Am I ever gonna drop anything decent?

Drops dont really matter to me as I play arbitrage but still... several 90s toons and nothing drop i can use. No T1 drops. anyways sup with dat?
Git R Dun!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Drops dont really matter to me as I play arbitrage but still... several 90s toons and nothing drop i can use. No T1 drops. anyways sup with dat?

Ive never chanced anything.

Ive never found a T1 unique or any unqiue or item worth more then 10ex.

I've only 6 linked one item, dispite trying significantly to do so for many items.

I have found 1 eternal.

Yet I still play and enjoy the game, hopefully the divination cards will fix the issue of never finding anything cool.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I've been playing for... well, a while (since 2013). I've found 2 exalt, both from chests, an eternal, a few random 5 links, 1 six link (tabula rasa), and a bino's kitchen knife.

Everything else I have purchased through mining.

Edit: meant eternal, not divine
Last edited by Shinare on May 27, 2015, 5:01:32 PM
Do not know what Others do but i found 11 Exalts alone in last 4 Month SC League with only using Goldwyrms. Besides that i got some lucky uniq Drops but not worth wording they all here.
But what i know for sure is, i play the Game, trade less, grind much and have Fun!-)
Sometimes with high IIR/IIQ (atm an Windripper Build), sometimes with an huge tanky Melee to farm the harder bricket corrupted Maps and sometimes i like playing an Spellcaster.
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
I've been in since closed beta, and haven't found any tier 1 item. I've ran mfers, no luck.

The drops in PoE are so boring. For me, this is really the only thing I really don't like about PoE. I never feel hopeful about drops. PoE is currently about hauling trash to the vendor. I'm the most heroic garbage man you'll ever meet.

I love this game, but sometimes the RNG seems mindless and in no way is it risk/reward. My guildy goes to the docks to test a skill gem, and bam, shavs drops. Meanwhile our guild is running team maps with culler/mfer, and after 20 maps all we found was trash.

I think part of the issue, is how terrible most unique items are. If more were at least useful, the mid-tier market could make you some steady cash (selling items for 10c - 2exa area).

My 2 cents.

Hamburgers,
beef
Last edited by beefnuggy on May 27, 2015, 8:32:20 PM
I think i got around 4 exalts total since i started playing in 2013, a bunch of trash uniques, my best ones were Taryn's Shiver and 1 auxium belt and 3 tabulas, a few divines, no eternals at all and loads of trash also. Never found an item worth more than 2 ex's. Found a few 5 links also, after the masters were implemented, before that never found one.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
I think part of the issue, is how terrible most unique items are. If more were at least useful, the mid-tier market could make you some steady cash (selling items for 10c - 2exa area).

Agreed.

Personally, I've been lucky enough to have 9ex drop since I started playing last August. But no T1 uniques, only some halfway decent rares, no eternals (or obviously mirrors!). I've been able to mass some wealth and decent items through perseverance (and a few generous friends), but it's an extremely slow and mind numbing process - and obviously the best items in Standard are still unobtainable for me (which is OK).

The issue is that, at least in Standard, there aren't enough mid-tier sales. Most things go for 1c or 100ex, and while there are some items in between (thank you, intelligent and useful sellers!) they're often not what I actually need and seem to languish in stashes for long periods. This means many rares that would otherwise be worth something wind up vended because it's not worth the trouble selling them.

This also relates to the crappy trade system we have now, but I don't want to start some big thing about that in this thread lol.

Anyway, the above is likely an oversimplification, but the lack of valuable drops is as much an economic problem as it is an issue of RNG.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:

This also relates to the crappy trade system we have now, but I don't want to start some big thing about that in this thread lol.

Anyway, the above is likely an oversimplification, but the lack of valuable drops is as much an economic problem as it is an issue of RNG.

If you can keep it on topic, I'd like to hear why you think the "crappy trade system" has anything to do with not finding anything valuable. If you can't please PM me. I'd hate to derail this thread, but I would like you or anyone that agrees with you to tell me why you think that.

Theres a number of mid tier items that are still valuable in standard, but your typical "rats nest, cloak, lightning coil, alpha howl, ect" are all relatively common after the influx with temp leagues and the chest have legacy versions people rather use then the non ones, which keeps the market value of said unqiues much lower.

I don't think the economy has anything to do with the fact I've had shitty RNG overall on drops and luck, that is just the nature of the game by design, like I said hopefully divination cards will at least give me a way to earn or build up to something valuable somewhat eliminating the RNG factor from it.

The other thing that isn't directly related to RNG of drops is the feeling that when I see XX item drop it can be good. D3 does one thing I like and hate at the same time, I like the fact it has beams and it makes it all fancy with sound and colors THAT STAY UNTIL YOU PICK IT UP, they also don't blatantly give away what item it is before its identified (for the most part) While I hate the idea of ancient items, it does still give you that feeling after you get "fully slotted" of possibly finding an upgrade for your character, something I almost never feel in characters I have "completed" something usually limited to just standard. If I find and lessor tier unqiues or currency in temp leagues it actually feels more rewarding, even though it might be worth less buying power. My issue with temp leagues is the exalt ratio goes to insane levels real fast, removing most people's ability to obtain chaos quick enough to capitalize on it and get the items they need for their build.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
I've been in since closed beta, and haven't found any tier 1 item. I've ran mfers, no luck.

The drops in PoE are so boring. For me, this is really the only thing I really don't like about PoE. I never feel hopeful about drops. PoE is currently about hauling trash to the vendor. I'm the most heroic garbage man you'll ever meet.

I love this game, but sometimes the RNG seems mindless and in no way is it risk/reward. My guildy goes to the docks to test a skill gem, and bam, shavs drops. Meanwhile our guild is running team maps with culler/mfer, and after 20 maps all we found was trash.

My 2 cents.

Hamburgers,
beef

Yeah I agree. It always feels like "the other people are finding the good stuff". There is only a handful of people who really have luck with their drops and the rest are garbarge selling exiles who have to fight for every chaos orb in order to survive. So if you are one of the latter ones, you are forced to go for MF stuff in order to get a T1 drop at some point and even with MR stuff it happens rarely (never happened to me).
Nah. If you're making good money you're either farming a lot of low currency or moving a lot of stuff from point A->B->C with you being point B, A being the lowballer and C being the overpayer.

Relying on T1 drops is a contradiction in terms. 10 exalt+ drops can't happen more often, because if they do, they're not 10 exalt+ drops anymore...

Edit: that's not to say I love the system. I'd love to be able to actually 'craft' in this game sometimes, and by that I mean construct a whole 6-affix item, or alternatively do what divination cards are slated to do. Who knows? Maybe it will be better soon.
Last edited by davidnn5 on May 28, 2015, 12:48:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info