Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Never played incinerate b4, I just tried the 1.3 version of this build to feel it. got 72/75 block, 4500hp. use HOI/HOT/Clarity/Tempest shield. Pretty easy to sustain the mana with old clarity and some mana regen from tree and gear (I understand it's not possible in 2.0). life leech in 5L and VP, it's already very tanky, face wrecking normal atziri with no problem. I just feel the damage is a little bit low, I am not comparing it to my other low life mjolner discharge build, cuz it's differnt build cost and mjolner got a huge hit in 2.0. I just wonder how comparable between 1.3 GMP shotgunning and 2.0 new incinerate? I might have about 22% less spell dmg and 5 less cast speed from the tree (yours 42% spell dmg vs mine 20% ele dmg).

I know your char is even tankier, and the defense of your build is the real spotlight. But I also want to know how to build it with more dps.

Here is my 1.3 experimental laboratory rat: gear and tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwDHgUtBjkIZwkzC2EM9w-rFSAWvxmKGbQaPhutHNwe3x9BJIsmlSo4LOktRy2DL8w1kjY9Oq064TwtPQ894kCgR35I7krITUZN409WUEJRYFM1VUtaUl4TXz9gS2HiYqxi7GVNbIxtbG6qb4R07XgNeK55OXloeu99dX7if8aCHoTZhO-IQow2lwabXZu1naqmV6iaqW6playvr6ezP7TFtfK3PrvjvTa-ir6nvrzAv8EEwYLBxcSixPbGrsrT0TbTfti92wviLOnV73ryRfKX8wb2o_uq_gr-uv8c
"
cutejerk wrote:
Never played incinerate b4, I just tried the 1.3 version of this build to feel it. got 72/75 block, 4500hp. use HOI/HOT/Clarity/Tempest shield. Pretty easy to sustain the mana with old clarity and some mana regen from tree and gear (I understand it's not possible in 2.0). life leech in 5L and VP, it's already very tanky, face wrecking normal atziri with no problem. I just feel the damage is a little bit low, I am not comparing it to my other low life mjolner discharge build, cuz it's differnt build cost and mjolner got a huge hit in 2.0. I just wonder how comparable between 1.3 GMP shotgunning and 2.0 new incinerate? I might have about 22% less spell dmg and 5 less cast speed from the tree (yours 42% spell dmg vs mine 20% ele dmg).

I know your char is even tankier, and the defense of your build is the real spotlight. But I also want to know how to build it with more dps.

Here is my 1.3 experimental laboratory rat: gear and tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwDHgUtBjkIZwkzC2EM9w-rFSAWvxmKGbQaPhutHNwe3x9BJIsmlSo4LOktRy2DL8w1kjY9Oq064TwtPQ894kCgR35I7krITUZN409WUEJRYFM1VUtaUl4TXz9gS2HiYqxi7GVNbIxtbG6qb4R07XgNeK55OXloeu99dX7if8aCHoTZhO-IQow2lwabXZu1naqmV6iaqW6playvr6ezP7TFtfK3PrvjvTa-ir6nvrzAv8EEwYLBxcSixPbGrsrT0TbTfti92wviLOnV73ryRfKX8wb2o_uq_gr-uv8c

Interesting post, hmmm..

Very hard for me to compare dps of your build with mine, I recommend you go to the videos section, check the atziri speed run, look at the kill speed, and then try to do the same yourself, and compare times. Thats going to give you a more accurate view than what I can tell you off the top of my head, 2.0 changed a lot of things, incinerate base cast time was insanely buffed, new Anger aura, jewels giving damage, cybils itself was buffed... too many things to take into account, so again, my advice is check the speedrun and replicate it yourself, and compare.

I'm impressed that you were able to achieve such a high block without block jewels. I completely forgot that you can craft block in gloves with a Haku Level 7, i'm not entirely sure if thats still possible in the Beta, but I'll keep it in mind for sure.

You are going to need a good Hubris and some nice high ES gloves, also rings with ES and elreon crafted %ES, if you're planning to use Coil/Steps combo, which is something I will totally aim for in the ultra game.

The way ES stacks with MoM in the beta just encourages you to stack a ton of ES, which makes you exponentially more tanky than what you could achieve on Live with just mana.

Thanks for your post and the 1.3 science for comparison
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Updated the Passive tree section, added 2 versions of the tree depending on how many jewels you have
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Hey, i've a little question. Can you explain why you use this 4 link - 4L: Cast when Damage Taken Level 1 - Ball Lightning Level 1 - Firestorm Level 1 - GMP i'm kinda lost about the use of it in the build. I understand that you are ultra faceroll tank so Cast When Damage Taken is a good thing but why with those spell coz lv 1 with your spell damage they don't do any damage do they ?

And one little more question what do you think about your clearspeed ? Like for farming Divination card do you think you kill fast enough or not really ?

Thanks in advance for the reply.
"
yotmato wrote:

Interesting post, hmmm..

Very hard for me to compare dps of your build with mine, I recommend you go to the videos section, check the atziri speed run, look at the kill speed, and then try to do the same yourself, and compare times. Thats going to give you a more accurate view than what I can tell you off the top of my head, 2.0 changed a lot of things, incinerate base cast time was insanely buffed, new Anger aura, jewels giving damage, cybils itself was buffed... too many things to take into account, so again, my advice is check the speedrun and replicate it yourself, and compare.

I'm impressed that you were able to achieve such a high block without block jewels. I completely forgot that you can craft block in gloves with a Haku Level 7, i'm not entirely sure if thats still possible in the Beta, but I'll keep it in mind for sure.

You are going to need a good Hubris and some nice high ES gloves, also rings with ES and elreon crafted %ES, if you're planning to use Coil/Steps combo, which is something I will totally aim for in the ultra game.

