Item Quantity underwhelming

Hi there

I am a summoner-arc kinda guy and have Item Quantity and Item Quality linked to my Arc skill on my wand. I haven't noticed any increase in orb drops since I bought Item Quantity for a small fortune

It's currently lvl 13 31% - and I've noticed very little difference.

Because I'm a summoner, my minions kill quite a lot of stuff, which I assume devoids item quantity of its use.

But I do kill quite a lot with arc.

Am I using this skill gem properly? and should it give me more orbs?

Also I've read that if you're more than 2 lvls above the area the zone wont drop as many orbs.

I'm poor and I aint getting any richer.

Anything I'm doing wrong?
TYVM

Turnip
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Hi there

I am a summoner-arc kinda guy and have Item Quantity and Item Quality linked to my Arc skill on my wand. I haven't noticed any increase in orb drops since I bought Item Quantity for a small fortune

It's currently lvl 13 31% - and I've noticed very little difference.

Because I'm a summoner, my minions kill quite a lot of stuff, which I assume devoids item quantity of its use.

But I do kill quite a lot with arc.

Am I using this skill gem properly? and should it give me more orbs?

Also I've read that if you're more than 2 lvls above the area the zone wont drop as many orbs.

I'm poor and I aint getting any richer.

Anything I'm doing wrong?
TYVM

Turnip

first of all iir and iiq do not affect orbs.

for your problem i see that you have two options.

1. link culling strike to arc so arc gets the kills and also the quantity bonus
2. move item quantity gem to minions.

the penalty you are referring to is only in place up to level 66 or 68 after that you can farm docks with a lvl 100 char suffering no penalties.

links:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rarity
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate#Drop_Penalty
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 7, 2015, 10:59:36 AM
the +2 level threshold is only for orbs, other items drop as intended.

Also only quantity affects currency, rarity doesnt affect currency.

Docks are level 62, so you will see a orb penalty to currency.
Last edited by Fumina on Jun 7, 2015, 10:58:56 AM
Well you have to kill with the linked skill if you want the quantity gem to give you any benefit. You do get less currency if you're overleveled.

For monsters you kill with arc, they will drop 31% more orbs (assuming no other IIQ on your gear). That's not a lot. If you would have seen 3 orbs, the quantity should have given you a 4th orb. Pay attention to the amount of currency that drops only from kills made with your arc with and without the gem. It makes a difference. But it ain't going to make you instantly wealthy. You have to kill a lot of stuff with your arc to see a difference.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
im pretty sure IIQ affects the amount of orb, but iir will not,

that means u might only get an additionnal wisdom scroll more until u get lucky

I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
Last edited by Xanin on Jun 7, 2015, 11:01:00 AM
Link:
Arc -> iiq -> culling -> iir
If it needs to be a three link drop iir.

There are two penalties:
Experience gain is lower if you are over or under leveled for a zone. The math for this can been found on the wiki but the basics are; 3 levels + (1 for every 16 character levels).
The other penalty, the one you're talking about is not a concern if you are killing mobs in a zone that is at least level 66.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
Thanks very much for the feedback.

Link:
Arc -> iiq -> culling -> iir
If it needs to be a three link drop iir.

So do will culling strike + item quantity attached to my Arc, ensure all kills (including minion) will give me more orb chances?

If not, whats the point of linking culling strike?

TYVM
By linking Culling Strike you make it more likely that your Arc will get the killing blow. It does not affect the drops from your minions unless you link Culling Strike, IIQ and IIR to your minion gem. Minions do IIRC get the rarity and quantity bonuses from your equipment which is why lots of MF characters are summoners.

Made up numbers to illustrate:

With the dmg range from Arc you will only kill enemies (and hence get the benefit of IIR and IIQ) when they are at 5% life or less. With Culling Strike linked you will always kill enemies if they are at 10% or less life.

The first number (5%) will vary a lot based on the lvl of your Arc gem, your passives and gear and the level and hp of the monsters but it's a good bet that it will nearly always be less than 10% in zones where you actually care about getting more drops.
Last edited by f4sak3n on Jun 7, 2015, 12:41:21 PM
If your focus is mf or when u are done leveling. I would suggest running a 5l Queens decree. Vaal skeleton with cull iir and iiq. Then link skeleton or rs. Zombies or specters in chest/helm...

Not very powerful, but when lvld. It can do selected maps to 78. Vaal skeles are fun in certain large open maps and u get a lot of drops.

Thanks a lot for all the responses - I've gained a lot knowledge bout this gem from this forum so thanks very much for all thoughts and ideas!!

now linked Culling Strike to arc TYVM

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info