TA Supporter Packs Achieve Record Sales + 11.5 Million Players

They seem to be hard workers. I Feel the success is well earned and deserved.
wondering if "record sales" is marketing or real ?

I was expecting lower sales compared to previous packs, even with the great marketing job done from Chris and the beta hype.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 15, 2015, 7:59:36 AM
"
Malone wrote:

I was expecting lower sales compared to previous packs, even with the great marketing job done from Chris and the beta hype.

Its an illusion exile
"
Malone wrote:

seeing how you have no data to support your hunch - who cares?
PoE future cares.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

You're assuming its all packs. I saw no value in pack, in beta and already had all the weapons etc. I bought points instead so I'm sure it added to tally too.
Git R Dun!
"
Malone wrote:

They hyped the shit outve a beta for an already released game. Then locked out most of their community from it. They then offered a buy-in. Is anyone really surprised they sold more of these than weapon MTX supporter packs..?

E: great short term gain, the long term costs are less apparent for now..
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 15, 2015, 11:48:56 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

They hyped the shit outve a beta for an already released game. Then locked out most of their community from it. They then offered a buy-in. Is anyone really surprised they sold more of these than weapon MTX supporter packs..?

E: great short term gain, the long term costs are less apparent for now..

They should have allowed buy in from the start and not delay a few days,testing the waters and see peoples reaction and suddenly dump the keys in supporter packs. Cheap tactic IMO.
Ya the whole thing was pretty crass tbh.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Ya the whole thing was pretty crass tbh.

Looked at another way, given the shitstorm GGG routinely walks into from this community every time they make ANY kind of decision, I could see why they hedged, at first. Remember, they adjusted the waves of Beta access to accommodate the demands of those who posted on this forum. For that matter, they started selling Beta access back in Closed to accommodate player demand, and they did it again, this time.

GGG gives people what they want, and get slapped for it, anyway. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on May 15, 2015, 11:59:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info