[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Chridian wrote:
I'm level 53 now and I have started to notice that I have to spam my mana pot (I removed the points because I stopped using flame totem)
Would you recommend taking the mana node "Mana flows" already then since its quite annoying or just ride it out?
edit: tried taking that node and it didnt help at all so im guessing its soul siphon?

Yeah, Soul Siphon is key to dropping the mana pot.

@asbo96:

* Better life/res on your quiver until Drillneck
* Similar gloves but with IIR
* Leather belt instead of cloth
* IIR boots until Goldwyrm

Just small tweaks if you can while you still push levels. Nothing critical other than getting better life on that quiver imho, 92% IIR is solid at this point for you.

"
horizon21 wrote:
a) I have 3994 life. I could use some more but no idea how without lacking resists or stats (str, int) somewhere.

b)
Jungle Valley Map - Spinner of False Hope. That guy pwns me.
Orchard Map - Tunneltrap. 2 consecutive deaths with careful kiting.
Labyrinth Map - Sallazzang. Instakill.
Malformation Map - Nightmare Manifest - pretty much instagibs me.

So far that's how far I've gone. My highest map is lvl 78 and I have not played it yet for fear of dying and losing xp.

Okay so the standard bosses, although with your flasks you actually will be able to crush Spinner with just getting more life (4.8 or so). Orchard's just a matter of practice and dodging. If you get hit, you die, but you can do that fight without getting hit. Sallazing is a question mark. With 4.8-5k you should survive one salvo without ripping. I think Malformation is the same deal, can't recall quickly.

But yeah, 4k is super low. I think I might need to make it more clear somewhere in the OP that since we're MFing, we actually want to have a better balance between survivability and damage, because burning portals is like losing currency.

And then there's the leveling issues, too. So yeah:

* Drop the Duelist and Shadow frenzy nodes to get four more life points out of Scion. I personally think Frenzy charges are last, except for the Ranger one since you get eva % per charge.
* Drop two of the ranger proj nodes to get the last two scion life nodes
* Drop the last ranger 10% proj node to get the life node below Golem's blood.

That should put you somewhere between 4.6-5k life. At which point fear of death is a lot less.

That's how I did it while levelling. I'm 94 right now, and I just dropped a boatload of damage nodes to get all the life nodes I could, and played smarter. Now I don't care about levelling so I removed the life nodes to go back into damage. I'm at 4.9-5k or something and can still do Sallazing and Spinner no problems.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 2, 2015, 4:17:37 PM
Awesome thanks for your help so far man the build is working out pretty ok.

Heres my gear now.

Gear

I get around 2.1k dps with my poison arrow. Im sitting at 2.7k life im not really having any mana problems. Looking to get a cwdt,ic,id,vul set up but chromes are not helping me :p

110 rarity and 8 quantity.

I still have to upgrade my quiver and my moving towards acro atm so looking forward to leveling up.
For Hardcore I wouldn't even bother with Blazon at this point, unless you need the attributes. I'd stick with a leather belt with high life. 8% quant is nice but it's not enough to risk ripping until you get the build more complete. Unless you're comfortable and experienced with it, of course.
What is a good "plan B" skill to use for those "kill target, but don't kill bodyguards" Vorici missions? My damage with any other skill is pretty pathetic, so I currently don't even attempt these, but it feels like a waste.

How much does crafting a +3 6L bow on your own cost, approximately (the +3 part, to be exact)? The cheapest one on poe.trade sells for 16.5 ex right now. I was thinking that getting a level 4 Empower may actually be a better investment, since the cheapest one sells for 28 ex right now (and it takes ages to get Empower even to level 2).
"
CommanderZ wrote:
What is a good "plan B" skill to use for those "kill target, but don't kill bodyguards" Vorici missions? My damage with any other skill is pretty pathetic, so I currently don't even attempt these, but it feels like a waste.

How much does crafting a +3 6L bow on your own cost, approximately (the +3 part, to be exact)? The cheapest one on poe.trade sells for 16.5 ex right now. I was thinking that getting a level 4 Empower may actually be a better investment, since the cheapest one sells for 28 ex right now (and it takes ages to get Empower even to level 2).

a) I investigate who the exile is. If it's a fast-moving melee character (Darkshroud, Armios, etc) you can kite them away from the guards pretty easy. If it's a caster / ranger, I just kill for the loot and move on. There really is no good secondary skill unless you grab a spare +3 bow or Quill Rain and are super confident in your EA control.

b) Read the FAQ. Details are there.
"
CommanderZ wrote:

How much does crafting a +3 6L bow on your own cost, approximately (the +3 part, to be exact)?

I'm sitting on a +2 bow right now with the appropriate Catarina mod (waiting for another exalt so I can add the +1 all gems). It took me about 65 alterations to get the +2 bow skills, 1 regal to make rare, and 1 exalt for the Catarina mod. Add in another exalt to get the +1 all gems (once I get it).

This is the actual cost minus my screw ups. Don't do like I did. Make sure that before you add the Catarina meta mod that you use poeaffix.com (or some other site) to make certain that you have 3 suffixes on your bow(*) before you drop that exalt. I screwed up and wasted 2 ex by having an open suffix slot that got taken instead of getting the +1 all gems prefix. Had to start over with that bow.

* - Note that Catarina's "Cannot roll attack mods" is a suffix. So, you need 2 suffixes before adding that mod. As long as you get +2 bow and any suffix while bow is blue, then you need the regal to add a suffix and you're good.
Last edited by Thaelyn on Sep 3, 2015, 6:48:27 AM
Hi Serleth,

I did as you suggested and am sitting on 4.5k life atm, which is much better. I think in order to get more life I need to drop the Aurseize in favor of rare life+mf+cold+light res gloves.
So I have an Added Chaos Damage gem. Would it be a good idea to replace on of my bow gems and put the chaos damage gem in it's place?

I was thinking Empower since I only have a level 1 empower I am trying to level. What are your thoughts?
Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well may be, Added Chaos will not scale your cloud dps. I think it will only add a splash of chaos damage to the initial arrow but not impact the cloud degen.

If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.
"
Thaelyn wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well may be, Added Chaos will not scale your cloud dps. I think it will only add a splash of chaos damage to the initial arrow but not impact the cloud degen.

If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.

You'r right. Serleth already answered that only the initial hit take adventage of "Added Chaos" gem

Keep Empower
Last edited by tiarel35 on Sep 3, 2015, 10:35:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info