(1.3)(Obsolete)Walking in the fiery rain - Ultimate Firestorm! - 855k+ sustainable dps - EZ Atziri

"
joeedomi wrote:
How much damage buff does a lvl4 Empower give? Is it greater than 20/20 fire penetration gem does(which is like 45%)?

Hard to calculate. It gives a bunch of levels to firestorm so you get tons of extra base damage that has to go through all the multipliers from gear/tree.

I find that in general, penetration works better in PvP where ppl cap resists, but in PvE it only becomes really effective against ele resist mobs which may be common, but not common enough to use fire pen.

I might be totally off and wrong, but just from actual testing I prefer empower.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jul 10, 2015, 3:23:07 AM
Simplesim45:

Hi there. Liked ur videos of FS but would like to test with the updated skill tree, which arent on your post :(
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
"
Execreth wrote:
Simplesim45:

Hi there. Liked ur videos of FS but would like to test with the updated skill tree, which arent on your post :(

That would be because I tried to remake the build in 2.0 and it was absolutely HORRIBLE.

AA nerfs (we're constantly moving so you basically can't even run nerfed AA)
EB nerfs (firestorm mana cost is rather high)
Clarity nerfs (again, it comes down to mana cost. Have to invest too much in mana regen on tree to be able to get maximum overlap)
Firestorm nerfs (They upped the duration, but one of the duration clusters is now farther away and you waste more skill points to get there so basically the duration is the same. The change to quality is a ninja nerf. It increases each fireball's damage but NOWHERE NEAR as much as reducing duration between balls did.)
Vaal molten shell nerfs (Can't access one of the duration clusters and need more souls means you don't have 100% uptime for it anymore)
Can't run as many auras.
Leech INSANE nerfs (which was our bread and butter for surviving with tons of damage and leeching)

Every single aspect that made this build amazing got nerfed. So now it's absolute garbage. I went back to ice nova, I'm gonna make a new thread soon for my 2.0 ice nova update. Firestorm is dead forever. You can't make that skill worth using anymore.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Well, i think its not that bad. I'm using firestorm together with flame totem in new league and now get to lvl 72. A bit squishy, have to keep distance from mobs but i can still kill a blue pack with one or two cast of firestorm with a 4 link +2 fire some spell damage staff. I consider it still viable for farming maps, in a cast-and-run style.
Is there a new firestorm build for The Awakening (2.0)? Well for the skill tree at least. I really wanna make a firestorm build.
Planned on respeccing my Templar into Firestorm because Wild Strike sucks. Now that i read your comment I dont know what to do again T_T

When you say the skill is dead do you mean your specific setup or firestrom as such?
For me to think of a skill as viable, it has to be able to clear maps at a very significant speed and not force me to stutter step as I walk around or wait for packs to die.

The playstyle has to feel fluid.

New firestorm along with all other nerfs...it's just awful now. And we lost SO MUCH survivability. Just horrible.
So FS as a gem dsnt work cos nerf, but the reason to do it ?. I wanted to use on hard bosses of Act 4.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Jul 15, 2015, 12:51:26 PM
"
Execreth wrote:
So FS as a gem dsnt work cos nerf, but the reason to do it ?. I wanted to use on hard bosses of Act 4.

You definitely can, i see a lot of people playing it and it's still fine, just not so crazy like 1.3 with this gem set up. Now what i see most people do is to make firestorm multi-trap, still value duration and level, but not quality and crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info