Share Your Divination Card Submission!

I figure starting this thread would be a good idea in order to inform the community on cards highgate supporters have submitted so they know what to expect when the expansion is released. If you are a highgate supporter, please join the discussion and share the card you have submitted. I am more than willing to put the details of your card on the OP to make it easier for players to see.

Note for highgate supporters:
Only share your divination card details if it has passed GGG approval. This is to keep your ideas from possibly being stolen or simply rejected.

Note for non-highgate supporters:
Players who submitted divination cards only have control of the card name, flavor text, theme of the card art and what will be rewarded when the cards are turned in. We cannot, however, choose where the cards can be found and how rare they're going to be. That is all for GGG to decide.

----

Pizzarugi's submission:
Card Name: The Summoner
Flavor Text: To own a piece of the Nightmare you must first belong to the Nightmare.
Card Art Theme: A pair of zombies, rising out of the ground and rushing towards the viewer. Their decaying hands reach out in a grasping motion, their faces twisted with a ravenous hunger.

Behind the pair is a shadowy figure, one hand holding a scythe and the other pointing toward the viewer as if issuing a command.

The silhouette is surrounded in a necrotic turquoise glow. The zombies have glowing eyes of the same color.
Reward: Any minion gem, level 1, 20% quality.
(Note: Details on reward are a little vague, I don't know if this also covers support gems. Blink/mirror arrow, animate weapon/guardian and golems also fall under the minion category.)

----

Faendris's submission:
Card Name: The Hoarder
Flavor Text: "More! I want more!" - Faendris, the Insatiable
Card Art Theme: Unknown
Reward: 1 exalted orb
(Note: His reasoning for making this card can be found here.)

----

Arbitelle's submission:
Card Name: Chaotic Disposition
Flavor Text: "Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you."
Card Art Theme: A person clenching their head (going crazy with a look of fright) as in chaos (disposition) is their continuous state of being.
Reward: 5 chaos orbs
(Note: Source found here.)

----

Catchafire2000's submission:
Card Name: The Dark Mage
Flavor Text: With staff in hand and wrath in heart,
your soul and corpse shall surely part.
Card Art Theme: Unknown
Reward: Any staff, 6 linked sockets, item level 55
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jun 2, 2015, 12:29:43 AM
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
that's a nice one, OP.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
As a summoner, your divination card pleases me.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Careful what you ask for, you just might get it. I really hope the highgate supporters don't make "long term" items and make them common. The reason I'm still playing this game after two years is that items like 20% gems aren't handed out left and right.
I love your Idea OP

I dont see any any key!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Careful what you ask for, you just might get it. I really hope the highgate supporters don't make "long term" items and make them common. The reason I'm still playing this game after two years is that items like 20% gems aren't handed out left and right.

I make a lot of summoner characters, so I don't often get any of my gems to level 20 which means I don't have a single 20% gem to my name. And as I've mentioned in the OP: GGG will balance the cards according to the rewards given which can range to how many cards you need to collect before you get the reward, where they will be dropping and how rare the drops will be. I highly doubt the devs will make 20% minion gem cards that easy to obtain.

I'm also hoping, that with being able to find 20% minion gems, I can encourage more people to roll summoners to use the gems they get. I don't play on temporary leagues personally, but I also made this card as a way to help get summoners rolling. If they don't, it just means another GCP!

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 26, 2015, 7:52:12 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I make a lot of summoner characters, so I don't often get any of my gems to level 20 which means I don't have a single 20% gem to my name. And as I've mentioned in the OP: GGG will balance the cards according to the rewards given which can range to how many cards you need to collect before you get the reward, where they will be dropping and how rare the drops will be. I highly doubt the devs will make 20% minion gem cards that easy to obtain.

I'm also hoping, that with being able to find 20% minion gems, I can encourage more people to roll summoners to use the gems they get. I don't play on temporary leagues personally, but I also made this card as a way to help get summoners rolling. If they don't, it just means another GCP!

As a summoner, this pleases me extremely.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Hope you get what you want out of these cards... I'm very skeptical about them. Either way they go, conservative or liberal, they're going to piss someone off. I don't envy them the position they've put themselves in.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Either way they go, conservative or liberal, they're going to piss someone off.

No matter what you do, you're going to piss someone off regardless. At the same time, someone else is going to be extremely happy to have it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's just something you have to deal with in this situation.

Besides, I don't think I'm asking for much when it comes to 20% minion gems of all things. I could've made it so you get the headhunter belt, voll's devotion or even mjolner. :P

Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 26, 2015, 8:20:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info