Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

"
Mastodonic wrote:
"
Vadler wrote:
Rathpith is pretty cheap on the permanent leagues because there are already so many of them but in temp leagues, where the rarity of this shield was increased by a lot, it became insanely valuable, especially in Tempest where it's a very powerful HC item, which is why its price got up to 25 ex.

Any reference to permanent leagues, especially standard can be disregarded. If the build isnt viable on the new leagues without spending 25 ex then it's not a build. With the cheap OP crap and legacy items on standard you can randomly assign skill points all over the tree and make a build work.

Hello i'm level 74 in tempest at the moment, i do not have raphit or rainbowstride (i'm poor y :p), but the build still rocks ! i'm at 47% block and 23% spell block at the moment with mom and tons of ES, i'm fine in maps, facetanking the unique bosses =)

"
pvpa wrote:
Hello, i was wondering around what level you should switch to MoM/EB/GR? i am currently a 65 and had to link blood magic to my incinerate because i couldnt sustain mana after i respec'd out of dual totem

I personnaly sitched to Mom/EB/GR around level 64, was bored of dual flame totem ^^
I had 600 ES at that time, way enough to sustain a 5L incinerate. Watch out for damage though, you can get to 0% ES quite quickly, but nothing is a big deal around this level (farming library or docks is so easy with this spec => i was facetanking the unique dock boss without taking any damage ^^ Was quite hilarious).
I'm using purity of lighting+fire though, i'm no using anger + herald of ice, seemed not worth to me, survivability first in tempest ! But i you play in warbands or standard, sure, enjoy the DPS mate =)
Felt the need to add something for softcore/warbands. If you are using a tabula... swap to eb once you break 400-500 in es gear. I started this build with a tabula and disregarded the leveling guide posted, that's a guide only meant for hardcore, (and I would likely play dual flame totems then re-spec into this after flame totems got boring, but hey! new mtx)

Last edited by XGhoul on Jul 27, 2015, 5:56:49 AM
Are people simply not taking block nodes and not using block jewels anymore? People are talking about 21k+ dps and here I am with a 68% spell damage shield and level 21 incinerate and I only get 14k dps with 3 frenzy charges and promise flask up.

I prefer just one area of block nodes, no block on jewels and running with rumi's, or even 2x rumi's and saving hell load of points that can be spend on life or damage as I'm not playing on hardcore.
In game: gg_wp_easy
SHOP: view-thread/1685674
I'm in Warbands, but using his tempest skill tree. No Rumi's and I have %60 block %30 spell bolck (only have stone of laz). I like the build a lot, can't seem to get any maps higher than 73.

The only thing is, I've been one-shotted three times here at end game. All three times were "WTF" moments when I cant even explain what happened. Once in aother person's level 76 zana. Must have got a lucky crit on me and I have no idea what the map mods were. Was doing with no problem until the one shot.

Second One shot was in the only level 73 map I've ever gotten. Had done the abyssal cry as always, the entire group surrounding me died at the exact same time and I died as well. Have no idea what caused that.

Third time was I don't even know what happened. Was tooling along in a low level map (of course) and just got one shotted out of the blue. No idea why.

3.8k HP, 1700 ES (MoM)

Tooltip damage is 7,700.

Block %60 (with TempestShield), Spell Block %30. I don't see myself getting anymore block than that. Are others getting more block?

75% capped tri-res with +%19 Chaos res

My current EQ If you want to look

Is there a way to link gems from tree on here or do I have to remove them from tree to link them?
"
Shinare wrote:
I'm in Warbands, but using his tempest skill tree. No Rumi's and I have %60 block %30 spell bolck (only have stone of laz). I like the build a lot, can't seem to get any maps higher than 73.

The only thing is, I've been one-shotted three times here at end game. All three times were "WTF" moments when I cant even explain what happened. Once in aother person's level 76 zana. Must have got a lucky crit on me and I have no idea what the map mods were. Was doing with no problem until the one shot.

Second One shot was in the only level 73 map I've ever gotten. Had done the abyssal cry as always, the entire group surrounding me died at the exact same time and I died as well. Have no idea what caused that.

Third time was I don't even know what happened. Was tooling along in a low level map (of course) and just got one shotted out of the blue. No idea why.

3.8k HP, 1700 ES (MoM)

Tooltip damage is 7,700.

Block %60 (with TempestShield), Spell Block %30. I don't see myself getting anymore block than that. Are others getting more block?

75% capped tri-res with +%19 Chaos res

My current EQ If you want to look

Is there a way to link gems from tree on here or do I have to remove them from tree to link them?

I'm using the Tempest tree in Warbands as well. I don't have Rathpith, so sitting at 55% block and 41% spell block. I only have block chance on about half of my jewels, but they are nice enough for now until I can sustain higher maps. I don't see this happening any time soon because as soon as I find a level 75 or 76, only lower maps will drop. This is with high rolled rare maps too. My next step to get higher maps would be finding a group to run with to make the drops better. I'm having a hard time finding decent people that aren't A-Holes to run with.

I haven't been one shotted lately since I took more life and chaos res. The Chaos res has made a huge difference in my survivability. The only thing that gets sketchy sometimes is corrupting blood, or corrupted bloodlines which I have two bleed flasks for. But I also haven't run maps higher than 76. In fact, I've only run one 76 map. Bad rng for me, I can't seem to get anything higher.

I'm level 85, 4.7k hp, 1900 es. Tooltip dmg with anger and HoI is 8.1k with LMP and 11.9k with slower proj. All of my incinerate gems are at 20%, but still leveling a few.

