[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Shinare wrote:
"
sage2050 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Shinare wrote:
Bought a +2 bow last night and regaled it.

Unfortunately I went through my entire stash of chromes trying to get BBBGG. I got BBRGG twice but was trying for the IIR gem rather than empower. Probably a mistake. Oh well. I will save up more chromes and try again and be happy with the first one of those two I get heh.

I'm hoping this will up my cloud DPS considerably, as well as let me leach again and allow me to craft some resistance into it.

in case you hit BBRGG again, throw in iron grip if you don't have a lvl 2 empower.

Will do, I do have a level 1 empower but its nowhere near level 2, heh.

It sucks looking back on the excitement I had purchasing that +2 bow for 5c (to me a good deal) last night and going through all those chromes. I probably went through 250 of them. That's probably the equivalent of just purchasing an already nice BBBGG 5L +2 bow heh. Although I have no idea how many chromes to chaos in warbands right now. Oh well, you live and you learn.

I do have "3 blue sockets" master crafting but my luck is so poor when it comes to that stuff in this game that I probably owuld have gotten BBBRG and I would have been out a bunch. But, after all that I am out a bunch anyway. Was trying to play the odds and lost. :) oh well.

using vorici "at least 1 blue socket" has the best returns on getting the proper colors
http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
"
Shinare wrote:
Was trying to play the odds and lost. :) oh well.

You weren't super unlucky. I added your bow's stats to this calculator:
http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Your best chance would have been using Vorici 1B which leads to an average cost of 127 chromatics. By simply spamming chromatics the average costs increase to 181.

I myself tried colouring my 6L bow RGGBBB and it took about 1500 chroms (average was 345) :)
Geeze I didn't even think about vorici's thing being AT LEAST one blue socket... meaning there can be more. Well, I'll farm up some more chrome and give it a try. Thanks for the tip!
With the absolutely ridiculous price of goldwyrms (3ex PLEASE) should I be using Sadimas and Perandus Blazon as placeholders and focus on getting Andvarius first? I have capped resists at the moment and about 140% IIR and 24 IIQ. Would rather spend the currency getting more IIR than go broke for those boots. Unless I get the boots first then transition into IIR gloves along with it. Not exactly sure where I want to go from here as I need to convert tons of currency to exalts to be able to afford any new pieces.

I'm doing a weapon swap with a culling flame totem , when I remember, on bosses for an extra 90% IIR to fill the void.
Last edited by LaRevenant on Aug 18, 2015, 6:06:47 PM
-msgdltd-
Last edited by m0tY on Aug 18, 2015, 8:03:54 PM
"
LaRevenant wrote:
With the absolutely ridiculous price of goldwyrms (3ex PLEASE) should I be using Sadimas and Perandus Blazon as placeholders and focus on getting Andvarius first? I have capped resists at the moment and about 140% IIR and 24 IIQ. Would rather spend the currency getting more IIR than go broke for those boots. Unless I get the boots first then transition into IIR gloves along with it. Not exactly sure where I want to go from here as I need to convert tons of currency to exalts to be able to afford any new pieces.

I'm doing a weapon swap with a culling flame totem , when I remember, on bosses for an extra 90% IIR to fill the void.

Yeah Sadima / Blazon is fine in the interim but you will need to swap to a rare belt for the second Andvarius. By that point you should be able to farm up for a Goldwyrm relatively quickly.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Woot! Only 187 chromes later using vorici's at least 1 blue. And I KID YOU NOT I got BBBRG once in my first 100 chromes. WTF? lol

Is the iron will actually helping? it doesnt change the cloud damage number.

Edit: PS My cloud damage went up from 2,100 to 3,700 dps. 6 frenzy + rally = 5,100dps

Thats a lot better, but still seems kinda low. Gonna try and get IIR gear now.
Last edited by Shinare on Aug 18, 2015, 8:35:11 PM
Hi I don't know if this question has been asked, but why do you get Soul Siphon over Primal Spirit.

Aside from the mana on kill and 3% max mana primal spirit seems overall way better.

Does that mana on kill make it better than 20% mana regen 20% flask charges gained and 20 str and int (discounting the mana gained from int because you get that mana on siphon)?
Last edited by Valnar01 on Aug 18, 2015, 8:17:20 PM
"
Valnar01 wrote:
Hi I don't know if this question has been asked, but why do you get Soul Siphon over Primal Spirit.

Aside from the mana on kill and 3% max mana primal spirit seems overall way better.

Does that mana on kill make it better than 20% mana regen 20% flask charges gained and 20 str and int (discounting the mana gained from int because you get that mana on siphon)?

20% mana regen really isn't that much, you don't need the str, flask charges gained you will find is almost never a concern, meaning that the MgoK from Soul Siphon allows you to be less reliant on Clarity a lot earlier.

As in 20 levels earlier.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Valnar01 wrote:

20% mana regen really isn't that much, you don't need the str, flask charges gained you will find is almost never a concern, meaning that the MgoK from Soul Siphon allows you to be less reliant on Clarity a lot earlier.

As in 20 levels earlier.

I see, thanks for the response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info