Total Chaos Voltaxic CoC Build/ Now with Herald of Thunder

**10/23 - Updated Passive Tree, Gear & Added Herald of Thunder
Well this is a build I have been working on for some time. I have to give a shout out to a guildmate of mine Atlas305 for some of the input he has helped me with. I will be updating this guide as I get time.I plan on making a full guide complete with the all the reasons why I chose what I did and a leveling guide as well.

Ever since 1.2 I have wanted to take advantage of the new lightning circle in the witch tree. Also I have been wanting to find a use for my Voltaxic and legacy Thunderfists ever since my old LA/Frenzy went down the tubes. I started a Scion as it was the only class that I did not have to lvl 80. This build could work just as easily as a Shadow/Ranger or Witch. I wanted to make a CoC build that did not rely on CoC to do all the damage but rather it complimented and gave you bonus damage. The original thought was to make the entire build based on lightning damage. With Voltaxic equipped everything converts to chaos making this build immune to any form of reflect. As of right now I am level 82 and I am easily taking out 74 maps. I am having alot of fun with this build and it seems like it can only get stronger with the last few levels.

**A little update, I have recently been releveling my gems after they hit they hit 20. Once I now that most of my gems are 20% once I get them back up to 18 or so I will start posting some more videos. Damage increase Has been huge. Herald of Thunder is everything I hoped it would be in this build. I am also experimenting with Lightning Tendrills in Thunderfists as a possible single target spell.

Change & Update Log
Spoiler

10/15 - Added video
10/16 Added 2 75 Map Videos
10/23 Updated Gear, Passive & added Gorge Run Video

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Gameplay Videos
1.24 with Herald of Thunder
Gorge Run http://youtu.be/zt_dbP8xP_k
Spoiler
74 Underground Sea Dual Boss http://youtu.be/lajTqdWTMDI
75 Bazaar/Curse Immunity Map http://youtu.be/3H254ha8WYM
75 Plateau Map/Lots of Nasty Mods http://youtu.be/xAGfs8IFQyE

Screenshots
Spoiler

Tornado Shot

Split Arrow

Arc

Spark

Ball Lightning

My Current Passive Tree-Updated for 1.24 Lvl 86

Gems & Links
Spoiler

Main Damage Links
Tornado Shot - LMP - Cast on Crit - Arc - Spark - Ball LIghtning
The reason I have chosen Tornado Shot instead of the other common choices of Split Arrow or Lightning Arrow is pretty simple. Damage. Given we are using Voltaxic Rift it has low phys damage. Split Arrow and Lightning Arrow both are strong with high Phys damage but lower our % base damage. It would take alot of investment of passive nodes to bring up the phys damage of the bow. Tornado Shot Increases our base damage which is great for voltaxic. Even though it is an AoE attack with lmp, but with a little practice it can be really good against single target as well.

Secondary 6L
Split Arrow - Faster Attacks - Chain - Increased Crit - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark
Originally I was planning on using Windscreams and dual cursing. I decided however that I needed the resists so I went with a single curse. However I liked the idea of using an attack to deliver the curse. With Thuderfists lightning damage plus the damage from the bow Split arrow in this chain not only provides the curse of Assassin's Mark (increasing crit chance and building our power charges) It also delivers the shock ailment for us.Now when we attack with Tornado shock we are destroying everything on screen.

CWDT
CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Temp Chains

Auras
Wrath - Haste (I sub out Grace for higher level maps, also still play with Heralds of Ice)- Herald of Thunder - Reduced Mana

Last 4L in Thunderfists (I have been playing with alot of options here) and have not found one I am happy with.

Leveling Tips & Passive Order
Spoiler
Coming Soon
Last edited by XxLabanxX on Oct 23, 2014, 3:55:42 PM
Added a video.
add passives please

thanks
"
superweaver wrote:
add passives please

thanks

Passive Tree as of me posting this is listed. I have an updated one I will be posting when I get to 85. I plan on doing one per 10 levels in the leveling guide as well I just haven't had time to do it yet
Added 2 new lvl 75 maps ... ran both of these at level 84
from the video, you hp is not stable at all.
how do you handle abrupt damage?
"
superweaver wrote:
from the video, you hp is not stable at all.
how do you handle abrupt damage?

