[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
"
wraeyth wrote:
So the 30% or so Chaos Damage from a Talisman isn't worth it vs the IIR from a good Gold amulet? Good to know.

I may have missed it, but why the change from Mana Flows to Primal Spirit? I find that lately I'm having mana issues, wondering if its to do with the 20% mana regen lost when switching.

This build isn't about damage. It's about balancing MF with survivability and reasonable damage.

The increased DPS you'd get form a chaos talisman wouldn't be a significant enough boost in clear speed to warrant sacrificing the IIR.

As for the switch to Primal Spirit itself, because in 2.0 we went up to Corruption (which was then in the top right), we got more intelligence from the tree, so we needed another place to grab some int. Conveniently, it also added strength which is a minor life boost.

Also with 2.1 we got more mana per level, which was basically like adding free regen. The regen is actually BETTER in 2.1 with Primal Spirit than it was in 2.0 with Mana Flows precisely because of that mana per level.

I'm having no mana issues at all. I can't see your character so I can't pinpoint the problem. Your profile is set to private, but it will definitely be one or more of these things:

* You don't have Soul Siphon
* Your clarity is underlevelled
* You aren't using Goldwyrm yet.

Answered Seraphim via PM.

I have Soul Siphon, Clarity is lvl 10, and I'm using Goldwyrm. I believe my profile should be visible now. If not, here's my tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAO4B0QMeBS0FtQzyDkgRLxNtFAkUdRUgFr8Y2xm0Go0byB9BI_YmiCaVKk0qWyzpLYMuIy5TMHw1kjY9N9Q-zz8nQzFDNkd-SshNklFHUuxaGlpSWyZbr2HiYlpirGVNbIxuqm87dO11y3aCeA159nvDfXV_-4TZhrONfY1-jb-QCpOZnaqhIqJAo4qly6iar-u0xbTRtUi18rcwt7a7nrvjvTa95r6nwBrC7MMzxKLIDMu9z93Tb9N-1CPYvdrB3Q3fmOOE5oHqYutj7T_uDu968Yr0-Paj_ro=

I have a few 5% life nodes to hit, and the eva/life ones off of Finesse.

Part of me is wondering if I'm simply firing CA too often.
Oh THAT'S why you're so easily res capped, you're using a Ventor's.

Okay, that makes sense, I was wondering how the hell you pulled it off "easily."

Level your clarity a few more times, that'll help. Trust me, you won't be reserving too much, I have mine levelled as high as I can take it with my gear.

That'll be part of it and the other part is probably that you're using CA a bit more like a traditional bow skill instead of firing one or two arrows into a pack.

The cloud has a pretty decent duration, let it do the work for you.

I have to set off about six consecutive shots before I run out of mana.

For half a second.

Then I can fire more arrows.

So yeah, you're probably using it way too much.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I run without Soul Siphon (primarily because I don't care to level past 90, and I still want to keep some HP/evasion passives). I do run out of mana OCCASIONALLY but have never done so fatally. (Rips are always because of something else, anyway.)
Has anyone considered using the new Rigwald Quiver instead of Drillneck? It offers 50% increased damage instead of 55% (not counting Poacher's Aim because any 3-affix jewel is better than it anyways) from drillneck, we also lose 50 life and 350 evasion but gain a bit of resist and life gained on hit.
Big upside is freeing up 4 skill points from the Piercing Cluster that can be used for jewel sockets for example.
It might need some changes to the passive tree, haven't thought about it in-depth, just wondering if anyone has thought it through yet.
Yeah I'm saving up to see how it actually performs with the forking but as long as it doesn't operate like the gem and reduce projectile damage, then it should actually be better. It could allow us to drop AoE for another damage gem as well.

* Less life (fairly minor, fixable by a jewel slot with the freed nodes and an extra life node).
* Utility (no pierce, makes allies cannot die aura annoying. Again, minor).
* Res balance easier (-10% fire resistance but +lit res).

It would, however, need to be a max roll (or close to it) Quills. A 30% roll means we effectively lose -35% damage.

Poacher's Aim already gives us 25% damage and it's relatively expensive to get a tri-damage jewel.

A dual damage jewel in the other replacement slot would mean we get about 21% back. Even if we don't take an extra life node (dual damage + % life on that one jewel), we could invest that point into a 10% proj damage node and still be -4% damage.

This basically means for utility and damage, Drillneck imho still wins until at least a 40% Quills roll. Then it starts to compensate big time, especially if that "fork" allows us to increase our AoE spread.

It'd be a playstyle adjustment, for me anyway, as I don't really shoot AT enemies so much as shoot at the ground. But all in all, as long as it can reliably compensate for the AoE without a damage loss, then yes, I would switch my recommendation to Rigwald's Quills.
Welp, desktop surgery fail.
"
Serleth wrote:
Oh THAT'S why you're so easily res capped, you're using a Ventor's.

Okay, that makes sense, I was wondering how the hell you pulled it off "easily."

Level your clarity a few more times, that'll help. Trust me, you won't be reserving too much, I have mine levelled as high as I can take it with my gear.

That'll be part of it and the other part is probably that you're using CA a bit more like a traditional bow skill instead of firing one or two arrows into a pack.

The cloud has a pretty decent duration, let it do the work for you.

I have to set off about six consecutive shots before I run out of mana.

For half a second.

Then I can fire more arrows.

So yeah, you're probably using it way too much.

Fyi, I was res capped before Ventors. I have all res on almost every jewel.

I think the biggest part was constant firing, I'm reworking my playstyle and it is helping. My new amulet is a huge boon as well, with all the regen.
Is this build viable, for standard league??
"
magnort wrote:

I'm running this on Standard, yes it works very nicely.

Of course... I can't sell shit on standard. So I live from "big find" to "big find" and on alteration sales. ;/
"
magnort wrote:

Hell yes. Check out my scion. All funded from this very build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info