive without ruby / topaz flasks :D

missed your golem for a larger part of atziri fight, but it was hectic =)

IGN: WildTortillaFart
Resist flasks (at least for this setup) are largely for "just in case you desynch into the flameblast/stormcall" moments.

Lockstep eliminates the need for that.

=D

Trying to maintain the golem is mostly just an effective way to die by getting caught in the middle of a spell. :P Unnecessary for the fight.
A new Gold Ring teased!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1293390

The stats for the ring!

Adds 1-4 Physical Damage to Attacks
+(0 to 60) to maximum Life
(10 to -10)% reduced Quantity of Items found
(40 to -40)% reduced Rarity of Items found
+(-25 to 50)% to Fire Resistance
+(-25 to 50)% to Cold Resistance
+(-25 to 50)% to Lightning Resistance

Question Serleth

could you testedthe build with Empower lvl 4 and PA 21/20? Thanks
Last edited by vick666 on Jun 18, 2015, 12:25:33 PM
I don't think so vick, the beta got wiped just recently and getting back to even 20 PA is hard enough :D

the ring is interesting, a real Divine sink, but we'll see, I hope I'll swim in some of them soon :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info