What i hate about Isis

People are too stupid to know that Isis is an egyptian goddess and not some terrorist group. Damn some store has trouble because people think theyre linked to those terrorists and some app got a name change.

Me mad now.
History is littered with shitty hate groups that have ruined perfectly good symbols and names for everyone. This is why we cant have nice things.

Nazis ruined the Hindi svastika
KKK ruined the US rebel flag
ISIS apparently has ruined the deity Isis
"
History is littered with shitty hate groups that have ruined perfectly good symbols and names for everyone. This is why we cant have nice things.

Nazis ruined the Hindi svastika
KKK ruined the US rebel flag

Weird thing is it never makes sense. Swastikas are about good things yet all the Nazis did was utterly evil. Isis doesnt even make sense, because what does it stand for? Should be IS as in Islamic State, but no, the media fucks it up. Dunno about the KKK flag, but probably similarly bad and senseless.

This is why we cant have nice things.
ISIS, shorthand for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
Its just a coincidence it is the same name as Isis the deity. Some are calling them ISIL.

The KKK latched on to the stars and bars and the US rebel south - obviously due to the south's opposition to the criminalization of slavery. For many southerns the flag wasnt as much a hate symbol as much as a symbol of pride in their fallen and the fact they stood up for something they felt was right - no matter flawed or not. The KKK just turned the flag into a - we hate everyone different - symbol.

As for the nazis who knows. Some symbols probably just resonate within the human subconscious and are chosen without a real understanding why.
The nazi's reversed the swastika making it turn counterclockwise instead of moving forward as the wheels of life and time normally do.

The L in ISIL stands for Levant which I believe encompasses a larger area than Syria. If people actually called it the Islamic State they might realize how much religion is behind it. It is a shame about it using the name of ISIS, perhaps we could claim offense of their use of an ancient goddess. You know, flip their grievances back at them.
What would probably upset them more is if everyone collectively said "sweet! they are worshipping the old gods! Isis rocks!" That would probably do far more damage to their psyche.

Then make a sweet pic of Mohammed riding a Bird-lady with an v electric guitar.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on May 17, 2015, 11:08:12 AM
"
HermitDragon wrote:
The nazi's reversed the swastika making it turn counterclockwise instead of moving forward as the wheels of life and time normally do.

The L in ISIL stands for Levant which I believe encompasses a larger area than Syria. If people actually called it the Islamic State they might realize how much religion is behind it. It is a shame about it using the name of ISIS, perhaps we could claim offense of their use of an ancient goddess. You know, flip their grievances back at them.

I would love it for them going batshit crazy if people would call them worshippers of an egyptian goddess. But its actually sadly more the western media that gave them that name, the white house even uses other names already.

And the swastika no matter which way it points will surely get you in trouble if you wear it openly even if you wear the good version.
"
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
"
HermitDragon wrote:

I would love it for them going batshit crazy if people would call them worshippers of an egyptian goddess. But its actually sadly more the western media that gave them that name, the white house even uses other names already.

And the swastika no matter which way it points will surely get you in trouble if you wear it openly even if you wear the good version.

True true, I had one single post on the forums about the gammadion cross be deleted due to misunderstanding. Though I dont blame GGG for doing it, they are just covering their asses from the extremely stupid, who rule with an iron fist in this society of political correctness.
hell, just remembered one good recent example:

https://www.thefire.org/cases/george-washington-university-jewish-student-suspended-for-displaying-souvenir-indian-swastika/

"
The student, who is Jewish, had wanted to teach other residents about the cultural heritage of the swastika as a symbol of good luck
and then he still got heavily penalized, hell they were treating it as a HATE CRIME.

and for a positively hilarious news to contrast:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11417352/Racist-vandals-accidentally-paint-sacred-Swastika-on-Hindu-temple.html
Oblivious
The Jewish student knew what he was doing. Remember when you were 19?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info