Filtration ♦ Item Filter Script Editor ♦ [ v1.2.2 ] ♦ Updated 2019-09-11

If You Cant Get Filtration to Open a Script
Put Filtration in XP compatibility..
That Worked For Me...

To configure the compatibility mode for an application, just locate the installation directory and right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu.

Select the Compatibility tab:Then choose to run the program in Windows XP compatibility

have Fun Hope This Helped
"
XvomTheMad wrote:
That Worked For Me...

To configure the compatibility mode for an application, just locate the installation directory and right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu.

Select the Compatibility tab:Then choose to run the program in Windows XP compatibility

Interesting.. can you try this, EAKZOI? If it works then it's time for me to look into what exactly XP compatibility changes.
Creator of Filtration, a Path of Exile Item Filter Editor
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1287447
"
AtomYcX wrote:
"
Btw, there's a chance that we get a support to Class items like Vaal or Corrupted items ?
( i really want to make a filter for these )
Ty!

Afraid not - the game does't provide a way to distinguish between Corrupted and non-corrupted items with item filters (apart from White sockets, but those are pretty rare in themselves).

Hmmm... I see... There isn't a way to make the program identify "Words" ?

Like:

"If "Corrupted" Word is present, distinguish it from other items"

Is it possible ? (just an idea tho lol)

(I'll try the compatibility settings and edit this post with data)
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 16, 2015, 1:06:28 PM
"
AtomYcX wrote:
"
XvomTheMad wrote:
That Worked For Me...

Interesting.. can you try this, EAKZOI? If it works then it's time for me to look into what exactly XP compatibility changes.

IT worked \o/ OMG THANKS A LOT GUYS !!

Even the save is working now! Thanks thanks thanks!!

Problem solved xD
Dream with me !
"

Problem solved xD

Glad you got it sorted - it's definitely not problem solved from my point of view though, more like problem worked around, I still want to find out why that fixes it.
"
AtomYcX wrote:
"

Problem solved xD

Glad you got it sorted - it's definitely not problem solved from my point of view though, more like problem worked around, I still want to find out why that fixes it.

Compatibility mode adds a 'shim' between the program and the rest of windows, this shim provides old style compatibility for small changes in how the os handles some things. For example, back in XP and older the dll search path included the working directory when looking for the dll to load, this was removed due to security issues in newer versions of windows, but some programs rely on their working directory being in the dll search path. (there also may be some rearrangement in the order places are searched which might cause the wrong version of a dll to be loaded on some machines and not others due to other programs being installed)

Not saying it's a library or pathing problem, those just seem to be the most common problems when compatibility mode fixes the issue.
Last edited by oniakki on Jul 16, 2015, 4:47:58 PM
Found a bug regarding background opacity.

My script uses full opacity to highlight certain items (chaos recipe, RGB, etc). The blocks look like this before saving in Filtration...

"
Show
Rarity Rare
Class Ring Belt Amulet
ItemLevel >= 60
SetTextColor 255 255 119 255 #Rare Highlight
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 255 #Chaos Background
SetBorderColor 70 20 50 255 #Chaos Recipe Border

...and after saving (no other changes made)...

"
Show
ItemLevel >= 60
Rarity = Rare
Class "Ring" "Belt" "Amulet"
SetTextColor 255 255 119 # Rare Highlight
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 # Chaos Background
SetBorderColor 70 20 50 # Chaos Recipe Border

A few other blocks are affected in this way, also. (see my 6link section, the effect is the same). I noticed that this only seems to affect lines that use 255 opacity; my uncommon currency block (which uses 250) is unaffected.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jul 16, 2015, 4:54:07 PM
Big Cheers to OP for this exellent tool!
Thanks M8 ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
"
Antnee wrote:

My script uses full opacity to highlight certain items (chaos recipe, RGB, etc). The blocks look like this before saving in Filtration...

"
Show
Rarity Rare
Class Ring Belt Amulet
ItemLevel >= 60

"
Show
ItemLevel >= 60
Rarity = Rare

A few other blocks are affected in this way, also. (see my 6link section, the effect is the same). I noticed that this only seems to affect lines that use 255 opacity; my uncommon currency block (which uses 250) is unaffected.

Reposting my reply to the GitHub issue here for visibility:

"
There's specific logic in the script output translator that leaves 255 opacity off because I was under the assumption that 255 opacity is the default, so leaving it off makes no difference. Is this not the case?

If the default opacity isn't 255, what is it? I don't really want to append whatever it is to every existing colour block without an alpha value specified but if I know what it is then I can set it as the default for new blocks, and omit the alpha value when it's equal to whatever the default is when saving.
"
AtomYcX wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

"
Show
Rarity Rare
Class Ring Belt Amulet
ItemLevel >= 60

"
Show
ItemLevel >= 60
Rarity = Rare

Reposting my reply to the GitHub issue here for visibility:

"
There's specific logic in the script output translator that leaves 255 opacity off because I was under the assumption that 255 opacity is the default, so leaving it off makes no difference. Is this not the case?

If the default opacity isn't 255, what is it? I don't really want to append whatever it is to every existing colour block without an alpha value specified but if I know what it is then I can set it as the default for new blocks, and omit the alpha value when it's equal to whatever the default is when saving.

I'm trying to find a source, but I'm almost positive its 235.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info