Filtration ♦ Item Filter Script Editor ♦ [ v1.2.2 ] ♦ Updated 2019-09-11

"
AtomYcX wrote:
"
Edit: also, it would be nice if the block preview updated dynamically as you change things instead of requiring you to switch to another block first.

What do you mean? When you add/change colour block items the preview updates automatically. Unless I'm missing something?

The visual preview works fine; I meant the preview of how a block would appear in a text editor (granted, I might be the only person who cares about that XD).

"
AtomYcX wrote:
That's actually because the Enable/Disable icon only exists on the "Regular Block Items" view and not the "Appearance Block Items" view. I thought I'd get away with fixing it later before anyone brought it up, apparently not :P

Sorry. :D
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
"
The visual preview works fine; I meant the preview of how a block would appear in a text editor (granted, I might be the only person who cares about that XD).

Oh I see, yeah that's due to the difference in the way the visual preview and the text preview work. The visual preview has its colour components directly bound to the colours of the relevant colour block items on the block - this means that when you change a colour the preview is instantly notified. Whereas with the text preview, it's called upon block switch - because it's just text there's nothing to bind to. There's certainly ways around it but it'd probably require a bit of a rework. I'll look into getting it sorted at some point though.
Creator of Filtration, a Path of Exile Item Filter Editor
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1287447
"
AtomYcX wrote:
New Release 2015-07-06 - 0.7
Drag/drop for blocks
Multiple block selection so you can cut/copy multiple blocks at once
Adding the Filtration window as a drop target so you can drag a filter/theme file into Filtration to load it.
Adding Cut because Copy and Paste are getting lonely.
A text editor where you can paste a filter script in and load it into Filtration (without having to save it as a file first).

The only thing not on that list that I thought of was a way to remove/add a base item from every block in a selection. I have sections of blocks for 'good' and 'bad' base armour/weapons. but I'm sure that someone with better game knowledge would pick different bases for each group. A fast way to change those choices would be really helpful.

I'll try out 0.7 later tonight.
could not find a way to add/modify/remove sound effect through Filtration
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
Click on Item Preview or "Switch to Appearance Block Items"; you should see "+Play Alert Sound" in the same place you can change other colors. You can preview the sound by clicking on the speaker icon.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
I possibly missed it, but is there a way to implement block groups in a way that they are commented out instead of "Hide" if disabled?.

Right now with block groups simply changing hide/show, it's limited to a very scenarios and can cause quite some damage by hiding things you possibly want to display later on, limiting the syntax and causing a lot of troubles for the filter creator
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jul 9, 2015, 9:11:05 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:
I possibly missed it, but is there a way to implement block groups in a way that they are commented out instead of "Hide" if disabled?.

Right now with block groups simply changing hide/show, it's limited to a very scenarios and can cause quite some damage by hiding things you possibly want to display later on, limiting the syntax and causing a lot of troubles for the filter creator

Not currently - block groups were added before the ability to disable blocks was. They were initially implemented to cater for scripts like Muldini's that have a lot of specific blocks that you might want to toggle between Show/Hide. Now that disabled blocks have been implemented, it wouldn't be too difficult to add a disable/enable toggle for block groups though.

Advanced Block Groups (those prefixed with a ~) were added to signify blocks that a user is very unlikely to want to change from their default Show/Hide state. These aren't visible in the Block Group Browser by default (but can be shown by clicking Show Advanced Block Groups).
Last edited by AtomYcX on Jul 9, 2015, 9:16:29 AM
"
AtomYcX wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

Not currently - block groups were added before the ability to disable blocks was. They were initially implemented to cater for scripts like Muldini's that have a lot of specific blocks that you might want to toggle between Show/Hide. Now that disabled blocks have been implemented, it wouldn't be too difficult to add a disable/enable toggle for block groups though.

Advanced Block Groups (those prefixed with a ~) were added to signify blocks that a user is very unlikely to want to change from their default Show/Hide state. These aren't visible in the Block Group Browser by default (but can be shown by clicking Show Advanced Block Groups).

That'd be great. I've grown to like some filtration features a lot, but this is the major bottleneck for me right now. I'm sure a lot of users would appreciate this change.

It'd allow users to play with settings such as "crafting/changing bases", "display high level 4L gear" and lots of other stuff without being afraid that hiding the option will cause troubles for the sections below.

Thanks.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Also: I've just updated my filter to v2.0, with adjusted syntax for your app. Thanks again.
Just got this thread moved from the Closed Beta forum to Gameplay Help and Discussion - bump for pre-Awakening hype!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info