➔ FreshFishFilter ◈ Divination Cards ✔ Build-specific ✔ Leveling & Endgame ✔ Updated for [2.0.2] ✔

"
ashii wrote:
So we need a styleguide that has comments, to mark sections, on what is what to be able to support import?

Sounds like a style guide is needed, if a filter is written with a styleguide comments, for example animate weapon.

#animate_weapon

When it finds this block, it knows its what it is, and if your filter follows the styleguide it supports import aswell? :)

just thinking out loud

Yes, the problem is that there are so many people creating their filters, that it's hard to get a "consensus" or a styleguide for everyone.

If everyone would use similar commenting as I do with my filter, then I could relatively easily add the possibility to import/load other filters.

Those comments above blocks like #animate_weapon have to be unique within the filter. Also right now it would also require to have a Config File, which fits the Loot Filter that you want to import.

So it's possible sort of, but kind of hard to do atm. But I did design the program to be able to include importing at some point.

As a temporary solution I'm planning to add some additional presets, so you can't just import any filters (yet). But you could choose between a few popular ones, including a "blank slate" which would start you with the normal game colors.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 24, 2015, 4:12:01 AM
Hi,
First of all I appreciate the effort that went into this tool. Keep it up!

My experience:
I don't see any menu with Open, Save, Save as... functions.
I see that you assume that I have Path of Exile installed. Here is where you are wrong.
I am editing my filter at work (no PoE installed), no time for this at home.
If I don't have PoE installed, where does it save the filter. There's no option for choosing a file name or a file location.

There is a Apo_FishFilter.filter in the program directory but it doesn't seem to get updated after I press the "Standard Filter" button (I assume that's how you save a filter).

If I have a filter of my own, how do I load it into the program. Does it work with

I believe that the Open/Save features are crucial for any program that works with files.
"
nebunelux wrote:
I don't see any menu with Open, Save, Save as... functions.
I see that you assume that I have Path of Exile installed. Here is where you are wrong.
I am editing my filter at work (no PoE installed), no time for this at home.
If I don't have PoE installed, where does it save the filter. There's no option for choosing a file name or a file location.

Thanks for remembering me about this, I wanted to add the possibility to save the filter to a custom destination for quite some time, but I forgot about it. I'll try to add it soon! :)

"
nebunelux wrote:
If I have a filter of my own, how do I load it into the program. Does it work with

I believe that the Open/Save features are crucial for any program that works with files.

The problem is, that right now everyone just creates their Filters with their own way of commenting. If everyone would use similar commenting as I do with my filter, then I could relatively easily add the possibility to import/load other filters.

It's still possible sort of, but kind of hard to do atm. But I did design the program to be able to include importing/loading at some point.

As a temporary solution I'm planning to add some additional presets, so you can't just import/load any filters (yet). But you could soon choose between a few popular ones, including a "blank slate" which would start you with the normal game colors.

"
nebunelux wrote:

There is a Apo_FishFilter.filter in the program directory but it doesn't seem to get updated after I press the "Standard Filter" button (I assume that's how you save a filter).

When you customize the Filter you have to use the "Customize Filter" -button to generate your Custom Filter. The "Standard Filter" button will always give you the base filter without any of your changes. So if you want to actually see your changes you really have to use the "Customize Filter"-button instead.

Also when you use the "Customize Filter" -button the Apo_FishFilter.filter in the program directory should get updated as well, so you can copy that somewhere else if you're editing the filter while at work ;)
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 24, 2015, 4:20:48 AM
Hey...thanks for implementing the "working..." screen and correcting "Behemoth Mace". But could you may change the "working..." screen to be a "Child" to your application and not On-Top of every other Windows application?

This is what it is currently:
Spoiler

Another note:
Got 2 message boxes after the creation of the customer filter was finish:

After the second OK it asked if the existing file should be replaced, and confirmed a successful creation of the filter. Don't sure if the two boxes means any issue while creating the filter or not. :)

Thanks for investing your time into this application!
Last edited by Zalkortis on Jun 24, 2015, 9:37:43 AM
"
Zalkortis wrote:
could you may change the "working..." screen to be a "Child" to your application and not On-Top of every other Windows application?
This is what it is currently:
Spoiler

Thanks for letting me know. I'll see how easy it is to fix!

"
Zalkortis wrote:
Another note:
Got 2 message boxes after the creation of the customer filter was finish:

Don't sure if the two boxes means any issue while creating the filter or not. :)

Those MsgBoxes both don't break anything. They are just there, so I can more easily follow, edit and test changes for the Customize Filter -process, which is definitely the most complex one in the program.

The first MessageBox is a remnant from testing a recent change, it's not needed anymore, so I'll remove it! The other debug-message is kind of outdated, so I'll remove that as well as it's not really relevant for me anymore.

So, thanks for the feedback and for even including the screenshots! I'll try to get all those changes into the next version! :)
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 24, 2015, 11:30:09 AM
wow, this looks very cool, keeping an eye you your progress.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
wow, this looks very cool, keeping an eye you your progress.

Glad you like it.

I'm working on a lot of cool stuff atm, things should become even better :D
Where can i change colors etc. for divination cards? I don't see them listed in any of the categories.
"
Guilty1 wrote:
Where can i change colors etc. for divination cards? I don't see them listed in any of the categories.

Hi, I'm sorry, but custom color for divination cards haven't been included yet.

The filter itself is getting a lot of changes atm, and I try to make the program work with other presets / filters, but I'll try to add Customization -options for Divination Cards soon!
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 30, 2015, 4:59:01 PM
That guy was asking for a save/load function was likely asking for the ability to save the filter to a custom location, and to be able to load that back into the program.
It seemed unlikely that he was asking for being able to import other filters into the program.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Jul 1, 2015, 1:39:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info