[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Kingdestiny wrote:
I agree. I've been building more risky lately because I've played the beta and it's way easier to full evade now. I don't have to rely so much on the actual evade stat. I can just simply walk out of the way of all the attacks in the game.

Tbh, this is exactly why my original tree didn't even bother with Acrobatics. Manual mechanic play = Acro with Lockstep on =D

With Acro, I can imagine it's going to get super lolsy.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Serleth, I would like to thank you for valuable information and I appreciate you are discussing actively all possibilities and variants. I can learn a lot from this. I am looking forward to try your build once 2.0 is up and because I dont have much experience to create my own build I always appreciate detailed tutorials and explanations and yours build sounds very promising.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Serleth, I would like to thank you for valuable information and I appreciate you are discussing actively all possibilities and variants. I can learn a lot from this. I am looking forward to try your build once 2.0 is up and because I dont have much experience to create my own build I always appreciate detailed tutorials and explanations and yours build sounds very promising.

Thanks! Of course it couldn't have achieved the refine state it has without thorough discussion and investigation by the community so I thank everyone for their support, questions, and suggestions that have led to the final state of the build we see today =)
Serleth. I've seen that abyssal cry works super well with poison arrow a few different times. I was wondering do you know if it's possible to throw IIR and such on it? To where when enemies explode upon dieing and kill each other if they will get IIR? It seems like a longshot. But it'd work a lot better without me having to cycle through 3 skills every single time.

Poison arrow, abyssal cry, split>cull. something like that. I prefer to get as much as I can out of poison arrow since it really needs the gem bases to get to high amounts of damage that other builds do.

Haha Infact. If the summon was more reliable. I'd just throw it to him. Golem>iAoE>Cull>IIR. To bad they like to move around slow as dirt.
Last edited by Kingdestiny on Jul 6, 2015, 5:52:00 PM
"
Kingdestiny wrote:
Serleth. I've seen that abyssal cry works super well with poison arrow a few different times. I was wondering do you know if it's possible to throw IIR and such on it? To where when enemies explode upon dieing and kill each other if they will get IIR? It seems like a longshot. But it'd work a lot better without me having to cycle through 3 skills every single time.

Poison arrow, abyssal cry, split>cull. something like that. I prefer to get as much as I can out of poison arrow since it really needs the gem bases to get to high amounts of damage that other builds do.

Haha Infact. If the summon was more reliable. I'd just throw it to him. Golem>iAoE>Cull>IIR. To bad they like to move around slow as dirt.

I'm not at all certain about Abyssal + IIR actually. But if it doesn't work, anything killed by the Abyssal explosion would result in an IIR loss (if you're running IIR on a 6L).

It doesn't matter that much when you're still 5L / not using the IIR gem.

I'm inclined to believe that since it's still an active skill gem that it would work? But don't quote me on that.
"
Serleth wrote:

I'm not at all certain about Abyssal + IIR actually. But if it doesn't work, anything killed by the Abyssal explosion would result in an IIR loss (if you're running IIR on a 6L).

I'm inclined to believe that since it's still an active skill gem that it would work? But don't quote me on that.

That's what I'm afraid of too. It's not like it tells you, "Hey your losing IIR" lol. It's not exactly a hit. But it isn't a degen. It does actually eventually do damage.

"This includes deaths caused from Minion Instability explosions." That's what the page listed on IIR. So..it works on minions blowing up. So possibly also on enemies blowing up? Hard to know. No ones tested it.
Last edited by Kingdestiny on Jul 6, 2015, 6:26:08 PM
thoughts on blood rage nerf?
"
InVeritas wrote:
thoughts on blood rage nerf?

Whatever. It was expected, and we'll be clearing fast enough that it'll be irrelevant.
Could you expand a bit on leveling with this char? I find it extremely slow and boring.. i'm using a crappy bow with poison arrow and fire trap.

also is the DoT of PA calculated by the first hit like with flameblast's burn?
"
Ishamz wrote:
Could you expand a bit on leveling with this char? I find it extremely slow and boring.. i'm using a crappy bow with poison arrow and fire trap.

also is the DoT of PA calculated by the first hit like with flameblast's burn?

I'm working on it. Go to the first page and the second post.

And no, cloud DoT is completely separate and has nothing to do with the bow's actual damage. Only the initial hit and explosion generated by PA is affected by the bow's damage but the cloud itself is purely gem level. Which is what we scale.

Weirdly enough projectile damage scales it but /shrug, works for us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info