I would have to completely overhaul my setup if I obtained a rathpith by some miracle, so I think I'll just work on higher maps right now and see if I can get better luck finding them. I might try Atziri at level 90 with this setup.

Here's my tree and current gear:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAO4EswUtBx4JMwthDPcRlhQgFSAZtBo-Ht8qTSzpLYMtqC5TL8wy0TWSPC0_J0CgQzFFR0ZxR35JUUmxSshPVlBHWlJfP19qZU1nm2jybqpvO3Ttdct4DXk5eu97w37if8aCHoMJg1-DzITZhTKGs4hCjX6P-pMnlS6bXaEvogComqmVrK-uPq9ssZCzP7QMtfK3PrfWvTa-gL6Kvqe-vMAawGbAv8GCwcXGrsrTzZjQ0NE202_Xz9i92sHbC9tZ5FHp1epi6-7vDu-I8B_w1fKX-Tf-Cg==?accountName=Tynie&characterName=TynieB

I am in Tempest and level 93 at the moment. I've done many different Incinerate builds in the past all to high levels in only HC leagues, up to level 98.

First off, this is one of the lowest damage incinerate builds I've ever done. Part of it is because of the patch changes but mostly because you can afford almost nothing into damage with this build if you go for max block.

I have some very good gear in some slots and average in others. I spent a ton of exalts. Here are some key stats:

Life: 5492
ES: 2240 (not enough btw for full MoM effect even at 100% ES)
Effective health: 7732
Block: 70/75 (with Tempest Shield active)
Tooltip dps: 12,343.7 (with Anger and Herald of Ice on)

Gear:
Spoiler

I bought the Rathpith before the "day of dupe" so it was very expensive but they are going down. I have 5 jewels with 1% shield block. I could get to 72% block but I feel that I need the life from the other two gems since we get so little from the tree. I am thinking getting rid of one of the jewels that requires 2 points to get to to get Foresight (the would be 20% ES and +20 ES) so that I am taking full advantage of MoM for the big hits. It'll be more effective than 5%+5% health from Scion wheel, for example, for that one shot.

Maps? Pretty much no problem. You can tank most stuff and the very few things you can't you can easily kite. I just did a -15% max, double dmg level 78 Precinct and had no issues. I did a 77 Necropolis with double Merveil, 30/25 boss buff, 31/38/30 zone wide mob buff, +86% lightning dmg. I didn't kite. I just face tanked both of her, only moving when an ice storm was on me or when she moved.

I love the maneuverability and tankiness of this build. I am still a little disappointed in the damage. It is much lower than all the other top end ladder builds. I can't see myself sacrificing for more damage because the point that must be used for the 70/75 block are so specific and without that block this build is not very good. You guys going low block really should go to another build if you are not even going block nodes. For example, you might as well go into the shadow and ranger area for the damage and you'll get 24k dps off 5 link. The block is essential for long term survivability. Of course I am talking about HC league. You need to be sure.

My next step is getting a 6 link coil and a ~400 ES helm to make up for the lost chest ES. I may not get there because they are so expensive but I am looking out for that.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Haderach99 wrote:

I am a little unclear on how people are getting so much block. I'm level 83 and have gotten all the shield block nodes in the tempest build tree posted in OP, and I bought a 29% block shield. Also, 5 of my 7 jewels are %1 block jewels with only two for damage and life.

My block is only 60/30 with tempest shield active. Am I missing a block node on the tree we are supposed to be getting?

Here is my passive tree
"
Haderach99 wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the detailed write-up, that was informative. 12k tooltip doesn't sound so bad if it comes with high survivability and the ability to run basically every map mod.
"
Shinare wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:

I am a little unclear on how people are getting so much block. I'm level 83 and have gotten all the shield block nodes in the tempest build tree posted in OP, and I bought a 29% block shield. Also, 5 of my 7 jewels are %1 block jewels with only two for damage and life.

My block is only 60/30 with tempest shield active. Am I missing a block node on the tree we are supposed to be getting?

Here is my passive tree

You're missing Command of Steel, which is 4% block and a lot of ES for 3 points. You can also get a 4% block implicit on amulets and craft 2% block on gloves with Haku.
I`m use close build for this in warbands and currently reach lvl95. Very tanky, good enough dps to do any endgame content. I currently clear any maps up to 82 except a core map that i never seen. This build can do any mods with some concentration, but i personally prefer to reroll ele reflect and blood magic. Also will be able to do uber when i`ll improve some gear and get double curse lazhwar.

Build that i use

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Have 55/59 block that is 75/75 with rumi, i think it`s enough and investments in some dps gave me more.
6496hp, 2547es, overcapped resists with eleweakness on high tier maps, 21,239k dps under rumi&promise + flame golem that have close to 100% uptime with cwdt setup.

Some problem is chaos damage, so i need to change my belt and gloves for chaos res ones.

Cwdt setups: CWDT-TempChains(8)-flame golem-firestorm, CWDT-BallOfLightning-GMP-Blind(this 2nd setup is insane, once u tried it u will see permablind on most of enemies on the screen)

Vall discipline helps to do -60% regen maps, it`s much better then vaal haste when u have 6L, cause u have cast speed cap on incinerate (20 cast per second), it was easy to reach when cast speed with fire skills on jewels was bugged and applied twice.

Don`t use blood magic on whirling blades, u always have es regenerated by life leech in fight and u can run full map without loosing all es.

For better sustainability u can use Chaos Golem, Molten Shell on cwdt, double curse lazhwar with enfeeble.

This build starts to work with very cheap gear, u only need lazhwar, cybil, some es/life/resists on ur gear. Ty for build that i used as idea of my current build.
Last edited by strikeg2 on Jul 27, 2015, 4:03:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info