Hello... here I post my problem with moderation of the gave devs

Hello,

I make this thread to post my complaint about in-game moderation of chat and out of game communication with the forums. This is in no relation to myself, or my account standing (which is good AFAIK), but just a general complaint.

First off, I think GGG handles moderation poorly. The global channels are always a mess, trade channel is impossible to find as the best way to sell things is to spam your items for trade faster than everyone else, and no one seems to care about the discussion there. There was a discussion of penises in game for a solid 30 minutes today, and how different items resemble phallic images, and nothing happened. Everyone continued chatting following the discussion, clearly not muted.

Of course, this doesn't seem to apply for the "reddit" channel. You find the chat more well moderated on the (5055) channel (which is the reddit channel - as many probably commonly know), You commonly find people advertising stuff to sell in global chat with no discipline or "mutes", unless it's blatant spam for 20 seconds straight. This isn't a plague of the well moderated 5055 channel.

If you don't believe me, go and type a "hate speech" word, like F**got or something similar, and you will find yourself muted in 5055 fairly quickly. Post it in global, and barring you're just spamming the word over and over, nothing will happen. This comes down to the second complain that so much of the discussion from the devs does not fall on the official forums, and often on reddit. I don't like to read reddit, I find discussion hard to follow, and the website poor to use. The common use of the website to share information is all fine of course, but i think it's unfair the community on this side is neglected and information is even often cascaded down on our own terms with no communication from devs. The only time they post is to say "keep it civil" or to say "we're listening!!!1!", seldom adding to any real discussion.

This is less true of the beta discussion board, but still holds true compared to reddit. I find it interesting that the same bias applies in game for the chat channels being moderated in more or less "private" channels better than non-private.

Thanks for reading,

Goodbye.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Now you hang on one diddly darn tootin' second.

Are you trying to tell me, a person of sane mind in this very instant, that a more private and smaller scale global chat is more organized than the default ones that everyone else in the world is placed in to?

I am appalled that you would ever try to convince me of such a thing. You must find me to be a fool, an utter and complete idiot, and to this I say good day, sir!
Hmm, but the chats are moderated by GGG employees, not by random people. For a chat smaller to be moderated better only implies the mods are not watching the bigger chats, which require more moderation, but instead the communities they like to "involve' themselves in - despite being lesser known to the public. Which defeats the purpose of a mod in the first place.

But I re-read now I think you are just mocking me so i will not respond again.

goodbye
Last edited by draktok on May 26, 2015, 2:33:54 AM
I'm happy GGG doesn't prioritize being the "feelings police".

Keep developing your game GGG, and don't worry about moderation.
So the moral of the story is people report offensive people in the reddit channel but not global chats? Shocking!
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Who are you to decide that the penis is not a valid topic of conversation, Dratkok?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Paying a dev to watch POE chat is out of the question when they can be used (or not hired) elsewhere. Talking about penises or w/e doesn't hurt anyone and you can turn global off. To combat this in real life, they have a "viewers discretion is advised" for any content that may be offensive. You should know by now that this is the case in all EULA agreements. POE is not responsible for content provided by other members of the community using their text system as a medium, but they do not approve of links of any kind, ever.

Poor OP makes his post, has 1 reply and says hes done.

In all seriousness of course people are going to report "bad behavior" in a civilized chat like 5055, if you expect 1-10 to be anything but aids in this game you are sadly mistaken, its a F2P game where people just do what they want, overmodding or spending loads of time trying to make those chats good isn't worth it. If you want you can be the "mod police" and report everything you think is valid for reporting in 1-10, but after their 10 min mute they will be doing it again.

You are completely wasting your time thinking global 1-10 can be legit discussion.

Global 1 is used for obligatory RIPS in hardcore and thats it.

1-10 used to be civilized before it was open for anyone and everyone to create an account, now I avoid it like the plague.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
draktok wrote:
There was a discussion of penises in game for a solid 30 minutes today, and how different items resemble phallic images, and nothing happened. Everyone continued chatting following the discussion, clearly not muted.
I don't see that there's anything inherent to penises that would make such a discussion a mutable offence. I can see how such a conversation might "go bad"a nd end up breaching the guidelines, but it's by no means guaranteed, and you haven't said anything here about that happening, only that people discussed penises and phallic imagery. I don't see why people would be muted for this.

"
draktok wrote:
Of course, this doesn't seem to apply for the "reddit" channel. You find the chat more well moderated on the (5055) channel (which is the reddit channel - as many probably commonly know), You commonly find people advertising stuff to sell in global chat with no discipline or "mutes", unless it's blatant spam for 20 seconds straight. This isn't a plague of the well moderated 5055 channel.

If you don't believe me, go and type a "hate speech" word, like F**got or something similar, and you will find yourself muted in 5055 fairly quickly. Post it in global, and barring you're just spamming the word over and over, nothing will happen. This comes down to the second complain that so much of the discussion from the devs does not fall on the official forums, and often on reddit.
No, it comes down to people in that channel being more diligent in helping the moderators with their job - i.e. they report people they see breaking the rules. If you believe it's remotely possible for moderators to see and consider every message posted in every channel then you're massively underestimating the workload involved. If you see someone breaking the rules, report them, and the report will be acted on (the action may be to dismiss the report if they aren't actually breaking rules).

