Voltaxic discharge Automated COC (no self cast discharge)

So I wanna do this for fun and snti reflect. I would like enough crit that discharge itself can crit (after consummation of power charges) but it's fine if it can't. I know this is not optimal but can this work somehow? Using barrage for fastest power charges possible, and villa devotion for extra dps? My planned links are barrage-gmp?(does this increase attack speed?) - coc- discharge- life leech?-increased aoe- increased criticism damage- increased crit strikes

I know that is like 8 links but will it work? I can optimize the links later
Now I wouldn't call myself a pro builder. I consider myself hipster and one of the tenets of hipster building for mw is that max power is not necessary - so I don't know if I can optimize your build as well as others could.

Here's what I think. If you want to CoC discharge you need to maximize charge generation. This would include definitely using Volls Protector in addition to Devotion and 100% for sure using Power Charge on Critical in your main attack.

Here's what I would use for a 6L: Frenzy - PCoC - CoCS - Discharge - increased critical chance - increased critical damage.

Power siphon would also work instead of Frenzy if you want to be a wander.

If you want better wave clear you may want GMP instead of one of the increased critical.

I don't see how you would consider this anti reflect though. As far as I know, CoC is one of the worst builds for dealing with reflect monsters. For big damage CoC, especially discharge which is bursty AND indiscriminate, you would need something like vaal pact or atziri gloves to counter reflect
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
There's a number of things for you to be aware of, and it may be worth your reading some build guides around CoC. However, in no particular order...

GMP is going to be useless (other than for attack speed on 20 quality) for a barrage-discharge build because discharge is not a projectile. People building for CoC generally aim to have two spells linked with GMP that are cast as projectiles (i.e. arctic breath and fireball, or ice spear, etc).

Cyclone and discharge work well together with a voll's protector and even better with voll's amulet.

Similarly, windripper is generally used (not always but generally) for CoC bows. Why? The chance to crit is very high. When you take into account accuracy, crit chance and the chance to proc cast on crit, you actually don't have a very high chance to cast a spell for each hit. High crit chance (95%) is therefore very, very desirable.

Voltaxic has a 5% base crit. You're unlikely to scale it higher than 50% total crit chance. Your increased crit chance gem will be roughly 8% extra crit chance (with a windripper it would give 16%). Assuming you have 90% accuracy, on any given hit you will have:

Hit check 90% * crit chance 50% * Double-check crit chance with accuracy 90% * chance to cast with 20/20 CoC gem 68% = a 27.54% chance to cast.

Compare to someone with capped crit using a wand or windripper:
90% * 95% * 90% * 68% = 52.33% chance to cast.

You should also be aware that increased critical damage in a CoC gem setup will apply to your initial damage and spells *only if they crit separately*. As such, if you're wanting to use the spells cast on crit as your main source of damage, it's not generally a useful gem because your spells won't crit enough to matter.

Here's an old attempt at a voltaxic CoC build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087776

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info