The "Thank you" inflation

Well, here in Spain we say "hello" to people on the street IF there's nobody else (think of a path in a field and you see someone walking the same path).

It's just courtesy. If you feel annoyed for it, then... Sorry :D
This game is played all over the world, so there must be a standard to fit everyone. I know the bottled "Thank you for this" and "Have a good day, nameofthemod" are quite annoying and weird (imo the mods shuold be... a little more themselves, not so templated).

If you can't act friendly in your hotel (the "How may I help you"?) then you'll give a bad consumer support feeling.

It's just... a standard. Speaking of standars that dont work everywhere, tips (extra money for the service in restaurants and the like) are optional here in Spain, in Japan it's a insult and in USA it's obligatory ._.

The world is weird.
Not everyone is like you. I like that they say thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and I believe they are thankful. What do you want them to say? I'm sorry this will not happen again? [Removed by Support]
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
Last edited by Rachel on May 22, 2015, 9:59:03 AM
Thing is, they are not thankful... mostly, at least not person which types it. And, it usually is just copied template.

I know why they do it, but such behavior tends to feel like when you are communicating with a machine. Unfortunately itts standard at these days. Customer is someting like president of universe... and its wrong. Extremely wrong.

Communication with some customer care guy which sometimes use a smile and actfriendly feels extremely refreshing.
Can you link some of these incincere thank yous? I have no idea what you're talking about. I'd much prefer a 'Thanks for letting us know' to silence. When there is silence, people keep bumping threads because they don't think anybody read it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 22, 2015, 11:38:47 AM
Well, they say thank you in name of whoever who's doing the game.
They aren't going to say "Dang it, another bug? Fred, you're fired!"
"
mark1030 wrote:
I'd much prefer a 'Thanks for letting us know' to silence. When there is silence, people keep bumping threads because they don't think anybody read it.

Maybe "yeah, whatever" would be preferable, it would be sincere at least :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
mark1030 wrote:
I'd much prefer a 'Thanks for letting us know' to silence.

Well, there is always the third alternative of
"Geez, mate, read the bloody bugreports of others! We've had this reported for the umpteenth time now! Cantcha drop it awready?!"

Would be refreshing :)
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
I'd much prefer a 'Thanks for letting us know' to silence.

Well, there is always the third alternative of
"Geez, mate, read the bloody bugreports of others! We've had this reported for the umpteenth time now! Cantcha drop it awready?!"

Lol, I'm sure that's what they want to say.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
treffnix wrote:

Lol, I'm sure that's what they want to say.

And probably can, you'd have to be a real piece of work to truly get offended.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"Oh god another one!? It's been 40 bug reports in one day! Geez, let us rest!
- Moddermod"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info