[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Ah, neat.

That doesn't quite make sense with how they phrased it though, because then if you put in five ilvl 76 talismans, you get... an ilvl 76 talisman.

"Slightly higher," orly.

So... basically you need to farm T13s anyway, like mad.

WELP, guess I'll start pushing my maps tomorrow.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Ah, neat.

That doesn't quite make sense with how they phrased it though, because then if you put in five ilvl 76 talismans, you get... an ilvl 76 talisman.

"Slightly higher," orly.

So... basically you need to farm T13s anyway, like mad.

WELP, guess I'll start pushing my maps tomorrow.

You can probably squeak by, by farming mostly T10 and T11 because the iLevel of a talisman dropped from an instance mob follows the same rules as other drops: same iLevel from white mob, +1 from magic mob and +2 from rare/boss.

I think talismans are mostly dropping from rares/magics for me; in fact, I'm not sure if I've had one drop from a white mob but really haven't been paying enough attention to know for sure.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 27, 2015, 5:52:16 AM
rigwald is random?
never got him
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
rigwald is random?
never got him

Talismans + Stone Circles

Five t1s > t2
Five t2s > t3
Five t3s > rigwald.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 27, 2015, 3:36:23 AM
Are you guys, really able to push 0.3 ex per hour on talisman softcore without sales ???

I must be doing something terribly wrong. Over the last 32 hours of play time, I have accumulated 4.2 exalted orbs on talisman including sales, that's an average of 0.13125 ex per hour...

I have a 5L +2 bow with IIR (no AOE gem), double andvarius and average stuff, I have 262 IIR and 18 IIQ. I'm doing maps from tiers 5 to 8, depending on what I have and what I want to do. I almost take everything that drops and do the id chaos and id regal recipes.

I'm incredibly unlucky or I am doing something wrong ? Should I do higher level maps ? Is there any trick I don't know about ?

Thanks
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Totally off topic but perhaps of interest to some
Spoiler

If you thought Incinerate was stupidly broken, you should try Bladefall. Bladefall takes OP to a whole other level.

Mover over Incinerate, there's a new sheriff in town!

I'm playing around a bit with a non-optimally respeced toon which used to be dual IW incinerate. I dropped the fire/elemental damage nodes and grabbed all the AOE nodes.

Running
Spell Totem-Bladefall-Poison-IW-Conc Effect-Controlled Destruction with dual Doon's.

Wow - this is totally broken. With level 12 bladefall and poison I'm in a Dry Peninsula map and shredding everything. It's a bit slower than my old 21/20 Incinerate setup... but not by much!

This will be my next toon on Talisman for sure... except that this is so obviously broken it will probably be nerfed very soon.

"
wichtounet wrote:
I'm incredibly unlucky or I am doing something wrong ? Should I do higher level maps ?

Check out the spoiler section of the initial post in this thread where Serleth goes into detail about how the exalts/hour calculation was made. As explained in the spoiler the exalts/hr figure is based on Standard league where 300 or so alts is worth an exalt. In new leagues, the currency values are much different and your exalts/hr will drop quite a bit.

Nevertheless, magic-find is really, really useful for wealth generation, especially in new leagues where the cost of gear is rock-bottom compared to Standard.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 27, 2015, 1:00:22 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
wichtounet wrote:
I'm incredibly unlucky or I am doing something wrong ? Should I do higher level maps ?

Check out the spoiler section of the initial post in this thread where Serleth goes into detail about how the exalts/hour calculation was made. As explained in the spoiler the exalts/hr figure is based on Standard league where 300 or so alts is worth an exalt. In new leagues, the currency values are much different and your exalts/hr will drop quite a bit.

Nevertheless, magic-find is really, really useful for wealth generation, especially in new leagues where the cost of gear is rock-bottom compared to Standard.

This. Please read the explanation Hank alluded to. I'll touch on it briefly here as well:

When I left Standard on December 11th, alts were about 360:1 in Standard, and are currently 960:1 in Talisman. Chaos to exalt ratios were roughly 45:1 (Std) to 70-75:1 presently in (Talisman).

And, believe it or not, that 40% IIR that you're missing makes a huge difference in your rate, too.

On the alt/chaos ratios alone, you should be looking at roughly 0.2-0.25ex per hour, at best, in Talisman. Keep in mind two things: that 0.3ex per hour listed in the explanation section was regarding ratios that were 15c and 10-15 fuse (per exalt) less than what Talisman SC is currently trading at. Secondly, keep in mind (generally speaking) that challenge league prices compensate for the exchange rate differences. Take for example Apep's Rage, which you aren't getting for any cheaper than 20c in Standard, and probably spending very close to an exalt on average.

You can get it right now for 2 chaos in Talisman.

Whatever difference you're seeing in not being at roughly 0.2ex/hr comes from the fact that you're missing about 40% IIR and whatever extra time that you're taking during vendor trips, whether you're a smoker, how often you alt-tab to check a stream or look something up, etc. One thing I forgot to include in that explanation is that it does assume you are efficient with your identification, vendoring, and sorting process.

If you go look at my Inventory & Stash Management video, you'll see exactly how long I take vendoring. It's a ridiculously short time frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DR37M70GuU

The first vendor trip at ~9:25 is slow for me. I deliberately did it slowly to showcase and talk through the mental process that undergoes my vendor trips. Some people remarked on that timestamp that it was incredibly fast.

The trip at ~12:15 was closer to my normal speed, but still slow so people could quickly glimpse the rolls on items as I was talking through them.

Based on viewer feedback, I'm spending anywhere between five and forty seconds LESS than they are on vendor trips. I didn't realize initially how quickly I was doing them compared to others. Those seconds can add up and could also be a contributing factor in the difference.

@ Hank

Spoiler
They won't actually rebalance a skill until Ascendency. Things like CA + Poison were different: those were bugs. So you should be able to pwn face with Bladefall for the next 2.5 months just fine.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 27, 2015, 1:48:30 PM
finally found zana strongbox to corrupt. apparently it appeared all 20 quality one :)
No rest for the wicked
Thanks for the guide! I didn't want to play another tornado-shot ranger so I figured I'd give caustic arrow a try. Pretty useless for early leveling, and I used ice shot more-or-less until lvl 51, after which I switched to a bow with +2 to bow skills handed down from another character (though only 4 links) and things have started to melt. I hope it will stay that way...

Any suggestions/comment/critiques on where to go from here:

My plan is to go over to the Duelist nodes, even though the Scion life wheel is tempting. I play exclusively solo/HC/self-found (with some transfers between characters) so I'm looking for a solid defensive build that can do maps comfortably with equipment that I can reasonably find or craft myself. Extreme MF isn't required. I'm also not too worried about getting extra Frenzy changes or more than a few jewel nodes.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info