The Hoarder - My Divination Card for 1 Exalted Orb

"
Faendris wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
Only thing i do not like is the flavor text, i feel like you could have come up with something more interesting concerning the theme (greed/hoarding).

But thanks for supporting this game!

Ahhh, but this is a reference to my favourite song I am listening to when I am farming.

Cheers!

Sisters of Mercy nice
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Let me prepare you for your disappointment. You're not going to be rolling in exalts simply because this card exists... in fact, you're likely not to be able to complete this set for an exalt without trading, or working your butt off grinding a single area over and over for days on end.

It's not going to change the rarity of the orb. It gives you a way to target it... but that's not going to make it 100x easier.

Even if this divination card increases the amount of exalts flowing into the economy by as little as 10%, it'd still have a big impact on the value of exalts.
The only way I see divination cards being farmed is if the full set's rarity is at least comparable to the rarity of the original, which simply put would pretty much double the amount of exalts (or whatever other currency) on the market. Doubling the amount of something might not simply halve the price, it could crash it entirely because the demand might not be able to keep up with the increased supply, so we'd have a market saturated with exalts.

Simply put, if divination cards increase the supply of a certain item more than demand can keep up with, the value of said item goes down more than the relative increase of supply.
Doubling the exalts? they can drop anywhere while the cards won't, and since is ggg deciding the zone considering how they act about rare stuff i really doubt so
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
I highly doubt this card will affect the exalted turn-up-rate.
I Think cards like this will just be totaled into the gobal droprate.
They already mentioned by GGG that the drop rate would be balanced so as to make it as shard as finding the item or orb itself.
I dont feel it will effect the price much in standard since there are millions on top of millions in standard.I do think the price for exalted in temp leags will be lower because of this card.

there is my stash lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

there is my stash lol

looks fine to me.
Spoiler
mine is even worse :)
heck, my Flashback League Stash is already a mess, so you probably can imagine how my Standard and Hardcore League ones look like.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
k1rage wrote:

there is my stash lol

GGG should give this card for free to a player with the most unsorted remove-only stash tabs. Until recently i had like 200 of those but i think there are people out there with thousands of em 0_0

Assuming same drop rate as Exalted Orbs, the only way this item will change the exalt value, is:

in about 3 years, there might be twice as many exalts added via card* as there are today.

There will be as many exalted orbs as today, drop by then.

So we are talking at most, a 50% increase in supply.

There needs to be a change to crafting, ie. better (guaranteed range) stat rolls using Exalted Orbs, to significantly change their value via REMOVING them from the supply, rather than merely increasing their number.

* edit
Last edited by Laminar_Flow1 on May 30, 2015, 4:44:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info