And before I go any further, get the concept that most of the important information from devs is posted on reddit out of your head, because it's not true and never has been. Pretty much every piece of important information is posted here first, and people still post in those forums threads complaining it was on reddit before the forums, because they were on reddit and happened to see it first.
Last time anyone actually counted reddit posts from devs compared to forum posts over a period, the forum came out ahead, and all the official announcements still happen here first, in spite fo the people who complain because they found it first on reddit and assumed it was there first. The myth only gains power because people like you repeat it as fact without any evidence.

"
draktok wrote:
I don't like to read reddit, I find discussion hard to follow, and the website poor to use. The common use of the website to share information is all fine of course
Cool. Then you don't need to use reddit. All the important and official announcements happen here, the devs are active here, and any time a dev in their own time, happens to be browsing reddit because unlike you they do like it, and happens to post something, if there's any relevant information in that post, and often even if there isn't, someone will make a thread on here to discuss it.

"
draktok wrote:
but i think it's unfair the community on this side is neglected and information is even often cascaded down on our own terms with no communication from devs.
It's not, see above. Please stop accusing us of stuff we're not doing without any evidence. It's impolite at best.
"
draktok wrote:
The only time they post is to say "keep it civil" or to say "we're listening!!!1!", seldom adding to any real discussion.
Blatantly false. Check my post history. Check Rhys's. Chris's. Russell's. We interact with the community on these forums all the time.

"
draktok wrote:
This is less true of the beta discussion board, but still holds true compared to reddit. I find it interesting that the same bias applies in game for the chat channels being moderated in more or less "private" channels better than non-private.
TL;DR: You're incorrect about reddit because you've blindly believed things repeated by other people who did the same, and the better moderation in some channels isn't because we favour them, it's because they report things, making moderators much more likely to see them and act on them.

If you want to help improve moderation, report people when you see them breaking the rules. Every report is seen by a moderator. Not every global chat message is (or can be).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
draktok wrote:
There was a discussion of penises in game for a solid 30 minutes today, and how different items resemble phallic images, and nothing happened. Everyone continued chatting following the discussion, clearly not muted.
I don't see that there's anything inherent to penises that would make such a discussion a mutable offence. I can see how such a conversation might "go bad"a nd end up breaching the guidelines, but it's by no means guaranteed, and you haven't said anything here about that happening, only that people discussed penises and phallic imagery. I don't see why people would be muted for this.

"
draktok wrote:

If you don't believe me, go and type a "hate speech" word, like F**got or something similar, and you will find yourself muted in 5055 fairly quickly. Post it in global, and barring you're just spamming the word over and over, nothing will happen. This comes down to the second complain that so much of the discussion from the devs does not fall on the official forums, and often on reddit.
No, it comes down to people in that channel being more diligent in helping the moderators with their job - i.e. they report people they see breaking the rules. If you believe it's remotely possible for moderators to see and consider every message posted in every channel then you're massively underestimating the workload involved. If you see someone breaking the rules, report them, and the report will be acted on (the action may be to dismiss the report if they aren't actually breaking rules).

And before I go any further, get the concept that most of the important information from devs is posted on reddit out of your head, because it's not true and never has been. Pretty much every piece of important information is posted here first, and people still post in those forums threads complaining it was on reddit before the forums, because they were on reddit and happened to see it first.
Last time anyone actually counted reddit posts from devs compared to forum posts over a period, the forum came out ahead, and all the official announcements still happen here first, in spite fo the people who complain because they found it first on reddit and assumed it was there first. The myth only gains power because people like you repeat it as fact without any evidence.

"
draktok wrote:
I don't like to read reddit, I find discussion hard to follow, and the website poor to use. The common use of the website to share information is all fine of course
Cool. Then you don't need to use reddit. All the important and official announcements happen here, the devs are active here, and any time a dev in their own time, happens to be browsing reddit because unlike you they do like it, and happens to post something, if there's any relevant information in that post, and often even if there isn't, someone will make a thread on here to discuss it.

"
draktok wrote:
but i think it's unfair the community on this side is neglected and information is even often cascaded down on our own terms with no communication from devs.
It's not, see above. Please stop accusing us of stuff we're not doing without any evidence. It's impolite at best.
"
draktok wrote:
The only time they post is to say "keep it civil" or to say "we're listening!!!1!", seldom adding to any real discussion.
Blatantly false. Check my post history. Check Rhys's. Chris's. Russell's. We interact with the community on these forums all the time.

"
draktok wrote:
TL;DR: You're incorrect about reddit because you've blindly believed things repeated by other people who did the same, and the better moderation in some channels isn't because we favour them, it's because they report things, making moderators much more likely to see them and act on them.

If you want to help improve moderation, report people when you see them breaking the rules. Every report is seen by a moderator. Not every global chat message is (or can be).

/rekt

take your medicine from pappa mark and be a good boy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info