Fallout 4

that's good to hear, something to drive me to get into it at least. I think I also regret getting the dlc's for new vegas, it just loaded so much crap into my inventory like fully repaired weapons and armor. Things like fully repaired weapons took a long time and dedicated character build to get in fo3 and felt good about having, just dropped into my bag in new vegas at the start. Meh. I mean a friggin fully repaired grenade launcher at character creation, wth.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Nov 4, 2015, 2:53:13 PM
I always wished that I could've carried my FO3 character over into NV. In fact, I started my NV play through operating under the notion that my vault-dweller had migrated west in the years after the end of all the content in FO3, so I imagined that, having fallen on hard times, the gear the NV DLC provided was all he had left. Having been shot in the noggin by Benny, he had a lot of relearning to do, and essentially started over again.

Of course, that was before I heard about A Tale of Two Wastelands, a mod which combines the two games under the FONV engine:

http://taleoftwowastelands.com/

Now, I wish I had simply started off with that.

Might give the whole thing another go, but I might wait a few years, to let my previous playthroughs settle into more distant memory. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
that's an interesting take ray. Imma' use that line of thought.

the combination thing sounds great, was kinda lamenting how late I finally got a gatling laser in fo3.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Nov 4, 2015, 4:43:00 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
that's good to hear, something to drive me to get into it at least. I think I also regret getting the dlc's for new vegas, it just loaded so much crap into my inventory like fully repaired weapons and armor. Things like fully repaired weapons took a long time and dedicated character build to get in fo3 and felt good about having, just dropped into my bag in new vegas at the start. Meh. I mean a friggin fully repaired grenade launcher at character creation, wth.

Mods to prevent automatic dlc loot were my necessary ones whenever I play. Tale of Two Wastelands in particular has a mod floating around that puts the dlc loot on bodies in various areas of the maps so it is your option to loot the gear from the bodies that contain the dlc loot or not. However at least one of the locations is in enemy territory so there is a decent likelihood that if you don't loot the weapons and ammo, they will.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I have a terrible feeling 4 is going to be like 3, lots of pointless fetch quests, etc. Witcher 3 set the bar pretty high, and Bethesda is well known anymore for endless waves of boring crap if you get off the main storyline.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
I have a terrible feeling 4 is going to be like 3, lots of pointless fetch quests, etc. Witcher 3 set the bar pretty high, and Bethesda is well known anymore for endless waves of boring crap if you get off the main storyline.

The thing is, it's post-nuclear apocalypse. The only thing worth doing that makes sense as side quests will likely be fetch quest-esque. Need dem resources that people haven't tapped in to man...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Nov 4, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
thats a fairly flimsy excuse for boring gameplay. I wasnt very impressed with 3 or nv, 2 was damn good, and wasteland is pretty nice too.

My love of 2 may just be nostalgia though, havnt played it in years upon years.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Nov 5, 2015, 5:41:06 AM
I never played the first 2(.5) Fallout games, only FO3 and FONV. I know enough about the earlier iterations to have a sense that they were more linear, narratively, than the more sprawling sandbox games of 3 and NV. That might explain the fact that the latter two games would require less-compelling filler quests, in order to boost content.

I might also be completely incorrect. I am sure someone will tell me, if that is so. =^[.]^=

ETA: An initial speculation video about FO4 mods, including the very near certainty that there will mods released almost immediately after the game is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYg69CzFum0

It's a Gopher vid; if you know him, you know he knows his stuff about mods and the modding community. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Nov 5, 2015, 7:17:48 AM
whatched leaked gameplay.

The dialogue option look like its made for 10 year olds.

leaked content show player crossing diagonaly the whole map in 10 minute on foot.

Game look like even less a rpg than Skyrim
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 5, 2015, 9:11:55 AM
This is part humor part salt. I'll save the rest of my salt for after release ;)

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info