I am still fairly low level (only 84), I do not have optimal gear yet and the map were I took some big spike damage I had a few desyncs (not sure if they showed up in the video or not) on top of nasty mods (Shocking Ground, vunerability, increased attack, cast & damage, ele reflect (lightning doesn't reflect but fire and cold from heralds do) and poison on hit. In short the 2 75 maps were maps that I shouldn't be running at level 84 to begin with but I was just trying to push myself to see what it can handle. In all honesty I have yet to have a struggle with dying to spike damage even with my low hp's at the moment (Only at 2800) I have not died to anything that most EV/Acro toons wouldn't die to anyways..ie Dom's Hand of God - Vaal Smash - large packs of charging mobs all hitting at once ect. Now I will also say that most of my toons are glass cannons so I could feel safer than most on this build because I am used to that type of game play. Alot of my toons are kill before you get hit mentality..or I one shot myself with reflect.

I have taken all but 2 damage nodes that I plan on taking, everything else I plan on taking is Def/HP nodes. On end game maps I will probably be running Grace instead of Wrath, I just haven't run into the need to switch yet. I really do not want to be running Thiefs Torment, I would rather be running a Crit/HP/Res ring and The Taming but I have yet to solve the mana issue and it was an easy fix. Without a big phys damage investment, gear & passive nodes, mana leech on gear is pretty useless due to low phys damage of Voltaxic. I thought about trading Spark for EK to leech mana, but that in turn makes me vunerable to phys reflect and kind of defeats the purpose I setout for on this build which is taking advantage of Voltaxic making you reflect proof.

Atziri's Promise flask is actually amazing on this build, but not for what it is typically used for. We do not get the big damage increase that most phys builds get from it. But what this build does gain from it in spades above any other build is the 10% life leech from chaos damage...which is all of our damage except heralds. I am actually testing out running 2 of them and only a remove bleeding life pot(Corruptting Blood Sucks). Between that and the life I gain per hit from thief's torment I usually refill life instantly

This is still a work in progress, I have just been having fun with it and I have never seen a build like it. This is my first attempt at crafting a build from scratch on my own. I just thought it would be easier to post and update a build thread rather than do it all at once after I perfected the build. Besides by posting it now I can get community input of things I may be missing to improve the build and hopefully will give someone else something to do with their pretty much useless Voltaxic (DAMN YOU WINDRIPPER!!)..I'm still a little bitter about that bow ruining the value of my Voltaxic

Also I am waiting to see what Herald of Thunder is going to be before I recolor everything for Grace. It may actually force me to respec into some reduced mana nodes.
Last edited by XxLabanxX on Oct 17, 2014, 5:26:32 PM
thank you for sharing your build
and respond to my question.
I checked you items. They are good.

But I still don't think coc is a good way to use voltaxic.

I was searching build for voltaxic these days.

I found two builds in witch section. you can also check it.
Two of them are all spell based. One is arc and the other is spark/discharge.
Both of them are fine
or we can wait until the new light gem and light skill are released
"
superweaver wrote:
thank you for sharing your build
and respond to my question.
I checked you items. They are good.

But I still don't think coc is a good way to use voltaxic.

I was searching build for voltaxic these days.

I found two builds in witch section. you can also check it.
Two of them are all spell based. One is arc and the other is spark/discharge.
Both of them are fine
or we can wait until the new light gem and light skill are released

Yeah I looked at them too before I made this build. I honestly think CoC is fine with this build. Voltaxic was always a crit build in it's hay day. as I said in the original post. If I can get the normal attack damage out of voltaxic and the CoC pretty much being a bonus I am happy with that. It won't crit as much as windripper or a high end Harbinger, the trade off being you survive reflect. I am approaching 50% chance to crit now with all my power charges up and over 500% crit Multi. Most of my crit is global as well which means it applies to the spells being cast too. I can honestly say the damage output so far on this toon is alot better than it was on my original 90 ranger Frenzy/LA back in beta and 1.0. Clears maps alot faster. I am going to post a few videos soon with normal mods and my updated spec soon to show off the clear speed a little better. Might try a timed Gorge run or something.
A little update, I have recently been releveling my gems after they hit they hit 20. Once I now that most of my gems are 20% once I get them back up to 18 or so I will start posting some more videos. Damage increase Has been huge. Herald of Thunder is everything I hoped it would be in this build. I am also experimenting with Lightning Tendrills in Thunderfists as a possible single target spell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info