The way ES stacks with MoM in the beta just encourages you to stack a ton of ES, which makes you exponentially more tanky than what you could achieve on Live with just mana.

I think you do kill faster, according to the trio fight, i would say you are about 30% faster. but it's hard to compare, beside what you mentioned above, you got 6L vs my 5L, and we got gear and tree difference. But I have a feeling that GGG has twisted the new incinerate dmg well, I feel it's even more powerful without shotgunning,
Yeah, I do think 16% dodge on top of 75% block is awesome, especially for atziri. I just sit in the double flame blast, only died once in 4 runs, it doesn't matter if I use flask, that thing will one shot me no matter what, if the dodge/block don't work. So the chance to survive that is pretty high. It should provide good error tolerance for Uber too. I don't want to try it using this build, since it will be so slow for my dps, and it's pointless to risk 6ex to prove an obsolete build.

BTW, why don't you use the new chaos golem for the 4% additional phys reduction? I understand you have very limited gem slots, and non-link golem can be instantly killed. But isn't better just put it in one of your cwdt link, so it's summoned whenever you got hurt.
"
Zero5944 wrote:
Hey, i've a little question. Can you explain why you use this 4 link - 4L: Cast when Damage Taken Level 1 - Ball Lightning Level 1 - Firestorm Level 1 - GMP i'm kinda lost about the use of it in the build. I understand that you are ultra faceroll tank so Cast When Damage Taken is a good thing but why with those spell coz lv 1 with your spell damage they don't do any damage do they ?

And one little more question what do you think about your clearspeed ? Like for farming Divination card do you think you kill fast enough or not really ?

It's for the life gain per hit by your spells from the Cybil's Paw.
"
cutejerk wrote:
"
yotmato wrote:

Interesting post, hmmm..

I think you do kill faster, according to the trio fight, i would say you are about 30% faster. but it's hard to compare, beside what you mentioned above, you got 6L vs my 5L, and we got gear and tree difference. But I have a feeling that GGG has twisted the new incinerate dmg well, I feel it's even more powerful without shotgunning,
Yeah, I do think 16% dodge on top of 75% block is awesome, especially for atziri. I just sit in the double flame blast, only died once in 4 runs, it doesn't matter if I use flask, that thing will one shot me no matter what, if the dodge/block don't work. So the chance to survive that is pretty high. It should provide good error tolerance for Uber too. I don't want to try it using this build, since it will be so slow for my dps, and it's pointless to risk 6ex to prove an obsolete build.

BTW, why don't you use the new chaos golem for the 4% additional phys reduction? I understand you have very limited gem slots, and non-link golem can be instantly killed. But isn't better just put it in one of your cwdt link, so it's summoned whenever you got hurt.

You can't trigger golems with cwdt I don't think, they were funny at first... after a while they became annoying, and you need to invest extra to keep them alive for relevant amounts of time, and as you said i just dont have the sockets for it.

30% faster you say? Hmmm that means its comparable then, 6l faster casting adds a good chunk of dps, but the overall feel is the same if you dont have one, just takes a bit longer thats it, without 6l my speedrun time was around 5.45 minutes.

The double flameblast is a bitch, it has an insane damage range, sometimes i survive with 1.5k-2k hp, sometimes she oneshots me, definately not recommended to gamble your life in hardcore, with lockstep and whirling blades its insanely easy to move out of the way
(✿◠‿◠)
"
Zero5944 wrote:

For farming divination cards? Thats an interesting question too.

If my goal was to farm lower level zones for divination cards i dont think this build would be the most efficient for it, since you have overkill defenses in comparison to the content.

For example something like this would be more suitable, if your plan is to powerfarm lower level zones. The guy did ~400 dried lake runs hoping to get a brittle emperor card (corrupted volls devotion)
(✿◠‿◠)
What is the mn lvl requirement for safety kill atziri in HC you think after you get rathpith/lazwar/rainbowstride/cybil ??
In your last atziri video your incinerate is lvl 19 or 20 ?

And do you have any 100%safe kill strategy for the normal trio ? Cause i know you speedrun but trio doesnt look safe in your vids ^^
i guess smth like self cast EC + cwdt / IC can be cool
Last edited by doppelski on Jul 5, 2015, 1:02:59 PM
"
doppelski wrote:
What is the mn lvl requirement for safety kill atziri in HC you think after you get rathpith/lazwar/rainbowstride/cybil ??
In your last atziri video your incinerate is lvl 19 or 20 ?

And do you have any 100%safe kill strategy for the normal trio ? Cause i know you speedrun but trio doesnt look safe in your vids ^^
i guess smth like self cast EC + cwdt / IC can be cool

100% safe strategy for trio is using CWDT / IC , you can use selfcast EC if you want but is not needed, CWDT/IC stops the damage from the rain of projectiles, which sometimes can be annoying if you fail many blocks in a row.

In that speedrun video im standing in the degen ground constantly, and extremely delaying the use of my pots, and taking many unnecesary risks for the fight, just because it was softcore, and I did many Atziri runs already, so even if it looks unsafe to you, i know i wasnt really in danger at any point. If you watch the Uber Trio fights, you can see how conservative you can really get in that fight. It just all depends how you decide to play it out.

Regarding a lvl requirement for safe HC kill.... I dont know, it all depends how much experience you have with the fight. This last beta iteration I was farming Atziri deathless at level 79 without Rathpith, and I only got Rathpith at Level 86, for HC i will probably wait to have a Rathpith but as soon as I'm spell block capped, i'm gonna start farming her. I also recommend a minimum of 4.2k HP and 2k ES.
(✿◠‿◠)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info