Ice Crash Skill Gem Demonstration

That unarmed ground pound tho... Noice!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
I hope it will be well thought out and balanced in comparison to old skills. No point in adding new skills if they make the old ones useless.
"
I hope it will be well thought out and balanced in comparison to old skills. No point in adding new skills if they make the old ones useless.

That's thinking backward, it should be balanced in regards to the content, and old skills should be changed if they're subpar (and some were already subpar to begin with).

I'ts not a coincidence that most of the high level melee builds you can find involve Cyclone, Gound Slam (physical cone), Infernal Blow (fire, requires a kill) or Static Strike (lightning, delayed). Ice was missing.

All the other melee skills lack substantial AOE, require a target and thus suffer from desynch and sometimes they involve mechanics that make things even worse (say hello to knockback).

Regardless of the new lockstep method (which most probably won't be used by 100% of the playerbase), this is clearly a step in the right direction: it does AOE damage, doesn't need a target and most probably it will convert a big chunk of damage into cold.

Last edited by Darkwings83 on May 14, 2015, 1:21:52 PM
Well with the new gloves knockback can be fun :P

To be fair I don't really like the AoE-heavyness. Some of the AoE-Skills are clearly too strong. On the beta currently mostly Static Strike and Cyclone. Frenzy will likely see use in some builds for getting charges and maybe even as a single-target option or just for Fortify but overall exspecially Cyclone basically makes every other skill feel like Sweep.
Oh so that's why templar has a slow start currently, he was missing this skill. Atleast now i know what i'll be using the staff build for. Thanks, I really had no idea what to do with my templar in beta.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Hmm ice crash, endurance on melee hit, coc, discharge , iron will, multistrike, while having blood rage and Rban ring on possible melee discharge build
"
Hmm ice crash, endurance on melee hit, coc, discharge , iron will, multistrike, while having blood rage and Rban ring on possible melee discharge build

coc and multistrike

jesus

GGG

[Removed by Support]
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Rachel on May 15, 2015, 8:40:32 AM
I am optimistic. Will see. Step in the right direction. In my view melee has some way to go still. Dexterity melee would be where I think attention is required.
"
Darkwings83 wrote:
"

That's thinking backward, it should be balanced in regards to the content, and old skills should be changed if they're subpar (and some were already subpar to begin with).

I'ts not a coincidence that most of the high level melee builds you can find involve Cyclone, Gound Slam (physical cone), Infernal Blow (fire, requires a kill) or Static Strike (lightning, delayed). Ice was missing.

All the other melee skills lack substantial AOE, require a target and thus suffer from desynch and sometimes they involve mechanics that make things even worse (say hello to knockback).

Regardless of the new lockstep method (which most probably won't be used by 100% of the playerbase), this is clearly a step in the right direction: it does AOE damage, doesn't need a target and most probably it will convert a big chunk of damage into cold.

I agree I think the point is we are lacking variety of skills. This game needs LOTS of more melee gems, an just balance them with the older skills like this an glacial hammer. Especially claws an daggers as well.
Nice!
"The heart is meat. The head is where the Man is."
~Lavianga, Headunter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info