In need of helpful gamers who are willing to contribute to my thesis :)

UPDATE

Guys, I just wanted to tell you that my goal was reached and I collected enough responses. Actually, I collected almost 4 times more responses than what I expected!!!

Your help is absolutely invaluable and I cannot find the words to thank you properly!

I will start sending out the gift boxes a bit earlier than planned, probably around the 25th of May. So stay tuned and be patient - it will take me quite some time to reach you all :)

Thank you!

Hello people!

I am a final year student in the Netherlands and I am doing a marketing research for my graduation thesis. I need to find out what games you like and where you play them. To do so, I created this questionnaire - and it's all about games :)

I would be eternally grateful if you'd spend a couple of minutes (no more than 10, I promise!) to fill it in.

If you do fill it in, and if you have a Steam account, then I can send you a small gift - either a CS:GO, Dota, or a TF2 box. Just leave your details (Steam account URL and Steam Trade URL) at the end of the questionnaire, and as soon as I close it I will start sending the items. I will make sure that everybody receives something :)

Happy gaming!

@dimdimdov
Last edited by dimdimdov on May 16, 2015, 6:06:54 PM
May I ask a question? This seems more like Valve marketing over a research paper. What is this thesis? Buying habits of consumers to Valve?

I have a undefined rage building and I want to make sure it is focused and directed at the right person with pinpoint accuracy.
I did the thing
Ugh effort
"
May I ask a question? This seems more like Valve marketing over a research paper. What is this thesis? Buying habits of consumers to Valve?

I have a undefined rage building and I want to make sure it is focused and directed at the right person with pinpoint accuracy.

Hey, don't aim your rage in this direction, please :)! My research question is *roughly* about building a player base on Steam (from the viewpoint of a developer/publisher), that's why I've got a bunch of Steam-related questions.

To be honest, I don't think that Valve engages in much marketing... they've become a behemoth, a demi-god marketplace. Gabe is just too... big :) Maybe this will change once GOG's galaxy hits a live version. Who knows...

Anyways, if you filled the questionnaire in - thank you! I got really torn apart when I posted in on reddit, because I've never posted anything there.

"
aStrayGami wrote:
I did the thing

And many thanks to you too!
Last edited by dimdimdov on May 14, 2015, 3:35:31 AM
"
dimdimdov wrote:
Gabe is just too... big :)
If this is a DKR reference?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I did the thingo. Nice stuff.
Did the thing. Bit weird that "relaxing" was in the list genres of games that ask about being exciting. Also my answers to most of the questions would depend on the specific game, the blanket answers may or may not be so relevant. Good job though :)
done, it was good for most pages, but a few could be improved.

nice message at the end by the way haha
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
done, it was good for most pages, but a few could be improved.

nice message at the end by the way haha

I laughed.
I shan't be filling this out, but I am sure you can gather all the requisite data from the electronic chip that was implanted in my brain at birth.

Oh, screw it - I'll just fill out the form.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info